The next Zelda game by jordan
Summary:

Just some ideas placed in order of what could happen in the next game.

Doesn't really sound enticing, does it? whateva 


Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 1903 Read: 89436 Published: Jul 12, 2008 Updated: Jul 14, 2008

1. Movie - Opening Introduction by jordan

2. Player Control - Tutorial - Movement by jordan

3. Movie - The Woman Follows by jordan

4. Player Control - Tutorial - Athletic Abilities: Part 1 by jordan

5. Movie - A Meeting With A Love Interest by jordan

6. Player Control - Tutorial - Athletic Abilities: Part 2 by jordan

Movie - Opening Introduction by jordan

The scene begins as a large woman pulls a pie out from her oven. The camera cuts to rustling leaves in the bushes outside her window, indicating somebodies presence. The camera cuts back the the woman as she smiles and sniffs the pie. The bush rustles again, but she doesn't notice. She walks over to the window sill, the camera following her from behind and she places the pie on the windowsill. The camera remains on the pie, keeping the sill at the same height as the camera. The pie is still visible. Slowly, brown hair rises up and then green eyes, then a whole face, to reveal a grinning teenager. This boy is not Link. He is Links friend. The boy is about to grab the pie when the woman walks back in, causing the boy to duck quickly. The woman picks up the pie and places it on the table in the center of the room. The camera shows the boy crouching just below the window, and the woman walking out a door as well. The boy peeks over the window sill then stands up again, obviously going to try to climb through the window. The camera cuts quickly to two shadowed figures in the tree line, watching the boy at the window. The camera returns to inside the kitchen, the pie just visible in the bottom left but focused on the boy as he clambers through the window. He lands with a thud, and the woman hears it, and returns to the room. The two lock eyes for a moment, the camera switching between the boys widening frightened eyes and the womans quickly narrowing eyes, meaning anger. The camera cuts from the two and shows the entrance door from the outside, slowly moving away from it. The suspenseful music stopped as soon as the camera cut to the door. Suddenly, the door bursts open and humourous music begins as the boy runs out holding the pie and the woman a moment later with a broom. The camera watches from above as the two sprint across the small expanse of grass to the treeline. The camera shows the two shadowed figures in the bush to be two more boys, one of them with the familiar blue eyes blonde hair. The two new boys wave encouragingly to their friend and the the camera sits behind them, watching the boy draw closer. The camera switches to a side view of the tree line, and the boy reaches the others and they all turn and run. The woman continues running after them. The camera follows the three boys and trees whiz past as they run, all three laughing. The music builds momentum as they draw closer to the other side of the trees. Suddenly, they burst through the last ones and the camera is up high in the air, showing the boys on a small hill overlooking a village. The boy run down the hill and out of sight as the camera swoops down low across the village, flying through cart wheels and under legs of people walking, to capture the sense of a living, breathing village. The end of the cutscene and the beginning of player control. This cutscenes purpose was to show the harmless innocence of Links teenager years.

More soon.

Player Control - Tutorial - Movement by jordan

Before I start, I would like to thank my only reviewer, who pointed out all my mistakes. Well done. Now my goal for this section is to use the word camera over 60 times, or pehaps some variations of it, like FILMBOX or MAGICAL RECORDING CUBE. (This aint an insult, by the way, so dont flame me, I'm just making fun.(Don't kill me(Please))).

 

The magical recording cube is situated behing the player, as per usual Zelda games, and the controls for whatever console it is being played on appear on screen(look, move, etc.). The two other boys stand a few metres away, and claim that you tripped over at the bottom of the hill, and that you should work the pain out, giving the player a chance to get a feel for moving. The surrounding area is a small circle of grass behind a building, away opposite the road. After moving and looking around a little, the two boys prompt the player to follow them up the path behind the houses(The viewed houses are in a row, only the back is visible and there is no traffic). Unable to climb the hill behind them, as well as being in an enclosed space, the player has to follow the boys. The player chases them down the narrow path, passing featurless brick walls with a look of age to them, and a slight mold. After reaching the first turn off in the path, another cutscene begins.

 

Yes, every chapter is extremely small, but I'm putting the player control and movies apart for simplicity reasons. Wanna go? Meet me at the bike racks after school.

Movie - The Woman Follows by jordan
The filmbox follows Link closely as he runs toward the turnoff, shaking and twisting as though it was running too. Switching to a view that shows the two other boys crouching with their backs against the wall around the corner, also providing a view down the path they just ran down, the camera zooms slightly down the path, then turns to show the boys faces as Link ducks around the corner, sweating but wearing broad grins as one of them grips the pies tray. Turning back to the path, the camera zooms in on the hill at the start of the game, shaking slightly as if being held by someone. The leaves and brushes shake and the woman emerges with her broom. The camera zooms back and turns slightly to show that the pie holding boy had been peeking out from around the corner. He turns back to the others with a look of urgency on his face, and tells them that she's following them. He turns back for another look and the woman sees him, the camera repeating what it did the first time he peeked out, with the zooming in and such. The woman walks forward briskly, patting the broom against her palm, and the boys take off running down the alley. End of cutscene and begin of player control.
Player Control - Tutorial - Athletic Abilities: Part 1 by jordan
The player begins halfway down the alley with the two boys egging him on. The movement controls appear on the screen once more to remind the player of them. The player runs down the alley and turns again to follow the boys and they come to the exit of the alley, which leads straight into the wide street. Hearing footsteps behind them, the boys tell Link to stay close and they dash off across the street. The game pauses and a message pops up on the screen indicating more athletic controls, such as roll, jump, ect. This late timing of control explanations is to show that they will be needed immediatley. Returning to the game, the player chases after the boys, coming across small challenges like having to roll under a cart or leap through a stall. The player has warning of what to do by seeing the boys do it first. This is to teach the player how to find new ways around obstacles other than going around. Upon reaching the other side of the street, the player would follow the boys into another alleyway, which they follow until the three way corner. The player follows as the boys turn right and then runs with them until they reach the end of the narrow path. They are now on the opposite side of the street, in the path behind the houses like the beginning of the game. A cutscene begins.
Movie - A Meeting With A Love Interest by jordan

Unlike the first path, this one opens up at the end of the houses. The three boys blunder out of the opening and bend over to catch their breath. The camera watches from a few meters away with a tiny slit of the street visible, but mostly keeping the three in frame. Wiping sweaty hair off their faces, the boys look at each other and laugh when the brown haired one holds up the pie tray. After talking about how much effort just for a pie, they tell Link to take a look around the corner to see if the womans following. The magical recording cube switches to Links vision and edges out slowly, to see the woman storm out into the street and look around furiously. Still in Links vision, the camera turns back to the other boys and Link tells them either in voice or by his usual non-speaking-telepathy, that she has emerged from the alley and is looking for them. They tell him to look again, and the camera edges out again, but the player has only enough time to see a man in front of the woman point to the alley entrance that they recently used before a teenage girls grinning face pops up on screen. The camera returns to normal, viewing both Link and the girl at a side angle. Link gives a start at the sudden appearance of the girl and stumbles backward a little. The filmbox is showing Link and the girl foremost at the sides of the screen and in the center a few metres away are the two boys waving frantically at Link to hurry. I dont have the conversation between Link and the girl down, nor her name, but there is a lot of blushing and shy downcast eyes. At some point, the girl asks Link why hes running, and after telling her, she whispers in hisear that the vines on the side of the house they're next to look really easy to climb. She then darts away giggling. That was the very obvious hint that the player would be climbing up the house wall. Link turns back to his friends, the camera moving slightly to hold them all in frame. The brown haired one looks at something unseen down the path behind the houses, and he hurridly passes the pie to the other boy, who waves his hands and passes it back. But this little problem is stopped when an angry lady with a broom comes charging out of the back path. The lady whacks the two boys a bit and the cutscene ends.

Player Control - Tutorial - Athletic Abilities: Part 2 by jordan
The player starts watching the woman whack Links two friends with the broom, and a message pops up, indicating the vines again. The player runs at the vines and begins climbing. The woman shakes her broom at you and yells something, then walks around to the front and enters the building the player just reached the top of, indicating that shes coming up. Another message pauses the game to tell you how to tightrope walk. When unpaused, the game will indicate a washing rope that runs to the next house. The player then must cross the tightrope to the other building. After crossing, the camera is turned and zoomed automatically to show the woman burst through the door on the roof, then begin shaking the broom and yelling again. After the woman disapears back inside the the house, another message tells you how a cart full of hay is coming past the building, that you could hide in it. Giving plenty of warning, the player must jump into the hay cart from the building. A cutscene plays.
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=2589