The Legend of Zelda: Afterwards by zeldafanchick2005
Summary: Just a fic idea I've had for over a month. I'm just now considering writing it. Basically, a time of peace is in Hyrule, and Link is unsure of what to do now. No doubt this idea is a cliche, but now it's my turn. I tried a simpler, straight-from-the-hip style in this one. plz R&R!
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Link (OoT & MM)
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1115 Read: 27382 Published: Apr 29, 2005 Updated: Apr 30, 2005
Chapter Two: by zeldafanchick2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Two: Taken by Force
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a while ever since the peace started. We Hylians just go about our daily lives, and I help with the occasional problem that arises.

Life has been...boring, I suppose. I feel so sorry for Link, though. He doesn't know how to live a life of peace, though that's what he was aiming to achieve. I guess that niether of us were ready, or expectant, of a new Age of Light.

Being a princess, I must contain my personal emotions until I am alone...or with a confidant. Yes, I speak of Link. We began a romance, and we were happy. We just felt that without the glue of ongoeing fighting and war in Hyrule, something was missing.

Then...something happened that would change my life, as well as Link's. That is why I did not tell him of it. That is why I ignore his questioning of 'are you alright?'

I let him keep thinking that I was bothered by the silly rumors about us. I could really care less. Both of us not only know that they are not true, but we both have the power to make them shut up.

I was a little offended by them though. Especially about how they said that Link was seeing Malon outside of our relationship.

But my secret was intended to remain a secret. I didn't want the burden of it, but I had no choice.

"Zelda, are you sure you're okay?"

"*sigh* Yes, Link. I'm fine. Really."

He looked at me with a skeptical glint in his eyes, so I did what every normal woman did when there was something she didn;t want to discuss:

...I kissed him and shut him up.Simple, right? It worked for a few hours, then he started to ask me even more. I really needed to work on keeping my disturbed look on my face hidden.

But humor aside, Link could never learn of my secret.

A few months after the peace began, it was like any other day had been. Warm, calm. But something wasn't right; I could feel it in the deep of my soul. I won't name who or why, for I know neither, but I was attacked that night. By attacked I mean rape. The indescribable pain was just overwhelming, both in my body and heart.

I screamed as my virginity was ripped away from me, my heart screaming in equal, if not more, pain.

All I could hear was this man laughing as he got what he wanted. My agony was of no importance to him. He was a dark, evil being. I honestly could not tell if he was a human, or just a humanoid thing; a vessel of pure evil, feeding off of his own lust.

What was even more trgic about the incident was that, a month or so later, I performed a spell, and realized that a life was growing inside me.

...I was carrying a child.

I felt my heart collapse as uncontrollable tears rolled down my face. I fell to my knees, and unconciously began to pray to the Goddesses that the child not survive.

For the first time, the Goddesses made a response to my prayer. Through telepathy, they told me to find a mage of remarkable power. She would be able to rid me of the child.

I could not go on a journey by myself. Not when the kingdom was in such happiness. I would have to tell Link. But how?

I couldn't. I wouldn't.
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1508