Dark Link's Story by Dark_Link777
Summary: The story of Dark Link, revealing the characters' thoughts along the way.
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Link (OoT & MM)
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 963 Read: 18701 Published: Apr 17, 2005 Updated: Apr 17, 2005
Dark Link's Story by Dark_Link777
-Ganondorf's thoughts: Part of the Triforce is mine, Hyrule belongs to me, and Link and Zelda seem to have disappeared completely. However, Link has always returned, and I must prepare for his arrival. I need a way to eternally humiliate Link and defeat him at the same time... Of course! Link cannot possibly defeat himself! I shall create a Dark Link, better than the original. He will be unstoppable.

-Dark Link's thoughts: Darkness. All around me is darkness, closing in on me, suffocating me, and yet I am part of it. I don't exist, I don't feel. I have no purpose. But wait...what is that? Light...? Yes! Light! A column of light so brilliant that even though it hurts my eyes, I cannot bear to look away. I am something now. I have a purpose.
-Ganondorf: "You, my new creation. Look up at me, your creator."
-*Dark Link looks at Ganondorf.*-
-Dark Link: "Who are you? What am I?"
-Ganondorf: "I am Ganondorf, your creator. I made you to stop Link. You are his shadow's image, made of all the darkness in his heart. Go now! Serve your purpose!"
-*There is a bright flash of light, and Dark Link is gone.*-
-Dark Link's thoughts: Again I am waiting. Waiting to serve my purpose. I sense Link's arrival. It won't be long now.
-Link's thoughts: What's this? An empty chamber in the middle of the Water Temple? There is only a small tree here!
-Dark Link's thoughts: He is here.
-*As Link walks past the tree, Dark Link appears behind him.*-
-Dark Link: "Stop. You go no further."
-*Link turns around quickly, not expecting anybody.*-
-Link's thoughts: Am I looking into a black mirror?
-Link: "Who are you?"
-Dark Link's thoughts: I'm not even sure of that.
-Dark Link: "I am you."
-*Dark Link draws his sword.*-
-Link's thoughts: He must be joking.
-Link: "How can you be me if I am here?"
-*Link draws his sword*-
-Dark Link: "I am every part of you that is evil, all the darkness in your 'pure' heart. All evil you've ever felt has been taken from you and solidified into me."
-Dark Link's thoughts: Wow, that sounded cool.
-Link's thoughts: This guy is either crazy or Ganondorf's doing.
-Link: "If I defeat you, what will happen to me?"
-Dark Link's thoughts: He's actually going to fight me. It would be better for me if I had every advantage possible. Perhaps this will discourage him.
-Dark Link: "If you defeta me, your body will die as your soul and mind are cast into a realm of eternal darkness, a realm darker than you can imagine. A realm of nothingness, where there is no up, no down, no feeling whatsoever."
-Link's thoughts: I can I get past him if I die when he does? And where does he get all these lines?
-*Dark Link notices Link looking for a different way out.*-
-Dark Link: "Fool! Your only option is to fight me. Only when I am defeated will the door open."
-Link's thoughts: Crud.
-Link: "If my options are to let you kill me or fight you and die, I choose to fight!"
-*Link charges towards Dark Link.*-
-Dark Link's thoughts: Crud.
-*Link swings his sword at Dark Link, who blocks it.*-
-Link's thoughts: He's good.
-Dark Link's thoughts: Whew, that was close.
-*Dark Link swings horizontally. Link nimbly rolls under the blade.*
-Link's thoughts: Wow, how'd I do that?
-Dark Link's thoughts: Wow, how'd he do that?
-*Link pulls out his bow and readies an arrow.*-
-Link's thoughts: Swords aren't getting us far.
-Dark Link's thoughts: Crud.
-*Dark Link pulls out a boomerang and throws it at Link. It hits Link's bow, throwing off his aim. The boomerang flies back and the arrow gets stuck in the tree.*-
-Link's thoughts: He's good.
-Dark Link's thoughts: He's not so tough.
-*Link grabs a bomb and throws it at Dark Link. Dark Link grabs it and throws it back. They throw it back and forth until it begins flashing.*-
-Link's thoughts: Uh...Oh...
-*Dark Link throws the bomb at Link. Halfway through the air, the bomb explodes harmlessly.
-Dark Link's thoughts: Aaah! that was so close!
-Link's thoughts: Whew, that was close.
-*They engage in sword combat again, realizing that items weren't getting them anywhere. The clang of steel on steel is so loud, the fighters think that they can be heard all throughout Hyrule. Suddenly the noise stops.*-
-Link's thoughts: Is this how it ends?
*-Link is on the ground by the tree, his sword beside him. Dark Link's sword is pointed at his neck.*-
-Dark Link: "My purpose will finally be fulfilled. Prepare to die."
-Link: "Not yet!"
-*Link grabs the arrow sticking out of the tree and plunges it into Dark Link's heart.
-Dark Link: Aaaaaaaah!
-Dark Link's thoughts: I was made to do just one simple thing. I failed. I am nothing.
-*Dark Link's body disappears. The doors on both sides of the chamber unlock.*-
-Link's thoughts: Now I wait to die.
-*Several minutes pass. Nothing happens.*-
-Link's thoughts: Why is nothing happening to me? Perhaps...Yes, that must be it. That dirty fiend lied to me!
-*Link walks through the door on the far side of the chamber.*-
-Dark Link's thoughts: The darkness is all around me again, though no longer menacing. It is now my friend, because I feel it's defence weakening. It won't be long now.
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1440