The Fairy's Return by Beat15
Summary: The tale of what went on in Hyrule as Link was stopping Skull Kid from destroying Termina. Navi isn't so far from where she separated from Link.
Note: I'm using my own oc a Gerudo/Hylian by the name of Beat Grimsley. Please r&r I need to know what I can improve on!
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Darunia, Ganondorf Dragmire, Impa, Link (OoT & MM), Malon, Nabooru, Princess Zelda, Rauru, Ruto, Saria
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: The Beat Grimsley Saga
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 9568 Read: 103246 Published: Jun 23, 2011 Updated: Jul 04, 2011
Story Notes:
My first post so may not be as good as the rest on here.

1. The Fairy's Return by Beat15

2. Farm Daze by Beat15

3. A Day on the Town by Beat15

4. Beat's Suffering Begins by Beat15

5. Forming the Plan by Beat15

6. A Plan in Motion by Beat15

7. The Petfect Plan by Beat15

The Fairy's Return by Beat15
Author's Notes:
Navi is caught in a storm when she sees a stalfos running from a shadowy figure. That figure than turns it sites on Lon Lon Ranch.
It has been a year since Link and Zelda returned everyone to their lives right before Ganondorf's hostile takeover. The Great Deku Tree is still only a sprout but he still governs the Kokiri Village. Saria serves as the Deku Sprouts aide and goes to the village to tell the Kokiri of their leaders decisions. Darunia has just had his son and named him after his Sworn Brother: Link. Ruto is acting more lady-like than when Link first met her. Impa is still aiding Zelda, and knows of how Zelda used Sheik as an alter-ego. Nabooru is in a situation best left to be told later. And Zelda is in her castle awaiting Link's return.

"This storm has been going for three days, when will it cease?" questioned a lone voice seeming to emulate from nowhere. "If this rain doesn't let up my violin will be ruined! Sweet goddes Nayru, I beseech thee please take pity on my violin and cease your flow of tears. Almighty Din grant the sky your heavenly light. And merciful Farore grant me a safe haven where I may..." this prayer was interrupted by the attack of a stalfos. In moments it was running away with the threatening shouts of whoever it attacked. "How dare you interrupt a prayer to the goddesses? I hope you burn in hell! Oh no my violin I left it out! You damn stlafos, my violin is ruined! I'll hunt you down and rip you apart planting each bone in a different part of Hyrule!"

Meanwhile the storms darkness continued. In a tree overlooking Lon Lon Ranch Navi watched as the lights went out inside one by one. How long had it been since She last spoke with Malon. Did she even remember her? Probably not. Only Link, Zelda, the sages and herself kept their memories. Now she probably doesn't even remember Link. She then heard the sound of a steady stream of curses. Oh great, Ingo's drunk, wait no it's coming from the field. Navi could dimly make out a stalfos running from what could be only made out as a shadow. The shadow then stopped running noticing the lights of the ranch. It started headed towards the tree Navi rested in. Navi was overcome by curiosity and went to lower boughs. She could see it was the height of a teenager, and had the pointed ears of a Hylian. It ignored the ranch and dove right under the branches of the pine.

The "shadow" had found the stalfos had put a minor gash in the violin. It played fine, but he was pissed that the violin was vandalized. He chased the stalfos until he saw a tree. "Bless you sweet Farore." it thanked looking to the heavens. He then made a beeline straight to the tree. "Damn stalfos ruined my tunic and my violin." whined this rather pitiful traveler. No food had touched his lips since the night before. Upon reaching the tree he saw a blue light above him. "Hello there my fine fairy friend. Trying to stay dry too eh?" he greeted politely.

Navi was surprised when the shadow talked to her. Even more so that it was polite. "Uh... Yeah I am totally soaked." Navi answered.
"Here," it said offering her it's tunic.
"Don't give me your tunic!" Navi said pushing it back towards its owner.
"Don't worry about it I got it ripped so I'd get wet anyway."
"Oh...ok." Navi replied blankly. She then flashed bright green," Theres a ranch up ahead why don't we head there?"

The "shadow" then followed the fairy to the ranch. He wondered why the fairy wasn't there already if she knew where this ranch was. He had no sooner thought that when they reached a door. On instinct he knocked on the door. Suddenly a big, hairy-armed man, who's was balding opened the door. " what in tarnation are you doin' out dere' kid you'll get sick come on inside. Well well I recognize that fairy! Your Link's fairy Navi!"

Navi was shocked many times that night. One of the biggest was that they remembered her. She learned the reason the boy was chasing a stalfos, and that he was named Beat. This boy has the same attitude as Link, but he was of a darker skin tone then Link.

"Thank you Talon, for your kindness, your shelter, and your soup!" Beat said settling deeper into the chair he was seated in.
"It's my pleasure kiddo. But I have one question, are you Hylian?"
"Well yes and no. My dad was a Hylian and my mom was a Gerudo." he answered with a an innocent smile.
End Notes:
This is my first post I'm not sure how well I did so some feed back would be nice.
Farm Daze by Beat15
Author's Notes:
The boy who has introduced himself as a half Gerudo is spending his day after the rain doing some work on the ranch. But as he works he and Navi talk about a dangerous subject.
"A male Gerudo? That's a shock." Talon replied to the boys statement, scratching what little hair he had left on his head.
"I know, unlikely right?" he said staring into the freshly lit fire."Mr. Talon, even if this rain doesn't let up, by the goddesses I will do all the work needed to be done tomorrow for you. I only have one request after imposing on you so much." he stated with a determined look on his face.

Please say yes, please say you'll except the condition. He begged in his mind.
"What, pray tell, is this condition?" Talon asked with a curious look in his eyes.
Yes, he thought to himself." Could you fix my violin?" he asked tears starting to well up in his eyes.

Navi was watching the whole conversation. She laughed when Talon agreed to fix the boys instrument and he let out a whoop of delight. That shout had awoken the only other women on the ranch, Malon.

Malon wasn't happy. She was tired and right when she drifted off some idiot woke her up with his shouting. She knew it wasn't her dad, and it couldn't be Ingo, he's never happy. As se walked down the stairs she saw a boy with tanned skin, lighter than a Gerudo, but darker than a Hylian. He wore a torn tunic and had hair that was almost as dark as the stormy night, but that darkness that was his hair was pierced by various orange trails going through it.
"Who are you?" she asked coming down the stairs.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry about that. I probably woke you didn't I?"
"Yeah you did, but I'll forgive you since your so cute." she answered with a giggle." I'm Malon, that big guys daughter."
That's a pretty name he thought to himself."I'm Beat Grimsley. Thank you for your forgiveness." Beat said with a bow.
"Your welcome Beat. So what brings you here?" she asked with a curtsie imitating his politeness.

Talon had enough so he stated " Malon leave the boy alone and let him get some sleep!"
"But Daddy..." Malon started to say something but was interrupted by her father.
"No buts Malon, let him rest. He can tell us all tomorrow."

Beat had the same dream again. Him standing over the kings dead body. Then chasing out the princess Zelda on horseback only to be stopped by a boy with a shield too big for him to use and a small sword. He felt his arm rise and then releasing a strong blast of energy knocking the boy over. Before he dreamt any further he felt a gentle prod in his arm. Talon stood over him holding his violin and bow. Looking at Talon's eyes he could tell Talon worked all night repairing his only keepsake." Thank you Talon."
"Don't mention it. Everyone is still asleep, and the rain stopped, thank Nayru. Why don't you play for a bit, then we can go work the field?"
"That's a great idea!" Beat answered happily taking his violin. He then took a deep breath and began to play. He played his favorite song, his only Gerudo song. It was one of the few happy memories he had of his childhood. As he played he noticed Talon falling asleep.
"I guess any songs a lullaby to him." said a voice that sounded like bells.

Navi had been awakened by the happy song. She stretched to wake up more.
"Good morning my fairy friend." he said with a smile"Sleep well?"
"Yeah, I haven't slept like this in a year." she replied turning her natural shade of blue.
"Hmm, I haven't slept like that ever." he stated sadly.
"Oh, why do you say that?" she asked turning a pale blue expressing concern.

Navi looked worried. And he noticed the last time she was worried was when he said he was Gerudo. "I had a dream, that was more vivid than all my other ones. I'll tell you while I get to work." he stated wrapping his blanket around Talon. He set down his violin and headed outside.

Navi followed him out, admiring his body. Although he was thin from malnourishment he was still in good shape. He wore dark blue tights and no shirt.
"It's my only shirt, the tunic, and besides it got torn." he said reading her mind.
"How did you?"
"You were looking at my body so I figured you were curious."
"Oh. That's pretty smart but then you'd have to worry about not getting your tights dirty."
"Please, that's the sign that you work hard."
"Good point."

As he worked Beat noticed Navi becoming more relaxed. Now or never he thought. "Navi, why did you get worried when I said I was a Gerudo? It's because the current male isn't around anymore that you were shocked to find out another male Gerudo was around, right?"
"How do you know this?" she asked.
"There's a long list. One reason is that I should be seven years older. Another is how I know things about Ganondorf. He just went up in smoke, poof, gone. My final reason is that I'm back in Hyrule." Beat then told her about his dream.

Navi knew what was happening. " You're seeing Ganondorf's memories. He must be trying to control you through his prison."
"So he's alive?" Who captured him?"
Before Navi could answer they were interrupted by Malon calling them over to the house. Beat wiped the sweat off his face and headed towards the house. "That boy has something special, but what is it?" she thought to herself.

Beat walked up to Malon, standing a head taller than her. She noticed he had already begun to work."You forgot about breakfast!" she said giggling. He swallowed and then she heard his stomach growl. They both laughed. He joined the workers of the ranch at the table and they asked what brought him there last night. He recounted the entire event of how a stalfos attacked him and how he promptly fought it off. Then noticing how his violin was ruined he began to chase down the stalfos. After finishing breakfast they gathered around for a song on his violin. Then he told them to relax and he would handle the chores today. He did Malon's first: cleaning the stable, grazing the horses and milking the cattle. He finished faster than she normally did. He then finished Talon's and Ingo's right around lunch.

Navi had been with him the whole time recounting the adventure she went on with Link. He asked a question every once in a while and never interrupted otherwise. She wished Link was like this, remaining calm when she talked. But by thinking of Link she brought back her memories of her deserting him after it was all over. She couldn't make heads or tails of him noticing the repeat in time. She could think of one person to talk to, Princess Zelda.

Ingo was impressed by Beats speed at working. Talon was impressed by his appetite. Malon was impressed by his body. Beat was impressed that what he did was a days worth of work. Since all the work was done Beat decide to get horse riding lessons from Malon. He was a natural. He then made a bet with Ingo that he could find Talon's super cuccoo. Ingo accepted the challenge and he began searching. He found them in twenty seconds. So Ingo paid up and gave Beat twenty rupees. Beat had a blast on the ranch that day. But his fun would come to an end soon.
End Notes:
This is just flowing so naturally fit me.
A Day on the Town by Beat15
Author's Notes:
Beat's fun ends as he is told to visit Hyrule castle by Navi. The Gerudo boy is then guided through the town by a local girl.
"Beat, you have to stay here, you can do the work so quickly! Talon you must hire him!" Ingo pleaded.
"If I did you'd be out of a job." Talon said sternly.
"I wouldn't want to take his job." Beat reassured Ingo as he let out a gasp.
Malon then grabbed his arm and looked at him with a smile too seductive to have been made by a girl her age. "Please stay." she requested.
He escaped her grasp, but then he just had to give in "I'd love to..."
"But we must be going now!" Navi interrupted.
"We? Since when is there a we?" Beat asked giving Navi a questioning glance.

Navi boiled inside. She had to keep from glowing red as he looked back to Malon. "Beat we need to go to the market. Now!" she emphasized now to make it clear he was not going to be able to stay.
"Fine," he said conceding to the fairy." I'll come visit as soon as I'm done."After saying that, Malon and Ingo cheered.

Beat began to play a tune on his violin, making traveling a bit easier. "I think she likes me." he stated breaking the silence.
"Who, Malon? She's just curious, you should've seen how she treated Link. She called him fairy-boy just to annoy him."
"She called me by my name. I wish I could return her feelings, but I'm promised to another."
"May I ask who that is?" Navi asked turning green, her way of looking curious.
" I believe you've met her. She's the only one I can promise my undying affection to, but now she probably thinks of me as a coward." he admitted shamefacedly.
"Who is it?!?" Navi asked turning red.
"Nabooru, that divine goddess. I deserted her when I was going to be crowned as Gerudo king. I got scared and ran. She was the only one who enjoyed my music. She was the one who always protected me. When Ganondorf was leader he tried to kill me but Nabooru stopped him. She told me to run. I never forgot how she saved me, and when I found myself back at Gerudo Fortress all I could do was run." After saying that he ceased playing. He was in no mood to be happy now.

Navi turned pale red, she was embaressed for making him shout like that."I'm sorry, I should've kept my mouth shut." Navi apologized.
"No, don't apologize. You reminded me of my goal. To become strong enough to guide my people. I will not be remembered as the king who ran away!" he shouted.
Navi sighed. Boy is this one crazy, of all the people to fall for he picked Nabooru, the most dangerous Gerudo and sage.

They reached the castle town just as the sun was setting. Beat greeted the guard and the guard had to stifle laughing.
"What was so funny?" he asked looking at Navi.
" You said good morning to him, " she stated smirking.
"Oh. Haha" he began laughing his unique laugh. A deep chuckle that ended in a higher pitch then his pitch when starting.

"We should wait till morning" she suggested. Navi was tired but she wouldn't admit it.
"Fine. Let's find a good tree." he said walking towards the castle path.
"Or we could stop at an inn. Didn't you beat Ingo at your bet?" she didn't want to be out any longer. She had tasted the indoors again and would not sleep outside unless it was necessary.
"Oh yeah, let's go to that one!" he exclaimed pointing to an inn that was rather worn-down. She saw the board showing the inns name, and gasped in fear. It was called "The Rusty Dagger"! Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted by a man being thrown through the window.

Beat ignored her complaints and slipped into the crowded room. He slithered noiselessly to the bar where he asked the innkeeper for a room. It cost him twelve rupees for the room. "It's all I need thank you." he said denying the inns courtesy meal. He climbed up the stairs and bumped into a rather unkempt man whose hair was sticking out at odd angles.
"Watchit ya little urchin!" he shouted in a slurred voice.
"My apologies sir, I'm just trying to get into my room." Beat said trying to hold his temper.
"You ain't goin' nowhere!" he snarled pulling out a knife.

Everyone in the inn stopped and watched as the young boy was threatened by this drunken giant. Several men rose to aid him but he just waved them off.
"Sir I must insist you put that knife away before someone is hurt." Beat tried reasoning with him again. But it fell upon deaf ears. The man just tightened his grip on the knife. Beat handed his violin to a girl with long black hair sitting at a table close by. "I entrust my only worldly possession in your sweet and delicate hands." he said smiling to the girl.
The man took this as an opportunity. Navi looked on in dismay as the knife ran through Beat. But something seemed off. Beat was still smiling. He turned and as he did so his tunic ripped more. In an instant he had the man's hand that held the knife twisted at an uncomfortable angle. The knife fell to the floor, clattering harmlessly. Beat then planted his feet on the ground as he flipped the giant over his back. The man fell with a resounding "thud" and he then fell unconscious.
"No more drinks for him tonight, eh?" he asked as the audience he had won over cheered. He reclaimed his violin, and thanked the girl with kiss on he hand. He picked up the knife his foe had used.
"Anyone mind if I keep this?"
Everyone said take it, so he did. As he resumed climbing people rose to get to bed. Apparently the man was keeping everyone from going upstairs. Many people complimented his strength and courage taking on the man unarmed. The girl that helped him kissed his cheek saying he was very brave. Beat then felt his cheeks burn bright with embarrassment.

Navi wasn't as happy. She scolded him for not listening to her (which he was doing now), she scolded him for taking on that man unarmed, and she scolded him for worrying her. He apologized before drifting to sleep. Navi was amazed he hadn't been hurt. She looked at the blade and saw a small drop fall from it's point. So he was cut, that idiot. She moved the torn tunic fabric aside to find a small cut, one that could've been caused by brushing against a wall. He was quite lucky. Navi then thought of how he would reach Zelda. He couldn't sneak in, like Link did. Navi needed a way to get Zelda to come to him.

As Navi fluttered out the window , Beat had nightmares again. This time he stood before Nabooru, a look of contempt on her face. She turned her back to him before saying her thoughts of her supposed king.
"Your a spineless fool, you know that? You can fight a drunken idiot, unarmed I may add, leaving with only a tiny cut and a ruined tunic, yet you can't find the guts to claim your kingdom. You don't even know the hardships were facing now. There are multiple groups that want your head on a spit and roasted till your skull melts. Only a small number protect your name. I'm questioning whether or not you're worthy of being a Gerudo!" her words stung. They burned into his soul.
"You're wrong." he started. "I left to become stronger. And I left to learn the reason why I am living out Ganondorf's memories in my dreams. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused, but this is necessary." He was shocked, he never spoke to Nabooru this way.
"You've got courage, I'll give you that. But I won't protect you forever." she stated dispersing into mist.
He then found himself entering a forest. He stood in front of a great tree and demanded it handed over what he came here for. The tree refused, and he snapped. He summoned one of his creations, a small parasite called Ghoma. He gave the tree one last chance before releasing Gohma. It still refused. So be it. He sent Gohma into the tree. If I can't get that stone then you can die a slow painful death, watching your children frolic carefree as you whither and rot.

Navi flew on, though she doubted Zelda would be in the courtyard, it was a good place to start. Navi was surprised when she found Sheik and Impa sparring. She was so happy to see them again. Impa noticed the fairy. Sheik took it as an opportunity and swung at his master. Impa carelessly stepped aside as Sheik swung and missed. They then ceased the match to greet their fairy friend. Sheik placed his right arm over his heart and was then engulfed in light as he transformed into her trueself. Zelda stood before Navi now, and stared at her.
"What brings you here, Navi?" she asked. She was a little uneasy considering that she was worried sick over the boy who Navi was supposed to protect.
Navi explained her situation and Zelda was shocked. Another Gerudo king? How could this be? Ganondorf killed all the males that had been captured when he was crowned, how did a male Gerudo survive? And an even better question followed how did he get Ganon's memories?
Impa traveled to the temple of sages to talk to Raauru about this development.

Navi returned before sunrise. She understood Zelda's request. Keep him in Hyrule Castle town until she sent for him. Navi told what inn they'd be staying in and left. Now she finally got to sleep. Laying on the pillow of her new charge she let out an exhausted sigh before falling asleep.

Both were awakened by a knock at the door. Beat invited the one knocking in to find the girl that had kissed him last night. She said she was the inn keepers daughter, and as a thanks for getting rid of the drunk man he was free to stay as long as he wanted, free of charge. Beat thanked her as he sat up. He reached for his violin and began to play a quiet song that was relaxing yet awoke the boy. The girl offered to show him around the town and when Beat looked to Navi for approval she sighed, "Sure, why not?"

Beat was having a blast. He walked to the innkeeper and thanked him. The innkeeper then thanked link and handed him a bag of rupees."Gifts from your audience" the man said shaking his head and laughing. "Just keep Gwen safe." Beat nodded accepting his charge. He returned to his room, discarding his ruined tunic. He then grabbed his knife and tucked into his belt. "Navi, I'm leaving," he stated walking out the door. The fairy didn't respond for she was fast asleep.

Gwen led Beat to a place that was flashy and bright called the bombchu bowling alley. She told him it was fun so he tried. the first round was simple. The second was slightly challenging. The third took some time, but he won. The desk girl gave him a bag of bombchus as a prize. She then took him to a great big fountain in the center of town. He then decided to play his violin. He played a song that was cheery and bright, it brought those nearby towards him. They all clustered around him. Jostling each other trying to get a better view. When he finished there was a massive applause and several people handed him spare rupees. She then decided to make her move.

Beat was confused now. Gwen guided him down a deserted back alley. "Ummm, Gwen there's nothing down here." he said unsure of what was going on.
"Sure there is. There's a girl who can't control her hormones and needs to properly reward a hero. " she said walking her index and middle fingers up his bare chest. She pulled her head closer to his and leaned in for the kiss, but Beat stopped her. "Listen, Gwen. I appreciate what you're trying to do but my heart belongs to another. She..." he then remembered his dream about Nabooru. "She... Oh what the hell. Go for it." he said with a smile and then Gwen decided to do what she wanted. She ran her fingers through his sleek black and orange hair. He had to lean against a wall to support himself. He then looked down to see Gwen's bright hair as she reached down his pants... "That's pushing a little too far." he said grabbing her hand. Gwen sighed then reached up for his face to kiss him one last time. "Alright, let's go." she said. Her voice was soft. Similar to Malon's. Oh crap Malon! How could he forget his promise? He told Gwen he needed to check on his fairy so she guided him back to the inn.

Navi was awake now and talking to the innkeeper. They were talking about his daughter Gwen. He said she had a knack for being a man-eater, and that made Navi worry. She was just about to go look for them when they rushed in. The bar patrons looked at the kids, smirked, then returned to their drinks. Beat took Navi upstairs and explained what happened. Navi laughed at his innocence, and commended him for resisting temptation. He then asked if he could go back to the ranch so he could see Malon. Oh great, Link was this way after his seven year sleep.
"So can I go?" he begged on his knees.
"Hmmm, well maybe we could, No." she said this flatly. "But I could go find her and bring her here." she suggested.

"Fine." he sighed. I really wanted to visit the ranch again. "Should go see a tailor." he thought outloud. Navi wasn't there to talk to him now. He headed down to the bar to talk with the patrons. He started a conversation with an off duty guard.
"So how often does the princess leave the castle?" he asked with a tilt of his head.
"Never. Why do you ask?"
"I heard she's a seer, so I thought she could explain these dreams I was having." he answered casually.
"Of all seers why the princess?"
"Who would you trust, a sleezy con, or your beloved princess?"
"Haha good point." laughed the guard.
"If you'll excuse me a moment, I'm going to get something from my room." Beat excused himself as he got up.
"Actually I've got to look for someone staying here, maybe you've seen him. His name is Beat Grimsley."




End Notes:
I'm having fun just writing about Beats adventure.
Beat's Suffering Begins by Beat15
Author's Notes:
Beat is talking with his new friend Richard, who's a castle guard before things start turning foul. Beat is visited by an old friend and an old enemy. Will he be ok?
Malon was ecstatic. Beat had asked Navi to get her. It's a good thing she was already delivering milk to the castle. She was steering her newly broken horse, Grim's Charge. A horse broken by Beat. This horse was a real rebel. He didn't even respond to Epona's song. The only thing that calmed him was the one who he was named after. Why she chose him is easy. He was by far stronger then any of the horses Malon could ride, and it reminded her of Beat.
Navi flew right into Malon's hair. Malon stopped the cart, and extracted the fairy from her hair.
"Oh, Malon! Just the girl I was looking for!" exclaimed Navi. "Beat sent me to ask you to visit him in town."
"I'd love to, I just gotta deliver this milk to the castle first. "
And now we're just about caught up now. The two talked about a subject that brought up memories, Link.

Meanwhile Beat was listening to the off duty guard he had met earlier. He was rather intrigued as to how the princess knew where he was resting. He then clutched his side in agony, that tiny scratch he got in his fight, was getting infected.
"That doesn't look too good, I'll get you some red potion." suggested the guard.
"Richard, relax. Just keep telling me about this girl, Maribelle. She sounds like a perfect women for you. "
"If you say so. Maribelle, oh she is just a looker, with hair as warm as the sun, and eyes that sparkle like the stars! Oh, if I was lucky enough to even talk with her, I would feel like I was owner of the Triforce."
"Wow, that's the one for you, if she makes you feel that way go for it!" he said nudging Richard.
"Alright but I gotta take you to see the princess."
"Hey before you leave take this lugg with ya!" shouted the barkeeper nodding towards the drunken giant.
"He's the guy you fought?" Richard asked receiving a nod from Beat he whispered "He's a wanted criminal, there's a bounty of one hundred rupees for whoever catches him!"
Before Beat could respond Gwen ran over and grabbed him. "Beat I'm bored let's go explore town some more!" she pleaded dragging Beat towards the door. Just then Navi and Malon walked through the door.
"Hooray I'm saved!" Beat cheered wriggling out of Gwen's grip. He then ran behind Malon. "No offense Gwen but I prefer girls who are hard to get, like my friend Malon here." he said as he poked his head around her shoulder.

Malon was so happy. Beat was here saying he preferred her over whoever that girl was. She could feel his warm breath on her neck and it made her tingle all over. After a few more comparisons the girl stalked off grumbling about something. Beat then thanked her and kissed her cheek. That sent her head spinning and before she knew the world went black.

"Oh dear." Beat said looking up to Richard and Navi. Before Malon fell he ducked under her to catch her. " I'm sure one of you can help, preferably the guard who came to get me!" he ordered while holding his composure. Richard picked Malon up and carried her to Beat's room. "You two get aquainted downstairs, I'm gonna stay here. And Richard don't bug me about Zelda, I'm not leaving."

Richard was a little uncomfortable talking to the fairy. He was worried about doing what he came here for. "So, you the reason I came here for him?" nodding towards the room.
"Yeah, but I think he should get his act together. He knew he was going to be picked up by a guard."
"Well actually, I'm supposed to sneak him in somehow. Zelda couldn't leave and Impa is traveling now. So she sent me, one of the lowest ranked to find him. I walked in and suddenly ended up in a conversation with a shirtless boy. Then when I say who I'm looking for it turns out it's him. He then got me talking about girls."
"Oh, and then Gwen ran up trying to get him to go out with her, right?" she asked.
"Yeah. You ever heard the bar story about her?"
"Do I look like I spend time in the bars?" she stated looking him in the eyes.
"But Navi, you were waiting for Beat here when he was out with Gwen. And you did try Rubee Honey." said the barkeeper.
"You said that was a juice!" she shouted turning red, but it was hard to tell whether from anger or embarrassment.
" How did you afford it?!? It costs sixty rupees!" stammered Richard.
"Oh, me and Beat get free rooms and drinks thanks to the idiot beating that oaf." she said looking at the giant who was still recovering from his hangover.
"Well, you order yourself a drink, and I'll tell you of the story of 'Gwen of the Rusty Dagger'!"

Navi was amazed by the story. Gwen the daughter of the innkeeper Cyris, was a truly surprising person. She would follow anyone she thought was brave and strong. She was famous for always going too far, and Navi knew how far she went. Richard told of how she would stay in the bar to see fights and rush to the victor. But he noted how she usually accepted the rejection, but with Beat it was different. She seemed truly infatuated.

Beat wasn't as relaxed as his friends down stairs. He was conflicted. He was in love with Nabooru, right? Then how could he explain the way he was staying at Malon's side, for something as minor as fainting? He heard her breathing and it relaxed him. He reached towards his violin, but quickly withdrew in pain. The cut was infected, and it was likely caused by Gwen pulling him against his will through the town. He winced, as he rubbed the sore wound. He then heard Malon stir to consciousness.

Malon slowly came too. Her head was fuzzy, was it all a dream? She looked up and saw Beat leaning over her. He brushed a stray hair from her face and smiled.
"You ok?" he asked.
"I'm fine. What happened?"
"You kinda fainted after I kissed you. Please forgive me." he said hanging his head down.
"I'll forgive you, just because your so cute." she said smiling. "On one condition."
"What's the condition?" he asked with a suspicious look.
"Kiss me one more time." she said closing her eyes.
She leaned over to him, and he leaned in too so their lips met in seconds, but the kiss lasted for what seemed like years. She ran her hand through his hair and he suddenly stopped, doubling over in pain. She looked where she had her hands one in his hair, the other on his side she pulled it back to see an infected cut.
"Sorry." he gasped out before falling over onto the floor.

Navi and Richard heard the fall. They both rushed upstairs to find Beat lying on the floor with Malon cradling his head. Navi was scared. Richard seemed to remain calm, he walked downstairs and asked Cyris for red potion. Upon hearing who it was for he ran to the back and got a bottle and a clean rag. They went upstairs to find Gwen shouting at Malon. Malon was crying and apologizing profusuly. Navi was trying to get some order going on. Richard seemed like he knew what to do. He took a deep breath and then shouted "SHUTTUP! Beat needs help and you two arguing ain't helpin any!" Malon then apologized again, while Gwen stuck out her tongue. Richard shook some potion into the cloth and put it onto the cut.
"Cyris, can you get some bandages? Malon, I'm going to lift him onto the bed, so I'll need you to move. And for the love of Din, Gwen stop blaming Malon. It's because of your little tour that it was infected!" Richard had taken over. He lifted Beat over to the the bed. Gwen stalked out of the room as her father entered with a roll of bandages.

While his friends took care of him, Beat had a new dream. He was standing in a white void. It seemed to be empty, but he felt darkness close by. He turned to find the previous king of the Gerudo, Ganondorf.
"You're pathetic. You can handle cuts but pass out from infections? My goddesses you're weak! Just be grateful that I'm giving you the honor of seeing my greatness first hand."
"So you found a way to get into my head, you ass. You just couldn't stand having another male to compete with, could you? I just wanted to make music, yet I was gonna be killed because of you!" Beat didn't even try to hold his temper now.
"You have guts, I'll give you that. But you are not ready to be king. You can't even feel your people dying."
"The rebels are killing those who are loyal to me."
"So you knew but didn't help them? You seem to be following my footsteps."
"Don't even try to compare me to your damned self! I'm nothing like you!"
"Oh but you're so wrong. You're about to inherit something very powerful. You see I'm going to take over your body, and nothing can stop me. Especially not you."
Beat gritted his teeth, a burning sensation started in his side.
Suddenly a light flashed and Ganondorf was gone, replaced by Nabooru.
"Don't worry about that asshole. Just do what you need to. I have evacuated as many who are loyal to you as I could. We're at the spirit temple. Just gather some strength and help us. Even though you ran, I know you're our king. I'm sorry for what I said before, I was wrong. You are strong, silently dealing with troubles, putting on a happy face to deceive those close to you. Just know you can trust people besides me. And stop telling yourself you love me. I know you don't. You love me as a sister. Just try to decide who it is you love before breaking too many hearts." After saying that Nabooru dispersed into mist.

End Notes:
Don't worry Beat is not going to choose who he wants to be with yet, it's too soon!
Forming the Plan by Beat15
Author's Notes:
Beat awakens to find his friends waiting for him to recover. When he wakes up they concoct a plan to get Beat to Zelda!
Beat slowly drifted back into reality. He could see Richard, Navi, and Gwen. Where was Malon? Beat shifted trying to find her, and looking up he found her. Malon was cradling his head in her lap. She looked down to meet his golden eyed gaze.
"Beat!" she exclaimed pulling him eye level. She was about to kiss him but she quickly withdrew, remembering others were in the room.
"Welcome back Mr. Grimsley." Gwen laughed. She then glared at Malon.
"Alright you've assured Beat's okay, now leave Gwen!" shouted Navi.
Gwen then stalked off mumbling about stupid fairies. This made Richard laugh.
"Finally, now we can get down to business. And both problems were resolved at the same time, how convenient!" giggled Navi.
"Barricade the door please." requested Beat reaching for his violin.
Richard got up and propped a chair against the door, nodded and sat back down in front of the window. Navi was sitting behind him on the windowsill. Malon let Beat sit up next to her on the bed. Beat stretched to awaken more.
"Oh my aching head!" he said clutching his head.
"Thats easily fixed."Richard said tossing Beat a bottle of red liquid. "Take a swig."
Beat did so and gagged. Navi and Malon laughed at this. Richard smiled too.
"Well, I'd like to never drink that again." gasped Beat, restraining his lunch from escaping his mouth. He looked and saw a small dish full of wooden splinters. "Shit." he muttered to himself.

Richard called Beat over to him. He then explained what happened while he was out cold. Beat then explained the whole day out with Gwen. They agreed not to tell Navi, Gwen, or Malon. They had concluded Gwen was the cause, when she dragged him through town he had to lean against a rotting wooden board when Gwen had made her move.
"Alright quit whispering! You two are bigger gossips then the gossip stones!" shouted Navi.
Beat turned to her and stuck his tongue out. This made Malon giggle.
"So what are we going to do to get Beat into the castle?" asked Richard.

Many ideas were made then disproved. Hiding him in the milk cart? They may search the cart. Act as a minstrel to perform for Zelda? He'll be taken to the main chamber to perform. Use the way Link got in? Who the hell is Link and how did he get in?!?

"I think I have one. I could claim to be bringing in that giant and claim my reward from the king. Then before I get the reward collapse in front of the king! I'll be taken to the infirmary, then Zelda can act as though she's taking a walk and go in. Then Richard stands guard outside the door. I'll talk to her then after she gets the doctors out of the room. After done talking I'll leave the castle." suggested Beat.
"That might work!" Richard agreed nodding in approvement.
"I'll go tell the Princess!" Navi said flying out the window.
"I'll carry both of you and 'The Giant' in the cart." stated Malon. She then got up to prep her cart.

Navi flew over the walls and went into the small garden that Zelda spent most of her time in. Great she's here, Navi thought to herself. She flew to Zelda and informed her of the plan.
"That's an impressive plan. Oh, I should tell you, the sages are worried."
"About Beat?" Navi asked turning green.
"About many things. Yes he's one of the worries, but not the main one. Rauru is dying, Nabooru is dealing with a rebellion caused by Beat's absence, and the seal is weakening on Ganondorf's prison!"
"So, which do we solve first?"
"I suggest we wait until Mr. Grimsley shows up." Zelda said heading indoors. "You may come inside with me." she in invited.
"Thank you Princess."

Beat stood before the horse, stroking it's black mane. Grim's Charge, huh it's got a nice ring to it. He was rather embarrassed that he thought it was ok to name it after himself. He looked to Malon who was moving crates to make room for "The Giant". What was his name again? The Great Damien Demon? Nah, "The Giant" is a better name. "Would you like me to help move those crates? I would hate to see your delicate hands get strained." Beat offered.
"No, just keep the horse calm." Malon replied.
Richard came out leading "The Giant" outside. Apparently the barkeeper let him drink more because he was staggering around. Richard's eyes said "Just roll with it!" and Beat and Malon nodded. It's time to move.

They rode the cart through the town. Malon up front with Beat holding the reigns next to her. Richard in the back making sure their prisoner didn't try anything. Grim's Charge pulled strongly, not even straining itself, much like it's master, Malon thought to herself. She then thought of Epona, she missed her friend. And now Link and Epona didn't even need to be searching.

They reached the gate quickly. The guard let them through, and they continued on their way. They then had to separate Malon taking the cart to the kitchens entrance, the boys taking their prisoner towards the main entrance.
"Good luck." Malon said as they parted ways.

Beat and Richard continued on. Richard in his normal garb, Beat in his pants, with clean bandages around his chest. The knife was tucked in his belt, next to his bag of bombchus. He held his violin case under his arm. Richard guided him and their ticket inside to the entrance.
"Well Richard, It's showtime!" laughed Beat nervously.
End Notes:
I need suggestions for a Goron character. Anything will do as long as it's not Darunia, his son, or the Biggoron brothers.
A Plan in Motion by Beat15
Author's Notes:
The plan is in motion. Beat and Richard are in the castle, but how far will they go?
Richard led Beat to main hall of the castle, securing their prisoner by his shirts collar. They passed several guards that Richard waved off. They came to a big oaken door with two guards on either side.
"Halt!" shouted the guard on the left. "No one is permitted inside without royal invitation!"
"This boy has apprehended a man on the king's wanted list, and the king stated that any who apprehend has his consent to enter the castle with a guard to receive his reward." Richard calmly replied. "The Great Damien Demon, arrested by the hands of this young man. He is here to claim his prize of one hundred rupees. Let us pass Isaac."
"Isaac, come on let them through." requested the guard on the right.
"Henry, this man is not an on-duty guard. He has no right to be in the king's presence." Isaac coldly countered.
"Then could you take me to see the king?" Beat asked looking anxious.
"No. I'm here to make sure that filth like you two don't disturb the king!" shouted Isaac.
"Filth? You dare call my brother filth? Isaac, know who you are speaking to!" interrupted a clear baritone voice.
"Leo!" laughed Richard running towards the voice. "Big Brother!"
"S..sir... Le..leona... Leonardo?" stammered Isaac.
"Hello Richard." laughed the new arrival hugging Richard. "So, you were guiding this young man to claim his reward? Come let me join you." he stated opening the large door.

Beat was amazed at the size of this room. He looked up and could hardly make out the ceiling. He tugged the giants shirt forward following Richard and his brother. When they reached the steps leading to the throne Beat kneeled with his two escorts. This made Beat laugh inside his head, so people will do this when I become king? I think I'll just have them shake my hand or something simple like that.
His thoughts were interrupted by Richard's brother stating "Your Majesty. Second Knight Leonardo Mellow, reporting in company of an off-duty guard who took his time off to serve even more."
"Sir Leonardo, please! I'm just doing my duty as a guard." shrugged Richard.
"Richard, you work too hard. You must learn to relax!" laughed the king realizing who the guard was.
"Father, it appears they have caught someone on your wanted list." pointed a young girl sitting in a smaller throne next to the king's.
"My goddesses! Is that the Damien Demon? Richard did you catch him?" gasped the King.
"No sir, King Hyrule. It was my young companion, Beat Grimsley." replied Richard.
Kneeling once more Beat stated "Your Majesty. I am but a simple young man. I was just trying to get to my room at an inn, and this fellow attacked me. I was simply defending myself. I sustained a small cut, to which this kind guard treated quickly. If anyone deserves credit it is he."
This made the king laugh. "Young Mr. Grimsley, you are a polite young man. I believe you deserve the bounty that was on his head. Come forward so I may reward your strength.

"A quick glance at Richard. A nod. Zelda? A nod also, good." Beat thought as he raised up to walk towards the king. He took three small steps before letting out a gasp of pain and collapsing.
"Dear Nayru!" shouted Zelda. "What's happened?"
"Richard, Leo please take this boy to the infirmary." ordered King Hyrule.

Leo and Richard carried Beat to the infirmary quickly. They laid him in the nearest bed, and then Richard began Step Two.
"Leo you go get something to eat. I'm gonna see if I can find out what happened." Richard said pulling on a pair of gloves.
"Ah, my brother. You're such a level headed man. You've been calm ever since you were young. Fine take care of this boy. I'd like to find out how he took down that guy."

Beat heard the door shut. He then felt a pair of hands grasping his shoulders. Richard then shook Beat lightly.
"Mmm? Not right now Richard. I'm trying to collapse." yawned Beat.
"Real funny. C'mon!" Richard said glaring at his friend.

Before Beat could reply two soft knocks fell upon the door. Zelda peeked her head around the door. Seeing no one except the two friends, she entered followed by Navi.
"Your highness." said Beat bowing his head. "Thank you for giving me the chance to make your aquantence."
"The pleasure is mine." smiled Zelda. "Now, where should we start?"
"How about the part where I'm reliving Ganondorf's memories?" suggested Beat.
"That one is simple enough. The seal imprisoning Ganon is weakening due to one of our sages falling ill. Due to the weakened seal, he has started to try to take control of your body." Zelda replied.
"Oh. Is there a way to help this sage recover?" Richard asked looking concerned.
"Rauru is elderly. He is most likely trying to hold on till the new light sage is awakens." Navi answered.
"What do you intend to do for Nabooru?" Zelda asked.
"She told me to gather strength, so I'll most likely get some help." Beat replied.
"Well, you have me here to help." Richard said clapping Beat's back heartily.
"I'll help two!" chimed in Navi.
"Wait, I know what you can do!" interrupted Zelda. "The Sage's Army!"
"The Who's Army?" asked Beat.
"The Sage's Army. Every sage is assigned a Sage Warrior who is destined to protect them. Being the Sage of Time, my Warrior is the Hero of Time, and the Sage's weapon bestowed upon him is the Master Sword. You can gather the Sage's Army to assist you." Zelda explained.
"Ok. But how do I tell who they are?" Beat questioned further.
"Well, the warriors stand out from the rest of their kind. An outcast if you wanted to sum it up. You just need to find one from each race to defend their sage. If you want a tip then I advise heading for Kokiri Forest for the Forest Warrior."
"Alright. I'll report back after..."
"No. I'll check in on you. You need to hurry. But first talk to Sir Leonardo. He'll train you some." Zelda ordered.
"Yes, ma'am!" Beat said saluting.

This made Zelda giggle. She watched as he was led towards Leonardo's usual resting place by Richard. She had to admit, he was kinda cute. But she knew that she had feelings for Link, but she didn't know if he felt the same. Navi then flew off after them. "Oh dear," she thought to herself. "I feel like this Hero will have to suffer just like when Link had to miss seven years of his life. But how? What will cause him this suffering?"

Only one knew the cause of Beat's suffering. He stood tall wearing a black hood. He clutched his fists and laughed as he watched it all unfold. "Soon. Soon I will have my revenge!"
End Notes:
Who was that man plotting revenge against? Who is the forest Sage's warrior? Find out soon.
The Petfect Plan by Beat15
Author's Notes:
The last chapter in the Fairy returns. Here we meet Maribelle and show how the king of Hyrule spends his freetime.
As Richard led Beat down to Leonardo's private training grounds, Beat began to play his violin. It calmed both of their nerves, which probably helped them in the situation they were about to enter.
~Clang!~
"Ohhh, noooo! Oh dear Farore! I'm so sorry!" apologized a sweet voice.
Beat looked to see a blonde girl that was wiping cream off of Richard's face. He then saw the tray on the ground that was turned upside down from there collision.
"Oh Richard, I'm so sorry! Please let me make it up to you!"
"Maribelle, relax. It was an accident. No harm done. Come on I'll help you out. Beat, just keep heading down these steps until you find an ash-wood door. Knock twice, then say I sent you!" Richard was shouting at the end because he was leading Maribelle back to wherever she got that tray.

Beat followed the steps until he came to the door. He knocked twice, said Richard sent him, and was allowed in. Inside he found Sir Leonardo's personal training area. Leo greeted him with a warm smile and told him to take a seat.
"I see you've recovered. You heal fast."
"Well, your brother Richard is amazingly clever. He found out I had been suffering from dehydration, and had poured water down my throat. Then he told me I was to show you how I beat that Damien Demon bloke." explained Beat.
"Ah, Richard never disappoints. Alright, first tell me what led up to the fight."
"Well Sir Leo..."
"Juat call me Leo." interrupted the knight.
"Ok. Well 'Leo' I had just entered the castle town for the first time and decided to rest for the night. I chose a fun looking inn called the Rusty Dagger. There I paid for a room, got my key and headed for the stairs." Beat started.
"Wait, Cyris Sundry's 'Rusty Dagger'?"
"Yes indeed."

After finishing his story Leo nodded. "I see. You used a nerve twist."
"No, more like a nerve squeeze." corrected Beat.
"Aha! That makes more sense!" agreed Leo.
"Hey Leo."
"Yeah?"
"Can you teach me how to use a rapier? I know how to use daggers, knives and that breed of blades. I even know how to use scimitars. But the rapier always intrigued me."
"Sure. But between you and me, Richard is better at using a rapier than me. I'll teach ya the basics, then if you impress me I'll give you a great weapon. Deal?" he asked offering his hand.
"Deal!" Beat answered vigorously shaking Leo's hand.

As Beat and Leo began training, Richard was assisting Maribelle. He knew she was a maid, but he had feelings for her since he first met her. When they had met they were young children, who had been chasing a small dog. They both had ran into each other trying to pet it. When they got back up they introduced themselves and began to run around the fountain in the castle town until the sun set. Then Leo had carried Richard home as he explained all he did with her. Leo laughed at him that day, but now they were close friends. They just needed a small push to teach the next level. Richard helped carry the tray up to the king's quarters. There Richard was heartily welcomed by the king.
"Richard my boy! Why do you insist on working on the day I granted you off?" asked the king.
"I'm just helping my fellow people, My Lord." replied Richard.
"Maribelle, go take a well deserved break. I'd like to speak to Richard."
"Yes M'lord!" she curtsied then exited.
"Now, tell me how you feel about Maribelle!" ordered the king mischievously.
"King Hyrule?!?" groaned Richard blushing deeply.

Beat was having a great time. He had already surpassed Leo in fencing. So now he was playing with his new toy, the hookshot!
"Beat, be careful with that!" shouted Leo as he leaned back to avoid the retractable claw. "Come on, let's go see King Hyrule about your bounty."
"Oh yeah, I almost forgot." chuckled Beat.
Leo led Beat to the king's bedroom. They both heard uproarious laughter and unidentifiable shouts of dismay. They rushed in expecting the worst but then stopped and looked at the strange scene. The usually calm Richard was flustered red and babbling about Maribelle. Whereas the king was laughing at Richard's statements.
"Sir may I ask what happened?" Leo asked kneeling before his laughing king.
"Oh, Leo your brother is a card." laughed the king wiping away a tear. "I asked him how he felt about Maribelle and watched him squirm. It was hilarious."
"Beat it was awful!" wailed Richard.
"Sir, I think that's a little cruel." Leo stated looking his superior in the eye.
"Oh, I suppose your right Leo. Well Richard I apologize for my behavior." said the king glumly. Leo then whispered in the king's ear which got the king back into a serious state. "Mr. Grimsley, I believe I owe you something." stated the king.
"Your highness, if it's any easier, I'd prefer to request the aid of one your brave guards instead." Beat replied shaking his head.
"Who do you want to help you?" asked the king.
"I'd prefer the assistance of Richard here." stated Beat lightly.
"Very well. Feel free to borrow him for as long as you like. Oh, maybe you'd like one of my servants to come also? Perhaps Maribelle?" the king playfully suggested.
"Thank you my lord but I think I just need Richard." Beat answered.

Malon was worried. She had delivered the milk, and talked to her maid friend Maribelle. After driving her cart away from the castle some Navi flew up to her.
"The plan worked perfectly!" she exclaimed.
Malon felt her breathing return to normal after that. She awaited her friends return outside the gates. After half an hour of waiting she decided to drink one of the extra bottles of milk she usually brought for children she ran into. After taking a small sip, she relaxed more. When she was half way finished with the drink she saw Beat and Richard coming out the gate followed by a..a...a knight?

Sure enough, Leo had walked with the two friends to bid them farewell. He presented Beat with a guards rapier, while Richard had put on his guards uniform, minus the helmet. In his belt Richard also held a rapier. Beat was also given a bigger wallet, and a sheath for his knife. Beat still wore nothing over his chest except the bandages. However now he was putting the rapier's scabbard on a belt going across his back. He felt more prepared now.

When the guys reached the cart Malon couldn't take her eyes off of Richard's guard uniform. She had to restrain herself from laughing at his ridiculous getup.
"Well?" she asked looking at Beat.
"I'm going to have to look for this Sage's Army to save my race from civil war. So I may not be visiting for a while." he said glumly.
"Relax," she said handing both of them a bottle of milk,"for now we celebrate a successful plan!"
"I'll drink to that!" Richard declared as the cart began to move.
"Heres to a successful plan!" Navi shouted.
"Cheers!" they all laughed.

Thus concludes, Navi the Fairy's return to Hyrule.

End Notes:
Fear not the next story will come soon.
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=2697