The Shadows Beneath her Skin by Tory Jessica
Summary: Link growing up in Castle Hyrule, loses his memory of ever traveling through time and why he was even named the Hero of Time. Instead his time growing up is spent with discovering new family, falling in love with a princess, and becoming a Hyrule Captain. When everything seems at peace a new enemy emerges and Link will one day be forced to face those horrific memories that were stolen from him.
Categories: Fan Fiction Characters: Link (OoT & MM)
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 34855 Read: 191072 Published: Jul 30, 2005 Updated: Oct 26, 2008

1. Chapter One Finally Home by Tory Jessica

2. Chapter Two Saving the Princess Once Again by Tory Jessica

3. Zelda's Tears by Tory Jessica

4. Destiny by Tory Jessica

5. Knighting by Tory Jessica

6. Chapter 6: Link at 15 by Tory Jessica

7. The New Council by Tory Jessica

8. Where are my memories? by Tory Jessica

9. The Assembling of the Sages by Tory Jessica

10. The High Council by Tory Jessica

11. Chapter 11 Ramla's Vision by Tory Jessica

12. A Man In Gerudo Clothes by Tory Jessica

Chapter One Finally Home by Tory Jessica
The Shadows Beneath Her Skin
By Tory Jessica

AN: Welcome one and all to my Zelda fanfiction. This started when I was 12, and ended up on here when I was 15. I am now 18 and very soon turning 19. If you see a large flux in the way it is written, well I am very sorry. The stories core has not changed, though I believe a few specific details I wanted to add in might have. Hope you like it, and please forgive my earlier chapters, they're not that great. In fact now that I reread over this I think the real story begins at Chapter 11, but for those of you who like meaty backgrounds then go ahead, there are some important people you learn about in the earlier chapters.

Prologue
In a far away part of the universe through the dimensions of time and space and imagination there is a world called Hyrule. In this land of Hyrule lived many different beings. Our most famous are The Hero of Time and Princess Zelda. Along with an evil enemy, Ganondorf. With the power of the sages and the Hero of Time this evil was locked away forever and peace went raining with its blessings on everyone. How ever with every defeat there is a vengeance. Lurking from the shadows a new surprising type of enemy is emerging.

Chapter One
Finally Home

There was soft gentle music in the forest of The Lost Woods. Gentle as it seemed sad it was still. A boy with blonde hair attiring in green stood outside a dimensional doorway from which he returned. It seemed as no time had passed when he returned from Termina during this one beautiful morning. Except maybe a few days.
"Heh maybe it was three?" he joked with himself. He put the blue instrument he played on away in his pocket. Even after his first adventure he knew he had the maturity of an adult, but now since he traveled time again and again his body unchanged still, he felt older even more. Not physically old and not old man old, but more mature then he was before. In his soul he felt like his twenties instead of a late teenager like he was before. An old soul is what someone would call him. He was wiser and he understood the meanings of love, trust, honor, and things like true cruelty and hate and true evil. Unlike he would if he were normally a ten-year-old boy in his mind as well with his current state of body.
Most people would agree that my state of mind and all the things I think about are probably too much for a ten-year-old boy. I really don't mind being this wise at my current age. It would be something to show off to my friends. Link paused at his thoughts and laughed at himself.
"Seems like I still am a kid," he said smiling contently with himself. He looked over at his sleeping horse. Well not his horse, but Malon's. He saddened as he thought about having to return her.

"Don't worry fairy boy, you can borrow Epona forever if you like," Malon said cheerfully as she handed the horse to him.

He knew she only said that because of her age and he would have to return Epona to her sometime.
Epona opened her eyes and looked at him trying to comfort him. Her heart unlike all other animals was the same as humans. She too had gone through time as Link restarted the three days over and over again. Her heart and soul understood the meaning of having a wise but young body. It was hard. Your physical mind didn't want to think like an adult, but your heart did. Double thoughts would work into a mind and you even think your a little crazy. Of course being a horse she couldn't necessarily tell this to Link, but with her soft, dark gaze she knew that he understood her.

"Thank you Epona," he said to her. She stood up and nuzzled her nose under his chin. He chuckled as she breathed. Her breath tickled his neck.
Link sighed.
"All right Epona, it's time to go home," he said mounting her back. She nodded as she began to trot. Unlike last time there were no fairies to confuse her route. With her animal instinct she knew exactly how to get out of the forest and into Hyrule field. As they drew closer she became excited and began to walk faster.
"We must be close, you seem excited Epona," Link said to his horse. Epona whinnied a yes and Link urged to go faster to humor them both. Faster and faster they rode on until out of nowhere the bright light, the sun blinded Link's eyes. Epona slowed down and backed on her hind legs gleefully and leaned back forward.
Once Link's vision returned he saw that she had led them right into Hyrule field. Not out of the Kokiri forest exit but on more farther from the castle. Close to Lake Hylia but far enough to make it a good walk. Link smiled and patted his friend on her neck.
"Good girl Epona, right back into Hyrule where I belong," he said happily.

Link sighed in deep relief. He was finally home.

...Finally home....
...Home...

"Well, I'm home but I have absolutely no idea as of what to do," he said in a confusing tone. As if answering him Epona trotted toward Lon Lon Ranch. Apparently she wanted to see Malon more then Link was willing to give her up. He smiled sadly.
"All right girl, I guess I really do have to take you home," he said to her. Once they reached Lon Lon Ranch Malon was so surprised to see him.
"Wow fairy boy, first you have no fairy and want to go look for her. I can't believe you were only gone three days," Malon said to him as he handed her the horse.
Link laughed as she said this and Malon looked at him confused.
"I don't think it's funny at all. I thought she was your friend!" Malon said getting upset. Link nodded.
"She is my friend Malon, but I think we're better off separated... I'm not really destined to be fairy boy forever, you know?" He said to her.
"Was does being destined have to do anything with looking for your friend?"
He laughed again," Don't worry about it Malon. I mean think about it? Wouldn't it be annoying if all you heard was HEY and LOOK OUT for the most obvious things... Like climbing a wall of vines for instance." He said this thinking about how Tatl never bugged him too much and only dinged like a music instrument when she needed to tell him something. So in the end he did miss his friend Navi, but not enough to search for her anymore. He was just glad that he was home now.
"Ooohhh, ok then," she said still not getting why he was only gone for a short time.
"I said you could take Epona forever though fairy boy?" she asked after taking her to the barn to get her fed and cleaned.
"Aren't you glad I brought her back though?" He asked her knowing what her answer would be.
"Yes! I am very glad. Epona is like one of my only friends," she said. She gasped as if she just remembered something.
"Speaking of friends fairy boy, I forgot to introduce you to my new friend Galek!" she said running out of the barn, dragging Link with her. She dragged him all the way to the center of the ranch. Where a boy rode on a creamy white horse with dark gray hair on its neck and tail. He was leading a slightly bigger horse. Link could tell that these horses were young still but the bigger of the two horses didn't seem older but younger. It must have been a special kind of horse.
"Prince Galek! Oh prince," cried out Malon still dragging the helpless Link.
Din, she's strong for a girl, Link thought. The boy hopped off the horse.
"Malon you don't have to call me a Prince, we're friends now," said the boy. Link looked at the boy's attire and was quite impressed. He wore a cap with a round gem on it holding a feather. His outfit included sleeveless armor, with a Triforce symbol on it. Sprouting from the Triforce was a special metal to hold the pieces of armor strong yet loose enough to be flexible. Clearly though you could tell that the armor wasn't made for protection. Under the armor was a very thick shirt with sleeves almost past his hands. His pants were simple, just a belt with the force symbol on it. However his belt was slightly covered by the thick undershirt the boy wore. It was obvious the shirt was too big for him. This is when Link started to realize that the boy was very small. Not like young small but just short and scrawny. He was pale and had red hair green eyes and freckles. His clothes looked too warm to be wearing out in Hyrule especially for training horses.
The boy bowed in front of Link and held out his hand.
"Nice to meet you sir," the boy said in a very high upper-class tone," I am Prince Galek of the Bluraria Kingdom.
"Bluraria Kingdom," Link asked forgetting his manners. Galek realized he didn't need to act formal for Link. He coughed and put down his hand.
With his real voice he spoke," E Yep, Bluraria mate. It's not a very dominant kingdom you see. We're more worried about politics and world trade then war and kingdom marriages. So that's probably why you never heard of our little country."
Link became curious.
"Really? You don't do kingdom marriages?" he asked all of a sudden thinking about Zelda.
Galek shook his head, then thought.
"Well that's not entirely true you see, unlike other kingdoms the choice of who we want to marry is up to the prince or princess, with some limits," he said as-a-matter-of-factly.
"Limits? What limits?" Link asked more. Galek smiled seeming to enjoy telling how Bluraria's politics worked.
"Well we can't marry family obviously," all three of the children shuddered," and if we are to marry someone outside of the kingdom for kingdom politics we rather find a suitor who will help trade and economics. People think that marrying a prince and princess would do this but nope. I think it's not right. I say get married to the daughter or son of the people you'll be doing the most trading with. Like example when I turn 13 and my option of choosing a wife came, note I said option, I could wait until I was 16 then 18 but by 21 I'm forced to choose, and if it was for an economic reason I'd be more likely to marry Malon here then Princess Zelda you see."

Malon made a little whine of glee when she heard this, what Link didn't know that this was her second time hearing it. Galek smiled obviously having the same happiness. Link's heart was warmed. It was so adorable to see young love. Even though he was there age he understood far better then they did at the moment.

"This in the future when a new management has to be taken over for Lon Lon Ranch since I am married to Malon and Malon would be come manager I would also have management rights. This makes trading between Hyrule and Bluraria much easier and much cheaper for both Kingdoms thus creating economic harmony between both kingdoms. Our resources are very good in minerals and wonderful water. Our water actually improves growth on animals. For humans though it increases magic power." He looked at himself a little uneasy.
"That's why our people aren't very um...big," he said quieter.
"We need to trade with other countries for food and milk to keep ourselves nutritional."

Link looked puzzled.

"Why don't you have cows and crops?" he asked. Galek smiled but Malon answered for him.

"Well you see Galek lives a snowy country. So life for animals and plants it’s too hard. However they have great mining things they can trade like minerals and ores and even jewels!" she said thinking in the back of her head what it would be like to be princess where there were jewels.
"What about your defenses? With all those precious ores surely you have to have enemies who want them," Link asked.

Galek smiled a little slyly.
"Remember what I said about our magnificent water? Well it's more precious then our jewels because of its magical properties. The water flows from the snowy mountain where the jewels lay in the base and in the canyons. So we think its source of magic is the jewels," Galek stopped himself realizing that what he wanted to do left his mind as he rambled again. He raised his arm at the sky finishing what he wanted to begin.
"I'll show an example of drinking just one bottle of this water can do to a persons mind," he said. His hand glowed blue and a cold wind blew. Suddenly a gentle beam of light sprouted six feet in the air and snow fluttered down. He put his hand down when the area surrounding the three of them was an inch of snow. Link and Malon shivered.
"Oh Nayru, you have no idea how good that feels with it being so hot here," he said relaxing.

"Well Link so glad you came back early," said a voice from behind the children. Link turned around to see Talon with a man that looked similar to Galek but his hair was long and his bangs were different and his attire were long white robes.
"Father, Mr. Talon, I was having a wonderful conversation with this boy about Bluraria politics and such," said Galek.
"Well it's very nice to see someone so interested in our ways," said the man in the robes. His voice was cool and calm and caring.
Link looked up at the two men. The unnamed man put out his hand. Link shook it.
"My name is Draco," he said politely.
"And I'm Link, nice to meet you," Link replied. Draco nodded.
"So if your Galek's father does that make you King of Bluraria?" The name of the kingdom was starting to sound funny as it rolled off Link's tongue when he spoke. Draco nodded.
"Yes I am, but I don't expect any etiquette or anything," Draco replied," We're not very worried about things like that. Anyways, it's probably dark where I live right now so we should be going." He said motioning Galek. Galek hopped off the horse he was on and walked away with his father.
"Nice meeting Link!" Galek shouted.
"Same to you," Link replied.
"I hope you like your new horses," Galek said smiling knowing Link had no idea.
"What," Link said to himself. Talon laughed.
"Yep these two horses are now yours," Talon said.
"Why," Link said still confused.
"Well for one we don't have room for them and two when I found out that it was you, Malon's little "Fairy Boy" friend, the same person who woke me up and beat me at my own cucco game I figured I'd give them to you."
"Wow thanks!" Link was very excited to get two new horses. What about Epona he wondered. He realized that Epona was Malon's horse. One of her only friends probably before he and Galek came along.
"Mr. Talon you barely know me though," Link went on still confused at this random act of kindness.
Talon shrugged," I guess thats just me though." Talon knew that he was going to have to give Link the real answer. For some reason he seemed a lot more mature then he appeared.
"Malon darlin' go and wash up and collect some cucco eggs for supper. Tell Ingo to get a beef slab ready so I can cook it," Talon said to his daughter.
"Ok Daddy... Is um...Link staying for dinner," Malon asked. Link's mouth began to water.
"I already planned on it," Talon replied. As Malon charged off you could hear her shout in joy. Talon looked at Link.
"I'm giving you those horses because I owe it to you," he said looking at Link's still confused eyes.
"Let me explain," Talon said taking a deep breathe readying to explain something painful," A year before she met you, Malon's mother, my wife, died. She died of a disease that has no cure right now. Malon had always been very understanding, but she was still sad. I was afraid she was always going to be sad. Then she met you and she was finally happy about someone. You know happy to have a ...human friend."
Link finally understood. When Malon met him she smiled again when Talon saw it he was so happy for his daughter. Link nodded understandingly.
"You know Link; you're very bright for someone your age. It looks like there is great potential in you," he said. Link smiled.
"Thank you sir," Link replied," So uh what about that food?"
Talon laughed and walked with Link to his house. The food Talon cooked was heavenly! Even Ingo was happy eating the tender meat and potatoes Talon had cooked. Link has wolfing down his plate and grabbed seconds. Slowly but surely Link's 10 yr old habits began sinking back in. It didn't bother him either, he was still wise but he was able to act his age.
"Well I'm glad your here, I won't have to put away the leftovers," said Ingo towards Link. Link smiled glad to help in such a manner.
"So fairy boy did you like Galek," Malon sighed dreamily," I think he's so handsome."
"Well that's good I think he's going to be coming over more often," Talon said.
"Yaaaay," Malon shouted.
Link gulped down his mouthful and drank his milk.
"I think Galek likes you Malon," Link said teasing her.
"Oh do you really think so? Does that mean if I marry him I'll be princess or a Queen even?" Malon began on how wonderful it would be if Galek came in and swooped her off her feet and took her to his castle and profess his love to her.
"Now you've got her started," Talon laughed.
"Oh I really do like him! He's so nice to the animals, and he's magical! Oh it's so wonderful!" she went on about all the 'wonderful' things she thought of Galek.
After a few hours of talking and playing games with dish soap as dishes were washed (Link insisted that he helped and began to help Malon clean up even after Talon said he didn't have to) all three of them sat around the table in the upstairs room.
"Heh, I don't have to do dishes either," Ingo said pleased beginning to like the boy more and more. They played all sorts of card games and played "Guess What's In My Hat" a game Link and Malon made up using Link's green cap. It soon became really late and Link hadn't had sleep for a while.
Link's eyes began to droop.
"I'm tired, I should be getting home," he said as he began to zone out and drift off. He woke back up.
"Oh I'm sorry," Link said again.
"No worries boy, you don't have to go. You wouldn't be able to if you wanted to, look at yourself," Talon said laughing.
Link smiled and stood up trying to stay awake.
"Where do I sleep?" Link asked. Talon looked at the ground around his feet sadly.
"I'm sorry we don't have much for sleeping areas, me I prefer to sleep in the hay downstairs. It's comfy," Talon said in a quiet way," Malon and Ingo take turns sleeping on the one bed we have." Link nodded.
"So I guess I'll sleep in the hay then?" Link asked or more so stated. Talon nodded. Malon looked at Ingo.
"Ingo you can sleep on the bed tonight, it's your turn anyways," Malon said to Ingo.
"Then I guess I'll sleep downstairs too," Talon said.
"And I get to have this room ALONE," Ingo said surprised. This was the last straw for Ingo, he couldn't believe it!
"Hey kid you're welcome here anytime," Ingo patted the already tired Link on the back. With that Link fell over.
"Oh Faore! I'm so sorry kid," Ingo pulled Link up feeling bad. Link shook his head, indicating no harm done. Malon helped Link downstairs and set up the hay nice for him.
"You're sleeping with me?" Link asked.
Malon shrugged," Only if you want me to."
Link looked at her surprised.
"What?" she asked. Link sighed. It wasn't what he thought. She was to young to understand the meaning of a girl and boy sleeping together.
"You don't have to."
Malon shrugged and walked over to her father and lay beside him.
"Night Link," Talon and Malon said simultaneously. Link nodded and lay his head down. Sweet wonderful darkness of sleep took over his body.

Link was walking around the ranch gate. The sky was blue but had pink dots in the sky. For some reason this was normal. He jumped, almost floating, over the gate and into the center of the horse ranch. He heard footsteps and ruffling sounds coming from in front him but he didn't see anything.

Link opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was a sleeping Malon right next to him. He didn't move even though he was shocked. He looked up into the ceiling through the window. It was still dark out.
What is she doing right beside me? Link thought. He shook his head. He began to grow a headache. Sleep is what he needed. He laid his head back. Sleep came back easily but his head hurt through his dreams.

"Turn off the light," Link moaned in the morning. The sun shone through the window in the ceiling above on to Link's eyes.
"Come on fairy boy get UP!" Malon said thrusting a pillow at his head.
"Ahhh! Stop it I want to sleep," he complained.
"No you don't you have to get up and ride your horses after breakfast!"
"Breakfast!"
Link sat right up but as he did a pillow hit his face.
"Oh my goddesses! Link I'm sorry I was just trying to get you up," Malon said apologetically. Link laid there staring up at Malon and he swore there was three of her swirling around his head taunting him. Malon grabbed his arm and tried pulling him up.
"Come on, the food's ready," she said dragging the half-dazed boy. She took him outside to a blanket near a tree. He smelt warm bread and sweet berries.
"We're going to eat out here. I made bread so we can have toast with jam," Malon said proudly," I made the jam too." Link licked his lips. They both sat and ate their breakfast talking about Link's adventures in the forest.
'Wow that sounds really scary," exclaimed Malon, "You're really courageous Link!" Link smiled.
'Thank you, but I don't think I'm that much of a hero. I mean anybody would've done the same," he said truthfully.
"Well yes but you're different. Of course anybody would've wanted to do the same but not anybody just could have. It takes something special to have been able to do something like that," Malon smiled at him. Link looked down.
"I guess you're right, but," Link stopped not knowing what to say. He sighed and finished off his food and milk.
"Well looks like you're done," Malon smiled, ”Now you've got ride your horses." After Malon and Link cleaned up Malon took Link to the center of the horse ranch.
Epona was playing with Link's two new horses. Malon whistled and the three horses settled down.
Epona road up to Link and looked at him.
You're going to like these horses she said to him with her eyes.
Link nodded.
Malon put reins on both the horses.
"So which one do you want to ride first," she asked him.
"I'll ride the big one first," he said. He got up on the bigger one. The bigger one was all black.
"What are you going to name this one Link?" Malon asked him.
"Hmmm," he thought," I don't know…?"
"It's a boy horse and the smaller one is a girl horse, if that'll help. The bigger one is a Clydesdale, so even though it's younger it's bigger then most horses," Malon said informing him.
"Well let me ride them first and then I'll give them names," Link said. Malon nodded.

Link enjoyed his ride with the black horse. He was a very strong horse, his hooves made a loud sound that would scare someone if they didn't know a horse was coming. He was just as fast as Epona also. Link knew exactly what to name his horse.
"I'll name this one Storm," Link said getting off his horse. He petted his new friend on the neck.
"Well time for you to ride the second one," Malon said happily. Link got up on the second one. Once Link began riding the creamy white horse he was surprised. With light steps you almost could not hear the horses hooves, yet she was quick. Even faster then Epona and could jump higher too. This horse would be good for races while the other one would be good for endurance and carrying two people.
"I'll call you Whisper," Link said to the horse.
"I like those names! Storm and Whisper," Malon said to Link. From the back of his head Link thought of something that troubled him.
"Malon I don't know if I can even keep these horses," Link said looking at Malon with concern.
"Don't worry we can keep them here one at a time, until you can find a good place to put them both," Malon said answering his problem," Daddy figured you might have a little problem and he says if you need a small stable built for them he wouldn't mind at all."
Link nodded.
How would the kokiri react to having horses in the forest? Link thought.
Chapter Two Saving the Princess Once Again by Tory Jessica
Chapter Two
Saving the Princess Once Again

Riding on Storm and leading Whisper he entered the Kokiri forest. All of the children looked at awkwardly not knowing what to make of the horses. One Kokiri actually went up to Link and asked,” What are those?"
Link chuckled. "These are horses Lulu," he said to the girl.
"What are horses?" she asked.
"Horses are these. They are animals that people ride on to get to somewhere. This one is Storm and the other one is Whisper," Link said informing the girl.
"Wow they're pretty!" she said patting Whisper's neck. Link smiled.
"What are you doing Lulu! You're not supposed to talk to him! Not until he talks to me," said a mean voice. Link turned his head it was Mido. He rolled his eyes.
"What are doing Mido," Link asked annoyed. Mido stepped in front of Link and Storm and got a little nervous. There was nobody or anything that was taller then he, besides Link.
Mido gulped,” I um a...need to talk to you...right now..." Link rolled his eyes again, hopped off his horse, and followed Mido into his house.
"Guess what happened these past four days!" Mido sat putting his hands on a table. Link shrugged.
"The Deku Tree Sprout sprouted and I found out EVERYTHING about you! " Mido continued.
"Saria had been having weird dreams lately and she went to the Deku Tree Sprout just yesterday. She wouldn't let me come with her but I followed anyways knowing it had something to do with YOU. It always has been about you. Deku Tree Sprout said something about you coming back and Saria's dreams were true. Now all Saria does is stay in the forest in the Sacred Meadow. I found out something else too! You're not a Kokiri at all and Navi left you because you didn't need her anymore. You're a stranger to this village you always have and always will be! Now you have 10 ten days to get your stuff and go! If you're not gone by then I'm going to tell everybody what you really are!"
Link looked at Mido with so much loathing he could barely contain himself. First when Link was introduced into the Kokiri forest when he's eight, Mido does nothing but bully him, especially when he didn't get a fairy after living there for a while. Now he's telling him to leave his home, the home that he lived in for as long as he remembered. He was now being pushed out.
"Mido why the hell do you hate me so much!" Link shouted at him.
"Because you're not one of us! You look funny, act weird, lost the fairy you were never even suppose to have, showed off to everyone all the time, and made me look like a fool!" Mido shouted back.
"I never made you look like a fool, if you didn't always bully people around then maybe people wouldn't hate you so much! You're just mad because when I came along everyone realized what an ASS you were!"
Link could see Mido tearing up. He couldn't believe his eyes! Was Mido actually going to cry!
“Just shut up will you! You stupid hylian!" With this Mido lunged at Link. They rolled all over the floor Link trying to keep Mido back without hurting him.
"Just go away! Go away so I can have my friends back! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you," shouted Mido trying punch him and crying.
"Mido stop it! I don't want to hurt you. Get off me!" Link said pushing Mido off of him. Mido stood up and cornered Link.
"Mido stop it!" said a girl's voice from behind Mido. Mido twirled around to a slap in the face. He fell on the floor dazed.
"Saria?" Link and Mido both said at the same time.
"Come on Link let's get out of here," said Saria grabbing onto Link's hand. Link and Saria left Mido's house and got onto Link's horses. Saria got on Whisper and Link on Storm. They went into the Lost Woods and made their way into the Sacred Forest Meadow.
"I'm sorry about what happened Link. Mido is right though I don't think you can stay. You were always meant to leave the forest anyways," Saria said as they sat on the grass. Link was hurt.
"I guess nobody wants me here anymore," Link said sadly.
"No no no, that's not what I meant Link! I'm just saying you're not a Kokiri; you could live a much better life outside of the forest. I'm not saying you can't ever return to the forest, I would really like that. Being a Sage and all it'll be nice having company," Saria finished.
"A sage? How did you know that, that happens in the future Saria," Link replied.
"Well, when you left the Deku Tree Sprout sprouted and I started having weird dreams. I saw the future, or the future that happened, that you stopped. Rauru came to me in my dreams telling me I needed to go to the Deku Tree to awaken myself. At first I was just thinking maybe they were just dreams, but when I talked to the Deku Tree Sprout I was surprised when my powers were awoken. I felt like a new person, and so like myself in more then one-way. I found out about Navi and how you were Hylian. Unfortunately Mido overheard. Don't hate Mido for what he's doing ok. If he didn't feel so betrayed by the Kokiri he probably wouldn't have tried to push you out like that," Saria concluded.
"Betrayed how?"
"When you came here, Mido didn't like you because I became your friend and I was too busy trying to show you how to be a Kokiri instead of spending time with Mido," Saria blushed a little bit.
"What is it?"
"Mido got so mad because the day you came into the forest was the same day that Mido asked me to be his girlfriend. I didn't know what to say. Back then Mido was nice to everyone, but I really didn't feel like having a boyfriend. I didn't feel like I was destined to be with anyone. When you came and I spent time with you, Mido took me saying no more harshly then he probably should've taken it. He thought that I liked you and not him. So he got really mad and started bullying everyone around, especially you. Then no one liked him anymore," Saria finished. Link nodded finally understanding and feeling a little sorry for Mido. Link looked at his feet.

"I guess I really do need to go," Link said realizing his fate. Saria nodded and her eyes watered. She ran and hugged him.

"I'm really sorry Link. If I could change things then I would, but I can't," Saria said crying. Link shook his head.

"Don't worry about it Saria," he said. He nodded at her and hopped on his horse Storm.
"I'll come and visit ok," Link said as he road off.

"I have no idea where I'm going to go now. I'm homeless now," he said as he wondered around Hyrule field. He sighed," Maybe I'll go visit Princess Zelda, see how she is."
Then he thought for a moment.
"If Saria had dreams about the future maybe Zelda did too? Maybe she can tell me what to do!"
Link rode off to Hyrule castle so excited he didn't even notice the worried towns folk around the market place. When he reached the gates he was surprised at what he saw.
A guard lay wounded next to a blasted gate. He rode his horse up to the guard and got off helping the man sit up.
"Help the princess, she's in trouble," the guard coughed up blood onto his armor.
"What happened?” Link asked frantically.
"Some weird huge monster came; it asked to see the princess. I refused to let something of its kind in. It was angry and spit out a blast of energy that blew away the gate. A gate piece flew and it's hit my side," the guard replied coughing up more blood. Link looked at the guard’s side and sure enough there was a shredded piece of metal sticking out from his side right underneath the rib cage.
"Oh my goddesses! Don't worry I'll..." Link paused as he looked back at the guard’s face. He was dead. Link put his head down in respect of the noble guard. He crossed the guard’s arms and Link pointed his finger to his head then to his left side of his chest then to the right then to his forehead again. (Triforce symbol) Link tied up Storm and Whisper on the doorknob so they wouldn't go anywhere. He took out his sword and ran to the castle.

"Let me GO! Stop it get off me!" a girl with blonde hair and a white dress shouted.
"Mwhhahahaa! I don't think so princess! I'm waiting for someone," the monster said slyly to the princess. The monster was huge 10 feet tall with strong arms and stout legs. It had a long face with rows of sharp teeth. Saliva spilled from its mouth. His face came close to the princess's and he licked her cheek.
"Oh you are so sweet princess! I can't wait until I can devour you," the monster said evilly.

"Zelda!" shouted Impa followed by Link.
"Ah so the boy is here finally, mwhhahahaa," the monster said as he raised the princess in the air," I just wanted some party guests to share this moment of my lunch today."
"Let her go you beast!" Link shouted.
"Sure I'll let her go! Right into my mouth," the monster said. Zelda screamed. Just as the monster was going to let the princess fall into his mouth a flash of bright light blinded the monster as Impa threw a deku nut into the monsters eyes. The monster dropped the princess onto the ground shouting about being blind. As Impa caught the girl Link came up and stabbed the monster in the stomach.
"Ahhhrrrgg! How dare you!" the monster yelled and punched Link making him fly.
"Ahhh! Oomph!" Link hit a wall and fell to the ground. He stood dazed. The monster grabbed him by the arm and threw him into the air and let Link fall again. When he fell to the ground Link landed on his leg funny and he heard a SNAP!
"Ahhh!" Link screamed in pain as his leg broke.
"Mwhhahahaa! Now I'll eat you for my lunch!" The monster said as he picked Link up by his broken leg. Link shouted and cried in pain. As the monster hung Link above his mouth Link threw up because of the pain in his leg. The monster held Link aside and coughed.
"Ahrg! Nasty little Hylian!" the monster said spitting out vomit. Link swung his sword and cut off the monsters hand. The monster screamed in pain and lunged for the helpless Link on the ground. As the monster bent down to bite him, Link thrust his sword into the monsters head, killing it instantly. The monster fell on top of Link, only leaving his head from being covered.
Darkness took over Link.

There were flames surrounding Link and burning his leg.
"Someone help me please," Link cried trying to move. For some reason though some dark figure pushed Link down restraining him. Then a bright figure came and circled his body. All the flames disappeared and Link didn't hurt anymore.

Link opened his eyes. In front of him were many different people. A bald headed man, a white haired man, Zelda, and Impa.
"What's uh...going on." Link said, as he looked at all the people. Impa pulled Link up helping him sit up and put pillows behind him.
The white haired man spoke first.
"Link, I want to thank you so much for saving my daughter. If it wasn't for you then my darling Zelda would have been eaten by that wretched monster," he said. Link figured out that this was the King of Hyrule.
"It was nothing sir, err your highness... err your majesty...um..." Link said not sure what to call him. The bald head man smiled.
"I'm so glad that your ok, sir. I guess I still have that healing touch," the man said proud of his work on Link's leg. The man was finishing wrapping Link's leg in a tight bandage holding his broken leg in place.
"You're not going to be able to walk on it for a month so you better stay down and rest," he finished. Link nodded. He looked at Zelda.
"Hi princess," he said. Zelda looked like she couldn't contain herself.
"Ahhh! Link! Oh I knew you'd come and save me! Oh you're so brave Link! Thank you thank you!" she said as she lunged at him, squeezing the life nearly out of him. Impa laughed.
"Yes we are all thankful that you came Link," she said looking at the two.
"Yah.. Uh..ack...you-your welcome," he said between breaths. Zelda let him go.
"Daddy we should knight him! He's so brave and so much stronger then the guards around here," Zelda said looking up at her father. The King nodded.
"Of course! That's a splendid idea! Once Link's leg heals up we will present him with a knights sword and shield," the king said excited,
"Wow I'm going to become knighted that’s awesome!" Link replied happily.
"Daddy you're not going to make Link go home are you?" asked Zelda.
"Not while his leg is broken I'm not," said the king,” I will have inform your parents though. Where do you live Link?"
Link was silent for a few moments.
"What's wrong Link?" the king asked.
"I don't live anywhere...I don't have parents... my mother and father died in the war a long time ago. After that I lived in the forest. They don't want me there anymore though," Link said looking down sadly.
"Oh I'm so sorry Link," the King said apologetically. Impa looked over at the King.
"Why doesn't he just stay here sir? He's being knighted; if he stays here he could train the other soldiers. I'm sure he could teach them something, and I think Zelda won't be so bored with another child around," Impa suggested.
"Me! Live in the castle?" Link said surprised at Impa suggestion.
"Of course it's the least I could do for the man who saved my daughters life! Your horses can stay here too, we have a huge stable and lots of land they can play on," the King said smiling.
"Wow! Link you're going to live here! It's going to be great you'll love it! We play everyday! I know you'll love the food. Maybe you can teach me how to use a sword. This is so cool! Thank you thank you daddy," Zelda said all excited.
The King smiled happy to please both of them.
"Well we need to go and let Link rest now," the bald head man said out of no where," By the way my names Elirix. I'm the local doctor; I specialize in fairy, herb, and modern day healing. I'll be right down the hall if you need anything. I'm staying here until your leg is all fixed. Now remember no walking on it, but you will have to do leg exercises so your joints don't get stiff and weak."
The doctor handed Link a paper demonstrating various leg lifts and knee bends that he needed to do in two weeks.
"Thank you sir, it was very kind of you. You did a great job, I have no pain at all," Link said.
"Thats because of the fairy, however a dull throbbing will come in 48 hours," Elirix informed. Link nodded. A dull throbbing was a lot better then the pain he had before.
"My-my though you sure have great reflexes, even in your sleep," the doctor said.
"Yah, I had to hold you down," Impa said. Link blushed.
"Sorry I didn't mean to be such a trouble," he said embarrassed.
"Oh no trouble at all!" the doctor said,” Well I do have to be going. I have an appointment with someone in town, I'll be back as soon as I can."
The doctor left.
"Oh and Link, you'll be happy to know that the monster you killed actually had a bounty on his head for killing gerudos and gorons," Impa said handing Link a giant bag full of 5000 rupees.
"Wow!" was Link could say.
"Apparently he heard about your adventures of killing the dinosaur king, so he came here to lure you," Impa informed. Link nodded and started counting the rupees.
"Well I have to go tend to some business with the King of Bluraria. Such a nice man, and very intelligent. Says he needs to discuss matters of trading with Lon Lon Ranch," the King said and left.
"So Link, are you hungry?" Impa asked.
"Boy am I ever," he admitted forgetting his manners," oops...uh I mean, yes ma'am..." Impa laughed.
"Well then I'll be right back with dinner, Zelda are you going to dine in the dinning room? I doubt you are, you want to stay with Link don't you?" Impa asked. Zelda nodded. Impa left the room.
"Goddesses, I thought they'd never leave!" Zelda exclaimed.
"Why'd you want them to leave?" Link asked.
"I need to talk to you that's why."
"I think I know why"
Zelda nodded.
"Yes, you do know why." Zelda sighed," I remembered everything that has happened from the future. I received it in my dreams... it was like living a nightmare all over again. I almost couldn't believe myself but I know now, when you came to save me, that all of that really did happen. I'm glad I sent you back in time though, I can actually get to know you now," Zelda finished with a giggle.
"Why are you laughing?" Link said smiling.
"There's another reason why I wanted them to go, tee hee," she said her face slightly turning red.
"...What’s... that," Link said worried but curious.
"I want to show you my gratitude for saving me," Zelda replied,” Close your eyes ok"
Link closed his eyes. He felt something soft on his cheek, it felt like lips. It wasn't a short quick, almost can't feel it kiss, it was actually a sweet kiss with meaning behind it. Link blushed as he opened his eyes.
"Th-th..." Link coughed, “Thank you." Zelda blushed and nodded. Then she moved her eyes side to side and up and down.
"What is it," Link said, “Looks like you want something." The princess giggled.
"I know that that was my way of showing my thanks, but uh," Zelda paused giggling again," I want one to." Link grinned and before Zelda had time to react, he kissed her cheek too.
"Ah, hee hee! Yay!" she exclaimed hugging him both their faces red.
"Zelda what are doing to the boy, choking him?" Impa said coming into the room with food.
Zelda quickly pulled away from Link.
"I um uh, I-I, I was just saying thank you," Zelda said getting quieter. Impa smiled and placed two covered plates on the bed. She turned over a table like surface over from the side of the bed so Link could have something to put his food on. She then put the two plates on the table thing and uncovered them. Once Link smelt and saw the food he was in complete heaven. Roast chicken, home made mash potatoes, lima beans, salad with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and on the side some delicious soup with boiled eggs in it.
"Food!" he exclaimed, “This is great! Wow thank you Impa!" Impa nodded.
"If you finish I can bring you seconds or desert," she said.
Link immediately dug into his food not noticing Impa leave. On record time he finished his food and his apple cider.
"Thats not fair, you're going to get dessert tonight," Zelda complained looking at her unfinished plate.
"If you can't eat it all, I'll finish it," he said more so asking for her food rather then offering. She put her contents of food on his plate and finished it also.
"Do you even have room for dessert?" Zelda asked.
"Yep! What is for dessert?" he curiously asked with his stomach.
"Well there is apple pie, blueberry pie, jello, frozen chocolate dipped banana (really good by the way), and chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ice-cream," she said thinking through the various desserts. Link's mouth watered at the thought of them all.
"I'll have some of each!" he said.
"What!" Zelda exclaimed, “You’re not going to be able to eat all that!"
"I bet you a kiss I can," Link said slyly. Zelda blushed but couldn't resist.
"Fine but if I win then you have to teach me how to fight," Zelda said firmly. Link nodded. It was a deal.
When Impa came in and saw both their plates were done she asked what they wanted.
Link wanted one of everything and Zelda just wanted a scoop of each ice cream. Impa wondered how Link was going to eat all that dessert but got some anyways.
"All right then," Zelda said. Link nodded and gave her a sly grin.
"Remember our deal," he said. She nodded. First he started with the ice cream, each ice cream had three scoops of each kind. He finished those with a horrible headache. Zelda had already finished her ice cream.
"Looks I won," she said getting ahead of herself.
"Hey I just got a brain freeze! I'm not done yet," with that Link ate his banana, ate his blue berry pie and apple pie. Then finished the jello last.
"All done!" he said proud of himself. Zelda pouted.
"Humph, no fair! I wanted to learn how to fight," she said upset.
"You know I'm going to anyways. Now about what I said," Link smiled at her. She giggled.
"Fine," she said coming close to him closing her eyes. Just as she got close enough to kiss his cheek Link turned his face just in time so that she'd kiss his lips. She acted like she didn't know what happened and lingered for a moment and then pulled away her face redder then it had been before. Link gave her a big grin.
"I said kiss, but I never said what kind of kiss," he said smugly. She looked to the side and smiled.
Zelda's Tears by Tory Jessica
Chapter Three
Zelda's Tears

Link lay in his bed reading a book. It was called, Legend of the Tale.
It was about a war, not the Hyrule war but a sort of write off from it. It was about three people. Two guys and a girl. The first guy was named Rare, the second guy was named Louis but everyone called him Silent, and the girls name was Maiya. Rare and Silent were two captains set stationed at two houses. Ordered by their king they were suppose to torture the people living in these houses to show the other kingdom how cruel they had been to them. Rare had gone mad for a while and actually enjoyed torturing these people. One house consisted of an old lady and her 34 yr old son. The other house included a full family. A father, a mother, and 10 yr old son, and a three old girl. Then Maiya came to live with her aunt. Rare looked upon Maiya and was confused. He began to cry at night, feeling horrible about what he done to the people he tortured. One day when Maiya was out walking Rare went with her and tried to take her for himself. When she refused from under his grasp and spit in his face, Rare raised his arm, to deal punishment to anyone who resisted the kingdom. For some reason Rare could not hit her. He looked into her eyes and put his hand down, and she kicked him off. She ran back to her house. After some time Rare softened up and finally admitted to Silent that he didn't want to be a captain of war, he just wanted to settle down and have a family. As always Silent just nodded and agreed. Soon Maiya began to fall for soft hearted Rare. Together they set up a revolt against both kingdoms to end the war. They succeeded and became King and Queen of a new land and lived happily ever after.

"Wow that was a great book," Link said to himself, wiping away his tears. Zelda came into the room.
"Did you like the story?" Zelda asked. Link nodded and handed the book back to her.
"Yes it's one of my favorites," she replied putting the book back in the shelf," Did you enjoy breakfast?"
Link nodded. That morning Link had a fruit salad, (it was what Zelda wanted so he got the same). The fruits were the freshest he had ever had and tasted heavenly.
"Well we don't much to do yet since your leg's been broken," Zelda said twiddling her thumbs," so we can play a board game, or a card game?" Link thought.
"Hmmm well I don't know, what do you want to do?" he asked. Zelda looked around and shrugged. They both sighed.
"You know what I think I'm going to sleep, it'll make time go by faster," Link said. Zelda nodded and sat in a chair next to his bed and pulled up a blanket.
"I'll sleep here too," she said.
They both drifted off into slumber.

Link was sitting at Lake Hylia dipping his feet into the water. Oddly he couldn't feel it. He heard some noises and something bumped his side.

"Who's there," he groaned as he woke up. He saw Zelda lying next to him cuddled up underneath his head. He blushed and put arm around her shoulders. He had seen people love each other and knew what it meant, but to actually think he was feeling it himself. It amazed him. His heart began to race pondering if he did love Zelda. Did she love him? What if she did? Would they still be friends? Or would they be something more? His thoughts trailed off as he fell back asleep.

Over the past few days all Link did was sleep, especially after Elirix gave him some sleep potion made from herbs. He said it would increase his heal rate, even though Link probably didn't need.
"You have a wonderful heal rate, my dear boy! Even after a few days it seems as your leg is actually mending the bones together already! Your leg is going to be very strong after this. I can also safely say that you can do your exercises now," Elirix said one day when he came to do a checkup on Link. Link smiled.
"Great that means I can get out of bed sooner!" Link said happily. The doctor nodded.

Later that day Link received a visitor.
"Malon! Wow it's great to see you again," Link said happily. Malon nodded.
"Yep it's nice to see you again too fairy boy," Malon replied," My dad's making another delivery so I came to visit you."
"How did you know I was here?" Link asked. Malon laughed.
"You mean you don't know fairy boy? Everyone is talking about you! Saying your the princess's knight in shining armor come to rescue her," Malon giggled some more," I don't think they know it's just you fairy boy."
"What do you mean they don't know it's just me?" Link said puzzled.
"Well everyone in town is trying to make descriptions of you! It's so funny," Malon paused thinking about a woman who described him.
"Oh I heard he is so handsome, tall with beautiful eyes. They say he has such wonderful hair and great muscle tone!," the woman described dreamily.
Malon laughed," Apparently your knighting ceremony is suppose to be a huge event! Everyone in town is going to come, and they're going to host a party also! Everyone is going to want to meet the Princess's Hero."
Link laughed too his face slightly red.
"Wow the king is doing all that for me?"
"Oh it wasn't the King's ultimate decision. Your in such high demand that everyone sent in requests to come to your knighting ceremony," Malon giggled again," Some people even talk about you marrying Zelda when she's old enough and you two become King and Queen of all Hyrule!"
"Me!? Is King?! I couldn't do anything like that!" Link exclaimed. Just then Zelda came in.
"Zelda!," Malon said.
"Malon!," Zelda replied. They both ran up and gave each other a hug.
"Wow it's so nice to be able to see you again! How's Epona?" Zelda asked.
"Oh shes great! Very pretty," Malon replied.
"So are you going to come to the ceremony?"
"Yes I can't wait to see fairy boy in royal knights armor."
"I know he's going to look so good in it!"
"So how's your dad."
"King of Hyrule ,you know always busy. What about you and Galek?"
Malon blushed," Oh we're getting along great! He got me some flowers and my dad said that he might even be staying at the ranch for a week or so, so he can learn to ride the horses better."
"Oh wow, I'm so happy! You and Galek are so cute together!"

The girls continued on babbling while Link just watched them. He smiled at the two, he was glad they were happy.
"So Link what are going to do after you're knighted?" Malon asked.
"I'm not sure of what I'm going to do," Link replied.
"He's going to be living in Hyrule castle with me I know that," Zelda said proudly.
"Really?! Wow, that's awesome fairy boy!" Malon exclaimed. Link nodded.
"Yep, it's pretty cool," Link replied.
They all laughed and played games until Malon had to leave, which who promised to visit more.

The first two weeks of healing were really nice, until one night. Link shook his head as he slept.

He walked into the windmill and saw himself standing in front of the windmill man. He saw himself put the ocarina up to his mouth and play the song of storms which sounded distorted. Soon his vision got blurry and the scene melted away. He tried remembering what happened but it was like walking up the stairs and thinking there is one last step but there isn't and you get that plunging sinking feeling as you step down. It just wasn't there. He searched through the nooks of his mind trying to find what he was searching for. He didn't remember anything anymore.

Link woke up in a cold sweat. He looked up at the ceiling and saw a blue image of himself , fade away with the wind that wasn't there.
"Wh-what's happening," he asked himself breathing deeply. He shook his head again. He lay his head down to the side looking out his window. The moon shone through providing a pale light. That night he didn't sleep again. When the sun rose and Zelda came in she was wondering why he was awake.
"What's wrong Link you seem troubled... You're never awake at this hour?" she asked concerned. He just shook his head. She looked at him worried.
"Ok then... Um I'm going to get breakfast," she said and got up left.
"What is wrong? I feel like there is something missing from inside of me...What did I loose?" Link asked himself when Zelda left.

Finally the day came when Link could finally start walking. He healed a week early but the doctor made him stay in bed an extra week just in case. This also made his exercises more vigorous to keep up his strength. However finally Link was so happy to finally get out of bed and walk himself.
"All right Link are you ready?" Elirix asked him with Zelda at his side. Link nodded.
"Alright then grab onto my arm. When you get out of bed it's going to be like trying to walk all over again," the doctor warned him. Link took note of that and carefully put his legs on the ground. It felt so odd. His legs were acting like liquid. He couldn't stand up very well, thank goodness for the doctor holding him up.
"Now as I hold you try putting lots of pressure on your legs so they can get used to carrying your upper body weight," the doctor instructed. Link did as he told and it made his legs fill even more odd. It was like they had been asleep for a year. The blood rushed to his legs making him tingle all over and he got an odd feeling of liquid and stiffness at the same time in his legs. However walking came back to him and he was able to walk almost on his own.
"Here you can use this until you can walk all the way on your own," Zelda said handing him a cane.
"It's a present from me, it has a sword in it," Zelda said proudly. Link nodded and took out the sword while leaning on his bed.
"Wow this is really cool Zel," Link said. He put the sword back in its place and used it to walk on.
"You can bring it to the ceremony tomorrow," she said.
"Oh yah I almost forgot about that," Link smiled. He began to get nervous.
"What am I going to wear? I don't have any extra clothes," Link asked. Zelda smiled.
"Don't worry about that Link I got something else for you," she presenting him a box. Link opened it to reveal a stunning new outfit. It was white with nice dress shoes. He picked up the shirt examining it. It was a white long sleeve shirt that buttoned down the front. On the right side was a Triforce embedded into it, with the bird symbol below it. He could see his name engraved on it in gold silk thread.
"Wow this is great!" Link said happily.
"Yep it matches your cane too," Zelda said. Link looked at his cane more closely. It was really shiny. At the top was a clear globe with a Triforce symbol inside of it. The cane part was white with gold vines running down the side.
"Do you like them?" Zelda asked.
"Yes they're awesome! Thank you so much Zel!" Link said with excitement and hugging onto the princess at the same time.
"Well that's good. I wasn't sure if you liked white and gold. I'm glad you like it so much," she said hugging him back.
"Well remember to try and walk on your own more and more each day ok. Don't get dependent on it ok?" Elirix said. Link nodded.

"Well let’s go outside ok?" Zelda asked. Link was more then happy to. They went back out into the courtyard where they first met.
"So Link, what are going to do, after you get knighted?" Zelda said trying to start a conversation.
"I don't know... I know that I have to teach my legs to walk on their own," Link said thinking.
Zelda sighed out in relaxation.
"It's really nice out here isn't Link?" she asked. Link nodded and sat down a bit exhausted.
"What's wrong?"
Link breathed out heavily.
"Well...All I've done for a month was lay in bed... it's really exhausting walking around so much," he said between deep breaths.
"Oh I'm sorry," Zelda apologized. Link shook his head.
"Don't worry about it. I'm glad to get out," Link replied. Zelda smiled. She sat next to him and laid her head on his shoulder.
"It's so peaceful... almost sickening…tee hee.. I can't wait until you can run again.. There are so many different things we can do. We could cause all sorts of trouble you know," Zelda said. Link sighed.
"Just sitting here with you is kind of nice too you know," Link replied.
"Ah! Hee hee you're boring... Then again.. it is nice. I guess."
Link shook his head and laid on the ground, letting the sun warm up his body. Zelda lay next to him and she took off her head piece letting her shoulder length hair fall out.

"Zelda do you like bringing a princess," Link said trying to start conversation. Zelda shrugged.
"I don't know. I guess it's nice being able to get what ever I want, but then again, I hate having to act. I mean what kind of example am I setting for other people if I act like someone else? Shouldn't I be showing people that you don't have to act to be royal. I mean I'm a princess because of bloodline, not because of how I eat and walk," she replied. Link looked at her.
"You know I never thought of it that way."
Zelda nodded.
"Yah, most people fail to see the truth behind things," Zelda sat up and sighed," I do wonder what it's like to be a normal person. You know go to a school full of kids. Come home and sit at a small table and eat with my mom and dad. You know we use to do that. We use to eat all together."
"Who? You and your dad?" Link asked.
"Yah, but also my mom too. She died when I was five. After that I wasn't sure what to do. My mom always took me outside and my dad would laugh telling her that she should be teaching me how to be a real princess. He didn't really mind though, he knew I had teachers to do that," Zelda said happily but tearing up," Ha ha, I remember one time, a particular sour etiquette teacher of mine was always mean to me, behind my parents back. So one day I told mommy what she always did to me if I didn't eat my food right during a lesson. She'd take the spoon or fork I was suppose to use and hit my fingers. Not hard she wasn't allowed to leave a mark, but it still hurt. So one night, the night I was suppose to show how good I had become at dinner etiquette my mommy told me not to worry and eat with my hands if I wanted to. My teacher sat in between me and my mom. So I did what my mom told me to do and she did it also. My teacher didn't know what to do. My dad thought it was funny though, because we don't usually have so much fun eating because people are always over. My teacher almost cried when my dad joined in too, then all of our party guests did the same. She yelled at me and dad fired her. It was so funny! 'Interfering with our foreign relations' is what he said to my teacher. It was great. However since my mom died, I don't like eating dinner with my dad a lot. I have to act like a princess, I think he doesn't like me acting silly at the table because it reminds him of mom. He doesn't get mad at me for little things like using the wrong utensil, but I have to act so prissy sometimes. He makes up for it though. He's really nice to me. I half expected him to turn cold and mean. That’s what I wanted to do when mom died. I was so mad. I was mad at the doctor for healing her, and I was mad at my dad for no reason at all. I was even mad at my mom for leaving me. My dad held me one night and told me that mommy didn't really leave us. That all she was doing was dancing with the goddesses and watching me from above. I felt so bad because I had been so mad at everyone even her. I cried in my dads arms until I fell asleep. Ever since then I promised mom that I wouldn't be mean again. I was so happy when I found out that my dad wasn't mad at me for being mad at him or something alike." Zelda turned her head away from Link so he couldn't see her crying. What she didn't know was that he began crying for her too.
Link sat up and held onto her.
"I'm really sorry," was all he could say. She turned and saw the tears in his eyes as he smiled at her sweetly.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you upset!" she said frantically. He shook his head.
"I'm not upset, I'm just crying with you so you don't have to do it alone," he said and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. Zelda let out a little whimper, not because she was scared, but because she thought what he said was really sweet.

From a window above the courtyard where Link and Zelda sat, the King looked at them both, hearing what they had said. He wiped away a tear from his eye.
"He's really a nice boy isn't he sire," said Impa from behind him. The King nodded.
"Yes he is," he replied," I'm really glad that Zelda found someone that she can confide too so easily. I sometimes think that maybe she would have been better off in a normal life."
Impa shrugged.
"She might have, but I don't think I'd trust anyone to be the princess but her," Impa said. The King nodded.
"You're right, even at such a young age, shes so smart. Just like her mom," he replied. He sighed and left the room. Impa looked out the window watching how they both cried together while resting their heads on each others shoulders.. Zelda was suppose to come in for lessons right now.
"They can wait," Impa decided.

When dinner came around Impa went out into the courtyard. She found them lying there asleep in the late afternoon sunlight. She kneeled down and shook them gently.
"I want to sleep in, leave me alone. Why do I have to always get up early," Zelda said half asleep. Link just groaned.
"Come on you two get up," Impa said realizing that this was going to be harder then she thought. Link shook his head a little but didn't wake up. Zelda grabbed Link's hat and put it over her head like a pillow. Impa stood up and walked back a few feet. She grabbed a deku nut and threw it a foot in front of them. They both sat up as it burst.
"Ahhh! We're under attack," Zelda shouted not realizing what happened.
"Saria I'm going to kill you if you do that one more....oh," he said looking up at Impa. Impa laughed.
"Who Saria, Link," Zelda asked turning towards with a suspicious face. Link smiled almost laughing.
"You mean you don't remember. She's the forest sage. A kokiri, one of those who don't grow up," Link said. Zelda looked at the ground embarrassed.
"Oh."
Impa shook her head.
"All right you two, you need to get ready for dinner. We have some guests over, and they're just dieing to meet you Link," Impa said.
"Uh...ok.. Do I have to act all special or anything?" Link asked. Impa shook her head.
"No you don't to worry. They don't even know the proper order of the forks and spoons, and they really don't care. I think you'll like them," Impa replied.

Link and Zelda went back into the castle, going to their separate rooms. Link found on his a new outfit. It was black pant and a black short sleeve shirt with gold trim on the raised collar and the end of the leg pants. It also came with a set of plain black dress shoes.
"If this keeps up I'm going to have more shoes than Zelda probably has," he said jokingly looking at the new outfit. Beside it was a note.
Dear Link,
Just thought maybe you'd like this. I was thinking maybe you wear it dinner tonight.
Signed
Damadais Robert Michael Hyrule
The 3rd
(A.K.A The King, Ha ha...)
P.S. Look under the shirt at belt... and don't worry about thanking me.

Link lifted the shirt that overlapped the top of the pants. On it had a black belt with a circle of gold with the Triforce inside. Around the circle he saw his name written three times.
"Nice," was all Link could say. He put on his new outfit and looked in the mirror. He surprisingly fit well in his new clothes.
"And I look good," he said jokingly.
"Yes you do," said a voice from behind him. He twirled around but fell due to his weak leg.
Zelda laughed.
"You're clumsy you know that," she said helping him up and handing him his cane.
"Your fault," he joked. Zelda smiled.
"So are you going to be a gentlemen and escort me to dinner," she said in a princess tone.
"Um... How do I do that?" he said seriously. Zelda wrapped her arm around his and positioned his arm so it bent the right way in front of him.
"This is how," she said," Now all we do is walk done to dinner." Link nodded and put his head up high in the air.
"Let us go madam," he said in a snobby tone. They both laughed and walked into the formal dining room and saw at appointed seats. Zelda sat next to her father on the right side of the table and Link beside her. To his left side, the kings top adviser sat.
Link looked down the table and saw three blond haired girls, two blonde headed boys, and a woman holding a baby.
Link whispered to Zelda,” Those kids aren't all hers are they." Zelda giggled quietly.
"No, just the baby she's holding, the other five kids are cousins of mine, and duchesses and young dukes, and also the oldest of the girls is countess. They don't live here, it's just their time to visit. I don't like them at all. They're the stereotypical royal snobs," Zelda replied. Link nodded. He looked across the table and saw one of the girls looking at him and he got nervous. She winked at him and waved. Zelda turned and saw and shot the girl a nasty look. The girl stuck out her tongue and returned her normal posture.
"Don't mind her she flirts with every guy she sees," Zelda whispered to Link. Link nodded and decided to ignore the children.
He looked up at the King, who he knew now to be King Damadais. He smiled at him and the King nodded his head and smiled back.
"So daddy, when are our guests coming?" Zelda asked.
"They will be here soon, they are a bit delayed. Apparently a massive storm blew in on them. They got here safely enough, though I think they might have brought the storm with them," Damadais replied. Zelda nodded.
"It is the raining season," she said back.

The dining room door opened and entered four people. A man with light brown hair, a woman with red hair, and two children. One had red hair, the girl, and the boy, had light brown hair.
"Oh goodness Damadais, I'm so sorry for being late," the man said.
"No worries Crevan. Come Crevan, Sarah, Ramla, and Jacy. Join us please, it would be my pleasure," the king replied.
The four sat down and said their hellos.
"So I'm guessing this is Link," Crevan the light brown haired man said. Link looked up hearing his name.
"Yes he is. Link stand up and introduce yourself," the king asked. Link stood up.
"Uh hi... everyone," Link said nervously clearing his throat. Crevan stood up and so did the rest of his family.
"Hello Link it's a pleasure to meet you. If I could I would shake your hand, but you know we have a little problem with the table," Crevan laughed. Link nodded and smiled.
"This is Sarah, my wife. The red headed one is Ramla my daughter and this young man is my son Jacy," Crevan introduced his family," and I am Crevan."
"Hello Link. I like your outfit, looks very nice on you," Sarah said and sat down.
"Do you really know how to sword fight Link?" the boy, Jacy, said excited. Link smiled and nodded.
"Yes I do," he replied.
"Thats awesome!" the boy said and sat down. Link looked at the girl. She gave a forced smiled.
"Hello Link... I'm uh... Ramla, nice to meet you," she quickly sat down. Link nodded and sat down after Crevan did.
"You know what's odd Link?" Crevan asked him.
"No what?" Link asked.
"You look so familiar. Like somebody I use to know. I can't quiet put my finger on it though," Crevan said. Link tilted his head.
"Your right hun... Oh I know who he looks like Aleron," Sarah replied. Damadais looked over at Link.
"I never seemed to noticed but you do look like him Link," the king replied.
"Who's Aleron?" Link asked.
"He was my brother. He was second in command under Damadais of the armies in the war 10 years ago. Now he lives in some place Retriamad. His wife and child died in the war," Crevan replied," You don't have his eyes though. His eyes are brown, not blue." Sarah looked at him oddly.
"Link, who is your mother," Sarah asked him. Link looked at the ground.
"I never knew my mom. She took me to the forest when I was a baby, and I lived there until I met Zelda," Link replied sadly.

There was an awkward silence between all three of them. Ramla broke the silence in her shaky nervous voice.
"Y-your his s-son, aren't you," she said quietly.
"What?' Link looked at the nervous girl.
"He just might be, he has Kaida's eyes Crevan," Sarah said looking at her husband.
Link's heart began to beat fast. What were they talking about.
Son? Kaida's eyes? Could these people have possibly known his parents?

Suddenly a guard came rushing through the door and fell bleeding from his eyes and mouth.
"Your majesty... Some type of spirit is attacking the guards. They're dieing left and right," the guard said and laid on the floor dead. The three blonde headed girls screamed an annoying high-pitched squeal.
"Send out the knights at once and fetch the mage," Damadais said in a booming voice," Everyone to the great hall." He turned towards Zelda.
"You and Link...," the king paused," Link, come back!" He shouted but it was too late.
Link ran out of the dining room and out the castle door across the draw bridge. It was dark and raining.
Lightning and thunder clashed in the black skies.
He saw it. A black figure seemed to be sucking out the soul of a fallen guard. It turned towards Link.
Link pulled the sword from his cane.
"Heh Heh Heh," the spirit laughed. The voice echoed all over the field. Link screamed and covered his ears.
"Ahhh Stop it!" he yelled. Bloody tears flowed from Link's eyes. The spirit slowly moved towards Link and enveloped him. The spirit twisted its form while Link was inside it. Link couldn't even scream. The pain that overwhelmed him yet for some reason he could faint, he wouldn't fall unconscious, he wouldn't die. It felt like every single bone in his body was crushed into dust except for his head. His arms his legs his hips his chest, everything crushed inside him. His mouth opened on it's own and a blue and white light came out. The more the light made the spirit glow the more Link seemed to loose touch of reality.
He could hear a girl's scream. He saw Zelda running over to him and the spirit.
Then darkness took him.
He swirled around in darkness not knowing where he was going.
Where am I, he said in his mind Where's everyone? Is everyone dead? Did that thing kill me... No... It can't kill me! I have to live.

Somewhere in the darkness he found a green and gold light. He floated towards it. He felt renewed. A power from within him was growing. It kept growing in the darkness.
I feel the Triforce of courage in my soul. It's mine..
The darkness grabbed at Link again trying to steal his light.
No... What are doing... Stop it! Let go! You can't have it! It's my Triforce! It's mine to protect, it's mine to keep!
"Let go of me!!" Link shouted as he opened his eyes.

Zelda stopped in her tracks. Link was glowing green and gold.
"Ahrg!!!" the spirit screamed. It flew back and looked at the glowing figure that formed over Link.
"Be gone demon spirit," Link said with an echoing voice from with in his light. The green and gold light sped towards the dark spirit and collided.
There was a flash.
"This is the power courage. Let it be known," Link said. The light disappeared along with the dark spirit. Link fell onto the muddy ground unconscious.
Destiny by Tory Jessica
Chapter Four
Destiny

Link opened his eyes to a brightly lit room. It wasn't the same one he was sleeping in before. This room was all white and smelt like cleaner. He looked up to see a bright ceiling light pointed at his face. He groaned, trying to move around. His whole body felt so soar and he couldn't remember why or what he did to get it that way. There was a faint voice in the background. No there were two faint voices. They were talking to each other. However Link couldn't distinguish who they were, or what they were talking either. His vision, although there was a bright light, was very blurry. He felt something soft and warm touch his face. It was someones hand. Next thing he heard was a soft singing voice. It made him drowsy and he closed his eyes again.

"He was trying to wake up, seems like he couldn't," Zelda said once Link fell back asleep.
"Well he needs his rest. Seems like that boy likes to stay injured, ha ha. I'm just kidding of course. What he did was very courages. The knights and guard said they want to do something to honor him," Elirix said as he tend to Link's wounds.
"How do they want to do that?" Damadais said walking away from the window in the room. Elirix shrugged.
"They don't even know, they just want to be able to do something for him. Since he fought so bravely. All your knights and guards are starting to train more now. They see this boy as a role model," Elirix replied. Damadais nodded and then sighed, while shaking his head.
"We already owe him more then we can give him," Damadais said walking over to a chair and sitting next to Link's bed.
"Daddy you know he won't want anything. That's just who Link is, he doesn't like people being hurt. He's always putting himself in danger for the good of others," Zelda said,"Thats what makes him so great of a Hylian."
"I agree with Zelda, I have never seen such valor and courage in anyone ever before," Impa replied from the window.
"Looks like we're going to have to postpone his knighting," Damadais said.
There was a knock at the door.
"Come in," Damadais said.
The door slowly opened. Ramla and Crevan walked in.
"Crevan, Ramla, what brings you here," Damadais asked.
After he had said that, a tall well-built man with blonde hair and brown eyes walked in. His hair grew long on his back in a low ponytail, tied with a red band. Even though he was well built his posture told you he hadn't done much for a few years, and he beard stubble on his face.
"Aleron? When did you get here?" Damadais asked.
"Ramla spoke to me last night, she said I needed to come. There's suppose to be someone I need to meet," Aleron said. His voice was low and soft, with a hint of sorrow.
Damadais turned to Link.
"Yes we all think that this boy might be your son," Damadais said," He looks exactly like you and has Kaida's eyes. His courage and valor out do any man's here. They're all traits of your family." Aleron walked up to Link's side and sat down.
"He can't be. Kaida and my son died a long time. I don't appreciate games that torment me like this Damadais," Aleron said in an emotionaless tone.
"Aleron what was the name that you were going to give your son," Crevan asked.
"What does it matter," Aleron replied.
"Uncle his name is Link. I know that's the name you and Aunt Kaida were going to give your son. You told me it was in honour of Kaida's father. He's the great mage and advisor to the king. You can't say that a boy who looks like you and Kaida has the same name you were going to name, who has great courage clearly following you, is just a coincidence?!" Ramla said getting frantic. She walked up to him and placed her hand on his heart.
"Listen to her. She's telling you that it's him. Listen to Kaida's voice Uncle, her spirit is within him," Ramla said.
"Shut up! I won't beleive it! Even if it were true look at this boy! He's going to die in just a few hours! I won't put my hopes up for someone who's going to break my heart in the end," Aleron said getting up and pacing the room.
"Excuse me you doubt my treatmeant! He's not going to die! In just another hour, YOUR father in law is going to be bringing a great fairy to heal him," Elirix said offended. Just as that was said the door opened again followed by a great blinding light of pink and white.

* * *

"Link...Link wake up," said a woman's voice. Link groaned as he moved around eyes closed.
"Go away I'm tired," Link complained. There was a small gentle laugh.
"Come on now. Open up your eyes," said the voice. Link groaned again and opened his eyes. In front of him were two people. A girl with green hair in pigtails and an older woman with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Who are you people," Link said.
"Oh don't worry about it," said the girl with green hair," You just need to know that we think you're doing great!"
The woman with blonde hair put her hand on Link's head.
"Yes you are doing great. You've accomplished more then anyone could ever dream of even doing," the woman said. Link slightly gasped getting a sudden feeling that he knew these two people. His eyes teared up.
"M-mom..," Link said begining to choke up. The woman smiled and picked her son up. She began to cry too.
"Yes Link... Our family is slowly coming back together," she said.
"What do you mean?" Link asked hugging the woman back. Link's mother looked her son.
"Well you have cousins to get to know. Two grandfathers and grandmothers to recieve wisdom from. An uncle and aunt to be there for you," Kaida said.
"What about my father. Creven mentioned someone named Aleron?" Link asked. Kaida smiled.
"Yes your father too. I have to warn you a small bit though. In the begining he'll seem sort of cold and maybe even a little rude," Kaida laughed at the last part," Once you get to know him you'll see him for the man he really is."
Link looked up at the girl in the green pigtails.
"Your the goddess of courage Farore!" Link said surprised.
"E-Yup that's me," the girl said giggling a little bit," I guess you can call me the goddess of inocence too, hee hee hee."
"Well you're going to have to go now Link," Kaida said. Link nodded.
"Will I ever see you again mom?" Link said crying. Kaida nodded.
"Yes dear, one day. Maybe near or far but one day you will see me again," she said as her voice and imaged faded.

* * *

"Link, oh little hero of the faires! Awaken!" said a sing-song highpitched voice. Link opened his eyes. He saw a very revealing woman with long red hair and freaky make up in front of him.
"Ahh!" he yelled and fell on to the floor and stood up realising it was just a great fairy.
"Hee hee ha ha ha, still jumpy as ever. Well I've done my work here, buh-bye! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" said the fairy laughing manically. The fairy disapearred in a bright pink light.
Link yawned.
"I'm hungry," Link said without thinking. Aleron stood up and then kneeled to meet eye to eye with Link.
"Hello," said Link smiling. The mans eyes began to tear up. Aleron put his hand on Link's face and his other on Link's shoulder.
"It can't be," Aleron said quietly. Aleron looked up surprised seeing Kaida's ghostly image behind Link, nodding to him. No one else but Aleron saw this. He looked back at Link's face.

Link began to grow uncomfortable with some guys hand on his face.

"Link, this is Aleron, my brother. We believe he is your father..." Crevan said trying to clear up the confusion. Link smiled realising this.
"Uh hi...," was Link could muster up, not knowing what to say. Without warning Aleron wrapped his arms around him and began crying.





Link, thanks to the Great Fairy that healed him was on his feet and as playful as ever. He was happily getting to know all of his new family members that he never knew he had. Funny thing was, he used to see Ramla and Jacy in town markey alot while on his quest through time. It never occured to him that these people were his cousins. He got to know his grandfather too. His grandfather was a cheerful old man, but stern when it came to cleaning. He was very neat and didn't like messes. His uncle and aunt were really nice. They let him read and look through the photo albums and study up on old history of his family.
He even found out his full name that was suppose to be given to him.
Link Andrew Mathaius. He didn't like how it over all sounded, mainly because Link Mathaius just sounded funny, and Andrew ,in Link's opinion, was just a dumb name. His middle name came from his grandfather on his mothers side. His grandfather was also the Top Advisor to the king. His father, who Link still hadn't gotten to know very well, was or used to be Second in Command of all Hyrule.
Crevan and Sarah were retired knights. Ramla was training to be next advisor to the king, since she had growing physic skills. Jacy wanted to be a knight but because of a condition in his body, he was very weak.
Link had no idea that he such a royal and rich blood line.

Link had gotten a little worried and studied his blood line and was reasurred when he found out that he was in no way related to Zelda.
Even though Link was cured Damadais set aside the knighting. Link began to wonder if was ever going to be knighted. He didn't really care. He was to happy. He finally felt like he belonged somewhere. Happy to be among people that wanted him around, and alot of people at that. If just his family members were enough, the whole Hyrulian army were ready to do anything at his one command.

After a while it began to overwhelm him. He wasn't used to such attention, and all at once for that matter. He needed to go somewhere for a little while. Just for a few hours to spend alone. It was decided then. He was going to head out to Lake Hylia and go fishing for a few hours by himself.

He ran up to his room escaping all the soilders that tried to start conversations with him.
He grabbed an extra set of clothes just in case he got dirty or wet. He grabbed some cookies and a bottle of juice.
"Ill take these as snacks," he said to himself. Link sighed. He hadn't gone fishing in a long time, and wondered if it would be to just make his own fishing rod. Link packed his stuff in a brown sack that his grandfather gave him and slung it over his back. He grabbed a piece of paper and a quill and wrote:
Hi Everyone
Don't worry if you can't find me for a few hours. I just went out to get some fresh. Don't come looking for me, I'll be fine on my own.
From Link
P.S. Sorry, for not warning you Zelda....

Link thought about that last line. He hadn't spent much time with Zelda at all. He wonder if she was upset at him for not paying attention to her. Then again whenever Link asked, she said that she was just happy that he was happy. He left the note on his bed.
He walked over to his book case and pulled out a book. Oddly enough, the book didn't want to come out, instead there was loud knock noise and book case slowly creaked opened. He went behind the bookcase which closed.

While in the dark stair well, Link grabbed a torch, to see. He walked for a while. He was used to it though, he found this secret passage way when playing hide and go seek with Ramla, Jacy, and Zelda. Ramla found them as she exercised her mental powers, which seem to be progressing since she met Link. Sarah said this because she was always very nervous and shy, which also had an effect on her powers. Since she met Link she became less nervous and felt more confident in her self, because he was so open and easy to talk to.

He finally reached the end of the stairwell and slowly opened the door, revealing sunlight. Link looked around and saw no one was there. He exited the secret stone door closing it behind him. He jump into the mote and swam to the grid. He kicked it in and held his breath. He went under and swam through a tunnel of water before finally reaching the outskirts of town. Link gasped for air as his blonde haired head emerged. He went up on dry ground and opened his sack.
"Wow, that's awesome," Link said seeing all his things dry. His grandfather said he had enchanted the sack so it would never burn, get wet, or be torn, unless by the owner.

For about an hour he crossed on foot across Hyrule Field. He went up the ladder to get over the stone wall into Hryule Lake. He breathed in the fresh air. It had been awhile since he was able to get out. Link looked at the fishing house and smiled. After readjusting his bag he walked to the fishing house and put his hand on the door knob.
Click...Click....
"Come on, let me in," Link complained.
"Go away," said the fisherman from inside.
"Come on! This isn't fair. I want to go fishing, aaarg," Link growled. He kicked the door stubbing his toe.
"Are friga frak ickga errrr," he said holding his toe. There were foot steps on concrete and click at the door.
"Why do you people bother me! Leave me alone! It's all because of you that the fish are all gone, and the water's gone. All because of you people," said the fisherman pearing his head out the door.
"What do you mean all the waters gone," Link said in amazment.
"What do you mean all the waters gone," mocked the fisherman," Don't tell me you haven't heard! People had been coming and going and the water just kept getting lower and lower, then the fish left before the water was all gone! Now I have no job and business! Just go away!" With that the fisherman slammed the door.
Link sighed.
"Arg, I'm never going to get a break am I," Link complained to himeself. He sighed again and knocked on the door knowing what he had to do. The fisherman opened the door again with a bright smile.
"Well hello there sir! Have you come to buy Jokin's Joke's by thee self the Jokster, hahahaha!" said the fisherman with a delirious tone. Link turned his head in a confused and disbelieving way.
"Uh...sure...," Link said. The fisherman opened up the door all the way and Link walked in. The inside of the fishing place looked normal. The water was there and everything. The fisherman shut the door. For a moment it seemed as if the sound of the door had sent out a wave that slightly distorted everything until meeting again at one point. Link shook his head. He was just just a little angry about the fact that he couldn't fish, yes, that was probably all. Link turned to wear the fisherman stood, but found him no where in sight. He heard constant giggling coming from behind the counter. Link looked over the counter and saw the fisherman holding his stomache whilst constantly giggling.
"What is wrong with you man?!" Link said franticly. The fisherman stood up all of a sudden with a scared expression.
"Get out get out get out, the darkness is coming! She's coming! The darkness no!" he said grabbing hold of Link shaking him and then throwing him on the ground. At that moment Link felt a strong pain in his head. He grabbed a hold of it and screamed as visions flooded his mind.
He saw Saria, the forest medallion, phantom ganon being vanquished the realm between two demonsions. The memory circled in his mind in a whirl of grean, gold, and black. He felt something pull at his head, grabbing his memory and tugging it, making his brain explode with pain.
"Let go! Let go!," Link shouted tears rolling down his face. He could hear the screams of the ghost sisters, ring in his mind, growing fainter and fainter. Then he saw Saria again. She was standing before him her hands on her chest, crying a little bit. Her hand waved, and she faded away. The minuet of the forest played for a moment before finally disapearing. Link opened his eyes, seeing all black as the pain in his head disappeared. The fisherman screamed.
"Help me! Please! Help me Link!" he shouted. Link looked up and his vision returned. Some dark ominious figure had grabbed a hold of the fisherman and was violently tossing him back and forth. Link gasped.
He wasn't sure what had happened, but he felt he had lost something again, just like that night before. He felt like he had lost a friend... Was this dark entity doing this to him. The darkness threw the fisherman down and looked at him. Two yellow slits stared at him. The darkness swooped down and grab a hold of Link. Some part of the shadow like an arm reached into his chest grabbing his heart and squeezed. Link gasped. His arms and legs and head all began to pound with pain. No this darkness was not the one who was messing with his mind giving him a feeling of loss. This darkness was after the power of courage! Link grew angry and the grip on his heart began to loosen. The darkness shrieked and let go of him. Link was glowing and he was filled with anger and frustration.
"I am sick and tired of being hounded by people, through with dealing with evil. I can't have a break can I! All I wanted to do was go fishing! Can I do that!? No, because I have to deal with shit like you. Why don't you just leave me alone already. Leave Hyrule and never show your ugly spirit here AGAIN!" Link shouted as a gold and green light radiated of his body. The darkness growled and then disappeared. Link stopped glowing and fell to his knees weak. He began to cry a little.

"This isn't fair! Why can't I just.. have a break already. Why can't I just live a normal life?!" Link pounded the ground in anger. He sighed with exaustion.
"I'm just going to go home..." Link said and exited the fishing building. He looked up into the sun sadly.
I'll never live a normal life, Link thought, it's just my destiny to be the gaurdian of Hyrule. Along with Zelda.
Link thought this from his heart. He knew it to be true all along ever since he was born. It was different to him now though. His destiny now seemed to be more of a burden as each day went by with new challenges and threats to Hyrule's way of life. It was his duty since his day of birth to protect order. Why did it hurt so much?

* * *

Link entered the castle and was welcome by Zelda's arm's wrapping around him.
"I got your note this mourning. You weren't gone as long as I thought you were going to be. That's ok though," she said. Link nodded.
"Crevan and his family left today, I was surprised that today you decided to go fishing," she said.
"What, they left! I didn't even get a chance to say good bye," Link replied.
"Don't worry about it. They'll be back in a month or so. Did you hear you're father is being reknighted?" Zelda asked. Link shook his head.
"Yep, apparently on the same day as you! Isn't it exciting?" Zelda replied happily.
"Yah, pretty neat," Link said trying to sound happy.
"I bet you can't wait to meet your other relatives," she said striking up conversation.
"Other relatives! You'd think'd I'd have enough already!" Link said in disbelief.
"Yah, you're dad wasn't an only child and neither was you mom! Haven't you looked throughly through your photo albums. On your dad's side you have two aunts and one uncle, on your moms side you have another three uncles and one more aunt, just about all them got married except your aunt on your mothers side. One of you aunts on your dads side didn't have children. The other one only had one child, but all the brothers on your moms side got married and had no less then three children. Some had more! You have SO! many cousins. Some are grown older then us and have wives or husbands now. I think two of your cousins have some children..." Zelda continued.
"How much do you know about me! You're obsessed!" Link said his eyes open wide with astonishment.
Zelda blushed.
"I uh, just wanted to see how extensive your family was....," she said embarassed. Link sighed.
"Are you ok Link?" Zelda asked concerned.
"Don't you ever ask your self... why am I here? Why am I burdened with such a destiny. Why can't I be normal, just run around and act like a normal kid. Why are we here Zelda?...To stop evil from conquering over Hyrule? What of when we die? What's going to happen to our children? Will they be burderned with a non-normal life? I couldn't possibly do that to somebody. No one should have to suffer like us Zelda. We shouldn't have to suffer either. Why can't Hyrule just be a normal place! Peaceful and non-junked-up with crap!?" Link asked. Zelda looked at him with comforting eyes.
"I do wonder what's going to happen and why we have to do what we do. I'm glad I'm not the only one out of the two of us who realise what are destiny is," Zelda said putting her hand on his shoulder," We have alot on us right now, but I know together we can do it."
Link looked up at her. He saw that look in her eyes. That same look ,about half a year ago 7 years into the future that would never come, he saw in her eyes. A look of despair, yet with the lightness of a strong heart, willing to do anythng. Zelda looked away with a slight blush in her face.
"What's wrong Zelda?" Link asked. Zelda giggled.
"Link... What did you mean by... What's going to happen to our children?" she replied. Link flustered up.
"I...uh well... I just... I guess... Maybe I didn't mean ours... but then I again I think I did.. I just didn't imagine myself with...anyone else... so I guess it was...um... a natural instinct..? Eh heh heh...heh...?" Link said hesitating, smiling, with one hand on the back of his head scratching it.
Knighting by Tory Jessica
Author's Notes:
Chapter Five! WOO I'm glad to be back. This is just the knighting Ceremony for Link and Aleron. Hope you enjoy. More to come soon.
Chapter Five

Link assembled his next day's wear, placing his cane next to it. All though he had been expecting this for a while now, he was still nervous. What was he to say? What was he to do? He had never even seen a knighting ceremony. Was there some special procedure, or was he just going to be told what to do? Either way, it had finally come. This was going to be last day as just Link, soon to be Sir Link of Hyrule.

Chills crawled down his spine and he shook his head. Nervousness was getting the better of him.
"It won't be that bad Link, come on," he said to himself. Sighing, he grabbed his clothes and placed them neatly in a cushy chair. Yawning and stretching he returned to his bed and climbed in and stared up at the ceiling for a while. It was pitch dark, but that was just the blank openness that allowed Link's mind to wonder. He thought about various things, from the ceremony, to his father, to food, and Zelda.

Finally, sleep did come to Link, but as fast as the darkness came, so did the light. Link woke up with a jolt as he felt a large amount of bouncing all over the place. Zelda, garbing a light blue gown, was joyfully jumping on Link's bed.

"Get up! Get up! Link! Wake up," she said almost laughing," It's the day to be knighted!" She stopped suddenly and in a deep, joking voice said," Your time has come, hero... This is your destiny!" Link couldn't help but laugh.

"You're such a dork Zel," he said smiling. She shrugged and hopped off the bed and raced over to the chair containing his day's outfit.

"Oh! So THIS is what you are going to wear!" she said staring at the formal white outfit," You know that they will give a shield and some armor too right?"

Link looked at her in disbelief.

"What? I have to wear it all the time?" he asked in panic. The idea of wearing heavy plated armor all the time just because he was a knight, especially during hot summer days, did not please him for a second.

"Just for the ceremony, and whenever you are called for a mission or something. I don't assume daddy would request anything of you until you are older, but you never know," she said. She turned around and stared at him with a concerned face.

"What's the matter Zel, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining or anything I'm sorry," he said quickly afraid he offended her.

She shook her head.

"No it's nothing like that Link. I'm just worried. What if something bad happens and you do have to fight?" Zelda said raising her hand to rest on her shoulder. Link walked up to her.

"Don't worry Zel, no matter what happens, I'll be here to make sure nothing happens to you," he said.

Zelda shook her head.

"No Link, I'm not worried about me.. I'm worried about you!" she said looking at him with despair.

Link lifted his head slightly, closing his eyes slightly, but smiled.

"I'll be fine I promise," he said looking into her eyes.

Zelda nodded, knowing she couldn't argue.

"Come on let's go eat," she said. Link nodded, a good meal on his stomach would do well for him.

* * *

After breakfast, Link met up with Aleron to go over the knighting ceremony.

"You don't have to worry, all you have to do is say "I do" Whenever someones asks something of you and at the end it's common courtesy to say thank you to the king and all of Hyrule and lastly to the Goddesses, kind of a formal speech, but not too much. Short, simple, sweet, and to the point," Aleron said whilst polishing his sword.

Link nodded, absorbing every word, thankful for the advice and relieved. Link oiled his boots with fancy show shiner, the smell was odd. It was so odd in fact, Link couldn't help but try to smell it even more.

"You know, you keep doing that and a Goron is likely to be able to fit in your nostrils," Aleron said staring at his son's odd expressions.

Link laughed, slightly embarrassed.

"You think so?" Link said and then raised his, flaring his nostrils out even wider. Aleron laughed.

"You remind me so much of your mother Link," Aleron said looking away, distracting himself with his sword polishing.

Link looked slowly at him with concern in his eyes, however he didn't ask any further, growing to learn his father's stubbornness.

So they both sat there, doing their knightly chores before the ceremony. With that father son comforting silence lingering on the air.


* * *

Link sat in a stuffy tent with his father and some twenty solders.

"Ugh, WHY does it have to be so crowded and stuffy in here?" Link moaned and complained.

"Well the solders are going to go out after the naming of the knight's, and we will follow shortly after. I never understood why we have to be hidden until we're called forth, but it's tradition, and it's tradition at it's best," Aleron explained. Link shrugged.

"I'm just so unfamiliar with all these complicated formal procedures. Why can't things just be simple, I remember in the Kokiri forest..when," Link paused, feeling a tug at his heart. It had been the first time in a while that he thought about his old home. It still hurt, having to leave. No doubt he was pleased where he was, but the cool shady trees of the forest, the beautiful play of the light and shadows casted down by the golden sun, the morning mist that glowed in the morn and cooled your skin, the music of the animals that lingered through the quiet wood, was all too soon gone for him.

Link had been so distracted in his thoughts they he barely realized that the set of twenty solders had left the tent and Aleron stood ready at the exit, having a glowing sense of pride radiate off of him. Link looked up his father admiringly. His fancy red and gold clothes suited the strong built hylian, and the cape the flowed from a the white pendant on his collar bone, added a sense of elegance. Despite all the heroic things Link had done before, he stilled didn't feel like he could live up to his fathers noble image.

Aleron turned and looked own at his son and nodded.

"It's time to go," he whispered. Link nodded and followed his father out of the stuffy tent.

Link was greeted by afternoon breezes, which ruffled his hot head, relieving him of an oncoming headache. Link smiled and proudly followed his father, who lead him between the twenty solders, who stood on each side in two rows of ten holding up their swords crossing to allow them under. People sat in chairs outside the rows of solders watching in awe, or with smiling expressions. Looking ahead, Link saw Damadais and Zelda waiting for them. Zelda looked adorable, wearing a light dress gown made for the summer heat. In detail it was laced with patterns of roses on the top and on the short sleeves. Her hair had been tamable, but still waved in the breeze. Damadais still wore heavy kingly clothes of red and gold.

The slow walk down the aisle of solders ended. Aleron presented himself first, saying the formal "I do's" after a few short speeches from Damadais. Aleron bent down on one knee as Damadais raised a sword over his shoulders, saying some commemorating words in Aleron's honor, after which Zelda put a fancy gold Knight's Crown atop his head. Aleron nodded his respects to them both and stood up, turning around to the audience that watched in respectful silence. He began a short simple speech, like he had told Link to do, and then stepped aside.

Link stepped forth and greeted both the King and Princess. Damadais nodded.

"Link, you have shown great valor and courage in your actions. You are strong and wise in your decisions and you show only kindness in your eyes. You prioritize yourself to the needs of others, and do not hesitate to put your life on the line for the sake Hyrule and her people. You are strong leader, yet gentle at heart. You are the true image of Hyrule, the True image of a Knight. Do swear to continue on your righteous path to protect Hyrule and the Royal Family?" Damadais said.

Link nodded and replied, "I do."

"The goddesses have truly blessed you young warrior. Through out many hardships you have been granted the gift of courage to pull through it, and you use that power to it's fullest extent, yet only for good. Do you swear to continue following the path of goodness, set down to you by the Goddesses of Creation?" Damadais continued.

"I do."

"And finally, do you swear that your heart is in the right place, and your mind in the right set, to truly be a knight of Hyrule? Also to follow that heart, that which is right, and to think thoroughly with the mind that is set correctly? For a knight of Hyrule must be knight for his people and his King, not for his own benefit, and certainly not at the expense of others," Damadais said almost finishing.

Link stared into the King's eyes with solid affirmation.

"I do." Link said proudly.

"Then do I, with my authoritative power, do state that you now and forever more until death or voluntary leave a Knight Of Hyrule," he said.

At this point Link kneeled as the King rose a sword over his shoulders.

"You are brave, yet not arrogant, young, yet wise, and strong, yet kind. You are a true Knight, Sir Link of Hyrule," Damadais finished. Zelda walked up and place a gold Knight's Crown atop Link's head. Link stood up and as he did Zelda stepped back.

Link gulped slightly nervous. He turned around and nodded at the audience. He wasn't sure where to begin.

He heard Zelda whisper," You can do it."

Link closed his eyes, taking in the comforting words.

"I would like think the King, for this great honor, as well as Princess Zelda," Link said," And I would like to thank the people of Hyrule. So much I have learned and still much I will learn from the many unique individuals of her land. I pray thanks to the goddesses. Din,for her mighty strength, for which I will need on swift wings to protect Hyrule, Nayru, for her wisdom, which I will use to think wisely on my decisions, and to Farore for her courage, which gets me through any situation and which will keep me level headed in battle, or on mission, or just everyday life."

Link paused and the crowd slowly began to clap, but Link continued.

"I would like to thank my Father Aleron, for being brave and the traits of which he passed down to me...and to my mother, who is not with us.. who was with me for a short time.. For always being there for me in spirit," he said bowing his head. He wasn't sure where that last part had come in, but he couldn't help but putting in there.

Damadais turned for a moment and grabbed two shields.

"These shields are presented to you as gifts from me," he said," Use them to protect what you believe in."

He turned around once more, carrying a fair sized object which clanked in his arms and passed it to Aleron, while Zelda carried a smaller one and passed it to Link.

"This the armor of Hyrule, where it with pride, and it will be proud to protect you," Damadais finished.

Two solders came up and carried Link's and Aleron's things away for safe keeping.

The crowd, after waiting several moments, began to clap and cheer. Link stepped aside and smiled.

"See it wasn't so bad, and good job at the end there... Thanks for that... It really meant something to me, and I'm sure it meant something to your mother as well," Aleron said whispering, putting his had on his son's shoulder. Link nodded, signaling his silent thanks.

Damadais stood up.

"So! Let the festivities begin," he said over the crowd in a booming joyful voice," Theres food for everyone and these two new knight get first pickings. The guards and solders here themselves have prepared and planned the meal just for these two."

Link's face brightened at the mention of food. He followed his father to the large tables. Link almost teared up, overwhelmed by the large amounts of overwhelming delicious aroma of meats and vegetables and warm sweet deserts.

"This is the best day ever," he said to himself.
End Notes:
Time Skip. Upcoming chapters will be a few(not many) years ahead as Link continues to grow up. Link and Zelda, being teenagers are beginning to get themselves in trouble, of course being teenagers. Will their relationship last under the pressure of teenage drama?! Aside from the love story, something is brewing in Hyrule. The Zorans and Gorons are having conflicts and an all out war over territory and land rights will soon break out. The sneaky Gerudo want to take advantage of that and pillage what they can. The hylains are becoming weary and afraid of their hostile neighbors and economy is falling due to trade failing of imports with the land of hyrule. It's up to the King and his ambassadors to help. Can Link and Aleron with the king's influence be able to stop an all out war? Find out in the upcoming chapters!
Chapter 6: Link at 15 by Tory Jessica
Author's Notes:
It's been a few years since Link has lived at the castle. He is older now, but not yet an adult.
Chapter Six
Dancing Lessons

"Why do you always have to be so immature?!" Zelda screamed at Link.

Link turned his head in Zelda's direction, carrying an annoyed expression.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said stubbornly.

Zelda stamped her foot on the ground and huffed her way out of Link's bedroom. Link moved around uncomfortably and finally shoved a load of books off his wooden table.

"Why do you always have to be so immature, blah blah blah," Link mocked quietly to himself. He plopped himself on a chair, which slightly skidded and ended with a thud on the wood floor.

Zelda and him had got into another argument. He couldn't understand her lately, she seemed so expecting of him and he couldn't make her happy. Then again he hadn't exactly been trying to make her happy.

"There is no way I'm going to get 'proper' dancing lessons," he said to himself out loud," Why should Zelda force me to do something I don't want to do. It's not like I have to dance. As a knight I'm only required to stand around and mingle with people, and that's all I really want to do."

Shaking his head, he tried to think more clearly and with a final sigh he stood up. His footsteps clattered on the stained wooden floors as he walked over to the window and opened it to let the breeze in. From all his years of experience, he knew better then to fight with Zelda. Not only because it was just plain unwise, but he knew they he would not get anywhere with it.

It seemed odd to him to be replaying over the lessons he learned as an adult, and applying them to more then just battle.

"I suppose I have to admit to defeat then," he said to himself. He laughed at the thought that the only person, so far, that could break him, was the beautiful princess. He sighed, leaned over and let his forehead hit the window sill.

* * *

"Come on, one more time! And...! One, two, three, one, two, three, one, two, three... There you go! You have it now. You're a quick learner," said the dance teacher.

Zelda stood off to the side, looking softly at Link, while Link kept giving her nervous glances.

"I wish some of my other students were as quick as you. And good for you too, since the King has called up a meeting in the next few nights," the dance teacher said, signaling to the violinist to stop playing.

Curiously looking at the dance, Link asked," Meeting? What meeting?"

"You didn't know Link?" asked Zelda, as she walked on the dance floor," My dad's called a meeting tonight. All races of Hyrule are invited, and their leaders are to join together at the meeting."

"Why does this require dancing?" Link asked.

"Well dancing is a wonderful ice breaker. Food, music, and enjoyable activity, make it easier for a leader to suggest some... um, let's just say, unwanted ideas," the teacher finished off.

Without a moment for Link to continue questioning, the teacher turned and walked off. Her tight pulled up gray haired bun wobbled, as her purple attire flowed gracefully as she walked.

Link turned to Zelda, whose face was turned down.

"What's wrong Zel?" Link asked, sensing something was wrong.

"I'm sorry," she said not looking up.

Link huffed out a small laugh.

"Don't worry about it... Sorry I was so immature," he said with a bit of mock on the last word.

She looked up at him with a smile.

"I thought you were so mad at me," she said messing with her dress. Link followed her out of the ball room and into the court yard.

"Do you want to do anything today, Link?" Zelda asked," I'm getting bored of being cooped up in the castle and stuck in this dress."

"I can get you out of that dress," Link muttered under his breath.

"Excuse me?" Zelda said with disbelief on her voice. Link blushed, realizing what he had actually said and implied.

"... Sorry," was all he could say.

"No, what did you say," Zelda asked quickly standing in front of him, eying him with a smile.

"N-nothing Zelda! God, this isn't very proper of a princess," he said taking a step back, a very large nervousness shaking his stomach.

"Didn't I just say I wanted to get out of here? Proper? You must be joking," she said.

Link shook his head, shocked.

"Come on, let's get out of here," she said rushing off.

Link stared after her, and he wondered who was suppose to be the goody-two-shoes around here. His feet made soft sounds on the grass as he walked toward a castle door. Things had certainly changed between them though. He knew he loved Zelda, and it was a pure love at that. However, there were other things on his mind now about her. Being close to her was always a joy, but he wanted to get, somehow, closer. He was unsure of how he could do that, and on the same token he had also thought of her more then just a loving companion. As she grew, her physical appearance seemed more and more appealing, and he had this odd urge of wanting to touch all of it. The castle door shut behind him and he headed toward a flight of stairs. The way she had acted today when he had let his thoughts be voiced for a moment, just made her more tempting. Finally, he reached the top of the stairs, which seem to whiz by him in a flash, and towards his bedroom door he went. Thundering loudly in his chest, his heart raced as he continued his lustful thoughts over Zelda. He remembered over his 15th birthday just a few weeks ago, when she wore a very pretty summer dress. The cloth was thin, with flower designs on it, and instead of sleeves, it had straps. The straps gave the liberty of him being able to see quiet a bit of her skin, from the top of her slender collar bone, to the very top of her bosom. The dark wooden door slightly creaked as he walked into his room. The dress also reached right above her knees, so it revealed the bottom her legs as well. The door closed behind him.

Link shook his head rapidly.

"Stop it!" he told himself. This was no time to be putting himself into that kind of state of mind. After reaching his wardrobe, opening it, he pulled out an extra tunic and leggings. He wasn't sure if he need the extra clothing, but then again knowing Zelda he would need them. As he turned to walk out his door, Zelda rushed through.

"Ready to go?" she asked setting aside a small brown satchel. She had changed into a set of brown leather commoner shorts, leather vest, and a white flowing shirt. Her feet were wearing a set of light leather boots as well.

Link nodded at her inquiry and they left his room.

Passing through secret passageways and escapes, Link and Zelda were on the outskirts of the castle grounds. Turning his head Link looked back at the grand castle.

"What time should we be getting back?" Link asked.

"When the sun sits a hand and a half above the horizon, that way we make it back in time to wash and ready our selves for dinner," she replied. Link agreed and they headed onward.

"Where do you want to go today?" he asked as she walked ahead of him.

"Death Mountain, a mountain hike sounds like fun," she said.

Link shook his head, "No. Death Mountain is dangerous if you where shorts. Wouldn't want to mark up those pretty legs of yours."

Zelda laugh.

"For one thank you, you're sweet. Two, you know I've never been 'girly'. And what about you? You know all that protected wearing that oh-so-manly tunic and leggings of yours," Zelda replied with a hint of mock tone.

"Hey," Link spat in playful defense," I like wearing a tunic and leggings. It.... breathes."

"Breathes?"

"Yes.. breathes..."

Zelda look flustered for a moment and then laughed.

"Oh... breathes..."

"Yes..."

Onward they went to Karkariko village and up Death Mountain. The path up Death Mountain wasn't as dangerous as Link made it out to seem, since the Gorons had cleaved their paths through by strenuous rolling. Even the volcano was silent and peaceful.

They rested on a cliff, peering down into the valley where Karkariko lay.

"Link.. who was the sage of fire again?" Zelda asked.

Link wanted to laugh at her.

"I complete you forgot already it was...," Link paused as he tried to say the fire sages name, but couldn't remember.

"..Wait," he paused again," Was there a fire sage?"

Zelda stared at with confusion then replied, "I don't think so, now that I think about."

They both shrugged and decided not to worry about it.

"We should head back. The sun is low," Link said. Zelda nodded and they both packed up to head back.
The New Council by Tory Jessica
Author's Notes:
Hey guys. It's been a while since I've last posted, and a much longer time since I even first began writing this. I think I was 15? Wow three years ago and I'm a loser so it's taken forever, ha ha. My writing improves as I get older though, since my school teaches English and writing quite well. So if it's your first time reading this and you see a gradual change in style from the beginning until now and futher on, well now you know why. Well, time to kick up some tunes and finish chapter 7!
Link looked over himself in his bedroom mirror.

"Looking pretty nice,if I do say so myself," Link said to himself.

The day of the Grand Ball and the King's mysterious meeting was finally here and Link was just finishing getting ready to go down to the Ballroom. There was a knock at the door and a maid walked in.

"My lord, Princess Zelda is ready for you when you are ready," the maid said.

"Thank you," Link replied," Tell her I'm ready and I'm on my way."

The maid nodded and shut the door. Link looked in the mirror one last time before exiting his bedroom.

* * *

Zelda and Link, arm in arm, slowly descended the large staircase into the Ballroom, after being announced.

"Should we dance?" Link asked Zelda. Zelda shook her head. Link could tell she was nervous.
"Hey, it's going to be okay," he said while grabbing gently on to her hand. She smiled with thanks at him and began leading him into the room more.
The crowd was overwhelming and bits of conversation could be heard everywhere.
"What do you think the King is going to announce at the meeting?"
"Do you think there's trouble in the castle?"
"Did you hear about the wedding?"
"Some kind of shadowy creature has been seen sulking around Gerudo valley, but it can't seem to get in. Once it's spotted it disappears."

Link shook his head at all the noise and was thankful for Zelda, she seemed to know exactly where to go. She led them to her father.

"Hello Zelda, Link. Enjoying yourselves?" the King asked. Link just shrugged with a slightly confused look on his face, and Zelda smiled and nodded.

"Well just enjoy yourself while you can.. There might be trouble," he said.

"Father, what do you mean? There's been so much rumor around this meeting of yours. What's going to happen?" Zelda asked with a slight authority to her voice.

However, the King just shook his head and motioned for them to go on. Zelda sighed and stepped out onto the dance floor, dragging Link with her.

"He doesn't tell me anything," she said once they began dancing in the crowded room.

"Zel, are you okay?" Link asked, but Zelda just shook her head. He took the hint and didn't ask any further.

The music came to an end and the King could be seen standing up from his throne.
"Welcome everybody to Hyrule castle," he announced. There was a round of applause.
"I would like to thank everyone who has come tonight. It's wonderful to see old friends and new ones. I hope you enjoy the foods, they have been specially prepared for you," he continued.

"The rock sirloin is great!" shouted a Goron.

Damadais laughed and continued. "The meeting will be called soon, but please, until then relax and enjoy yourself."

There was another round of applause and the music started up again. This time Link and Zelda went off to the side. Zelda sighed heavily again and Link looked over at it. He had to do something to try and make her feel better.
"Zel," he began.

"Link!" said a man's voice. Aleron, Link's father, cut through the crowd toward them.
"Link, I need to talk to you before the meeting is going to start," he said. Link looked desperately over at Zelda, but she began to walk away. He shook his head and looked at his father.

"Yes, sir," Link said.

"Come outside with me, so we can have some privacy," Aleron replied. Link followed his father out of the Ballroom in the the hallway. It was full of empty and lavishly decorated and brightly lit walls.

"I know what the meeting is about and it concerns me," Aleron began and after a pause he continued," The King is going to ask the other races for an alliance, stronger then the one we already have. He is even going to ask for the Gerudo to be apart it."

"I think that's a great idea. Why should we be concerned about it?" Link asked.

Aleron looked at his son with an odd expression, like Link was supposed to have picked up on something.

"The Gerudo boy, the Gerudo. Why would the King allow a council with those thieves? It was they who started the war 15 years ago. It's their fault I never had a son for 10 years and the reason why your mother died. I don't want a part of this if he's going to allow it," he said.

Link was slightly offended. He knew little of the war that happened before his birth, but he did know Nabooru.

"Dad, whatever happened 15 years ago, happened 15 years ago. You have to forgive people, or there will only be wars in the future. With this council and alliance it may be possible to never have another war again," Link replied.

Aleron took a step back away from Link, looking at him with disbelief.

"I see... If that's the way you wish to have, fine then. But I won't be here for it. At the meeting, I'm announcing my leave. I will not be apart of this catastrophe waiting to happen," he said.

"Dad no, you can't leave," Link said, but it was too late, Aleron had already walked away. Link looked at the ground and kicked it.
"Fine, go then... Who needs ya'," Link said quietly to himself.

Link walked into the Ballroom again and went strait to the food tables. Filling up a plate for himself and obtaining a glass of juice, he sat down at a lonely table.
Where are my memories? by Tory Jessica
Author's Notes:
Expect Chapter 9 very soon. Of course now that I've said it, it will probably be a while. I am in a very VERY creative mood though. Writing, drawing, and music are all coming from all orifices of my body tonight XD.
It had been half an hour since his father had told him that he was going to announce his leave. No one bothered him while he sat at his lonesome table, eating slowly.

"Don't care if you go..," Link was grumbling to himself. Wiping away his hands, Link looked around the Ballroom. People certainly seemed to enjoy themselves, it was too bad he couldn't. Zelda made her way to Link's table and sat down beside him.

"I wish this stupid meeting would start," Zelda complained.

"You and me both Zel," Link replied.

"Is he delaying or something?"

"Beats me... I think it's unfair that your father would create this dreadful suspension."
Zelda nodded in agreement.

Link looked towards the King and saw that a Zoran warrior walked up to him and whispered in his ear. The King nodded and stood up.

"Everyone, everyone.. Please I would like your attention," the King began. The room slowly hushed down.
"Thank you very much. Now our meeting is going to begin. I would like the leaders or representatives of the Zoran, Goron, and Gerudo tribes along with my daughter, Sir Link, Sir Aleron, and to follow me in the meeting hall."

There was a round of murmur amongst the guests, by those who were called did as they were told. Link saw Darunia and Ruto follow Zelda and him after the King.
Where is Nabooru? Link pondered to himself.

Once in the meeting hall, the large wooden doors were shut cutting out the noise from the Ballroom. Everyone sat down in a sit, with the King and Zelda near the far end. The King stood up once more.

"Thank you once again for-," he began but was cut off by Darunia.

"Damadais, please stop with the thanks yous. You sound like a baby goron whose about to roll down the mountain for their first time," Darunia said. The King nodded.

"I guess I'll get strait to the point," Damadais replied. He sat down once again and a guard brought him scrolls of parchment paper.
"The reason why I have called you are here, is because I want to make an alliance and a council. It would be called The Hyrulian High Council," Damadais began.

"There could be no such thing! With this council the very authority of the respectful leaders would be put in question, and I know my father would dislike that very much," Ruto cut in.

"You mistake me your highness. I do not mean to call this council in order for them to be an overruling body. I only mean to call it so that there will be representatives across the Kingdoms for each respectful body of people. The High Council will have no authority in each others district and will be used solely for problems that will affect all of us. The representatives will be called at a set time, during times of the year to discuss any problems amongst us that need to be addressed. If there is a problem that one of the other kingdoms could assist with, then help will be fully extended," Damadais explained.

"There is also another reason why I am calling this. There have been rumors of a dark figure roaming about the lands, causing small but very noticeable trouble sporadically. This concerns me. I do not want another war," the King finished.

Darunia nodded.
"It seems you have gone through much trouble to try and ease this to our attention. I appreciate your concerns... As leader of the Goron tribe.. I will agree to this council. Karkariko village sits at the base of my mountain and they have always been friendly. I do not expect bad things from them or the ones who live in Hyrule town and would be willing to help any of them," Darunia finished. Link clapped a little bit and nodded at him, and Darunia nodded back.

"Hmph... I will have to discuss this with my father. Before I do I would like to know what is going to happen to the Gerudo, who did not show up, and the rumors of those who live in the forest," Ruto demanded.

"I planned sending the captain of the army to Gerudo valley to-," Damadais began.

"I will not be going to Gerudo valley," Aleron interrupted the King. Link shot a look at his father, who wasn't looking at him.

"Aleron, but you must," Damadais said.

"I am sorry, but I can not agree to such terms. I plan on entering retirement again and if it is true that a Gerudo is going to apart of this council, then I want none of it and so I will plan to stay in retirement," Aleron said looking down at the table. Link shook his head, slouched his shoulders, and felt a deep heavy weight pull at his heart.

"Then.. who can we send?" Damadais said more to himself.

"I don't think we should send anyone. They should have come here in the first place," Ruto remarked. Link slammed his hands on the table.

"This discrimination is ridiculous! It needs to end! I don't know what happened back 15 years ago, nor do I really care. I will go to Gerudo valley," Link angrily announced.

There was a long pause.

"Is it settled then? We'll meet again, once Link has done his errand in Gerudo valley," Darunia asked.
Damadais nodded.

"What about the forest," Ruto asked, a bit more softer with her speech.

"I'll check it out," Link said looking away from them. Darunia looked at suspiciously, but didn't say anything.

"I will begin to gather the gorons and tell them what is going to happen," Darunia said. With that he turned around and left.

Ruto nodded. "I will discuss this with my father. I do think this is a wonderful idea, myself, but please bear in mind the Zora are a stubborn and proud race. I apologize in advance for any trouble and arguing that will come," she said giving one last look at Link, with guilt written in her face.

With the others gone, Damadais turned to Aleron.
"Is what you are saying true Aleron?" Damadais asked. Aleron nodded.

"It is your highness," Aleron said with unnecessary formality that only showed due to his anger. Damadais nodded.

"I see you have lost faith in my wisdom Sir," Damadais replied. With that Aleron walked away and disappeared behind the meeting hall doors towards the courtyards. Damadais turned and faced Link.

"It's up to you Link then," he said. Link nodded.
It always is. Can't seem to rely on anybody, not even my own family. Link thought to himself.

* * *

Link sped quickly across Hyrule field on Storm. The long travel required his stronger horse, for the endurance. The sun was beginning to set and he needed to make camp. He chose to camp next to a lonesome tree. While cooking a dinner and feeding his horse, Link's mind ran over Ruto.

"There's something about her that I just can't put my finger on... I know she gave me the spiritual stone of water.. What else did she do?" Link pondered out loudly to his horse. He shrugged his shoulders and the question and wondering slowly faded away from him. He looked up into the sky and saw a large bird flying above.

"I wonder if Nabooru will remember she is the sage of spirit," Link pondered some more, "Zelda remembered she was the sage of time." Link again found himself trying to remember something that wasn't there. He counted on his fingers the sages he knew, and could only remember Nabooru, Zelda, and Impa. He shook his head again.

"Am I loosing my memory? If I am where are they going Storm?" Link asked his horse. The horse just continued to eat the oats in the bag hooked to it's head. Link shrugged, this horse was not Epona.
The Assembling of the Sages by Tory Jessica
Authors Note: Hey everybody! So it's my Yule break so I will be writing much more often now. I just have to stop reading other peoples fics, because it's messing with my eyes. They need to change the colors or something, yellow on black makes my pupils dilate. >.O At any rate, I know this fic has been dragging out some and I apologize for that. It's just I know parts of what I want to write and I need to put some cushion in the middle so I don't jump from one point to another, then it'd be too short. However, my writing has improved and I'm a bit more creative lately. The stars must be in my alignment. ^_^ So, I'm taking full advantage of that. Please rate, and more importantly, leave me reviews. I love feed back. (P/S Check out my profile, I have the LoZ:TP Master Sword, yes be jealous lol. XD)
The Assembling of the Sages

Linked stretched out his arms and yawned as the bright Hyrulian sun glittered over the horizon. It would take another days time to reach Gerudo valley. Hopefully, Nabooru would remember him. Dousing out his fire and packing up his things, Link was ready to set off. Mounting Storm he urged him towards the red rocky terrain in the distance that was Gerudo's valley.

* * *

The sun slowly set against the red rock of the Gerudo towards the west. It had been a long time since he visited the Gerudo's. Just as he thought about it, he wondered about his pass to the camp. He forgot to bring it along with, though he couldn't understand why he forgotten it at all. He was relying on his previous alliance.

Slowly he crossed the bridge and stopped in front of the purple clad women guards.

"Ugh not another Hylian," the one on his left protested.

"Do you think we are so stupid as to fall for your tricks? We want no part of your meeting, we know it is a trap to capture us," the one to his right complained.

"I am not here asking for you to come to the meeting, for it has already passed. I wish to seek an audience with your leader Nabooru. She should know me, go and fetch her and tell her Sir Link is here," Link replied with authority in his voice.

Both of the guards laughed at him hysterically.

"You have got to be kidding me!" the one to his right said between laughs," Sir Link? Bah, you're barely old enough to be a swords boy. Telling us your are a knight of Hyrule! I aught to smack you for such disrespect for lying to us Gerudo."

Link grew inwardly annoyed but did not show it on his face. How was he to get in now with out trying to fight them? Storm shook his head and whinnied a little. Link nodded and turned his horse around. He could here the women laughing behind him.

"Looks like I will have to do this the hard way," he told himself.

* * *

Link camped just out side of the valley and waited till night fall. Leaving Storm to wait for him, Link went back into the valley again. Using the night fall cover Link quietly approached, whilst still hiding, up to where the guards were. Using a make shift sling shot he aimed carefully to the other side of the ravine just past the guards head. Both of the women looked behind them quickly, then back towards where Link hid in the shadows.

"You think you could distract us?!" one of them shouted.

"It's foolish, we'll never leave our posts!" said the other one.

Just as she finished, Link aimed for her head, this time using a tightly wrapped ball of linen. He released and it knocked her out. He knew using a rock in a sling shot might have harmed her extremely. The other women gasped and knelt down beside her. Link took his cue and rushed the woman. Before she had time to react, Link had her disarmed with arms behind her back and he quickly lodged another ball of linen into mouth and strapped it around her head, as a makeshift gag. The woman struggled and tried to make break free. Link kicked the inside of her legs and was already pulling out a rope from his pouch with a hand he was able to loosen. The Gerudo grimaced as she was forced to buckle down. Once he tied her hands he drug to the other side of the bridge and hid her in the shadows. While retrieving the unconscious woman he heard someone call out a name, obviously one of the guards. He looked around for a key, but could not find one. Pulling as quietly and quickly as he could, Link dragged the unconscious woman next to the tied one. The tied one made no effort to move and just gave him a smirk look towards him. He didn't understand why but didn't have much time to find out. There was a large blunt stroke to his head and all he saw was black.

"Ugh.. I uh.. What the?" Link said rubbing his head. It throbbed with a dull but painful ache. He felt someone grab his collar and ruffly pull him up. He looked up to see it was a white clad Gerudo, similarly dressed as Nabooru, but it wasn't her. He half expected to be thrown into a dungeon.

"What's going on?" Link asked still rubbing his head.

"I'd like for you to tell me the same thing. Why is it you Hylians are so determined to get us to the castle?" the woman asked.

"I want to speak to Nabooru," Link demanded. He shook his head a little bit. The white clad woman chuckled a bit.

"Still persistent are we?' she said, "Fine you can talk to Nabooru. Only after you defeat me in match."

Link sighed but nodded in agreement. He was handed a sword, much lighter then he was used too. The woman backed off from him slightly and he readied himself in a stance. He tried to remember what fighting them was like. He knew they were quick and you had to dodge most of their moves and wait for the opportune moment.

"Stop it right now! Do you have any idea who this is?" shouted a familiar woman's voice. The Gerudo clad in white backed away from Link immediately and Link dropped the sword that was given to him. Nabooru stepped into the stone room. Link smiled at her enthusiastically and she smiled in return.

"Grown up a little bit have we?" Nabooru said and then motioned him to follow her and he did so.

"Wow, it's been so long Nabooru," Link said. Nabooru nodded.

"Or you could say it never was," she said quizzically. Link looked at her back oddly as he followed her.

"What ever do you mean?" Link said. Nabooru just laughed.

"Nothin' boy, nothin'," she replied.

Nabooru led Link to her chambers and invited him in.

"So I do wonder, what brings the Hero of Time to my fortress?" Nabooru inquired. Link cleared his throat.

"The King requested, about a week ago, an audience with the leaders or representatives of the kingdoms nearby Hyrule Castle. You were invited, and you didn't even send a reply," Link finished. Nabooru shook her head.

"You don't understand my boy. The Gerudo are thieves. We're not truly a kingdom," Nabooru began, but Link interrupted her.

"But Nabooru, as the Sage of Spirit you should understand how important an alliance would be between our nations," Link said. Nabooru shook her head again.

"Your King may be inviting but I know for sure not all the Hylians will be," she said," No I will not subject my people to discrimination."

"You're discriminating against the Hylians for refusing such an opportunity," he said infuriated.

"We would risk having to change our ways for the sake of this alliance," Nabooru argued refusing to raise her voice at her respected friend. Link calmed.

"I know change is a scary thing, but I don't want something bad to happen to my friends. Do you want to risk another war or a possible uprising of an evil tyrant link Ganondorf again?" Link replied. Nabooru still refused.

"You are naive and ignorant to the will of people if you believe something as simple as this alliance could help the long embedded hatred of the Gerudo, Link. You are courageous and kind hearted for trying though and I applaud your valiant efforts," Nabooru said, turning her back to him.

"Nabooru please. We're not asking to rule you or even ask you to change your ways. In the meeting we discussed setting up a High Council, with representatives from each of the kingdoms, to prevent violence and address problems that could affect all of us. We're not asking much please. There could be so much good out of it," Link pleaded again, determined to change her mind. Nabooru sighed and finally laughed.

"I will have an audience with your King to discuss things over. I doubt a true alliance could come out of this, however, why did you not suggest the high council be filled with you and the sages?" Nabooru said at last.

Link was about to answer but couldn't think of why it didn't occur to him to do so. He just shrugged. Nabooru turned around with the question still in her eyes.

"I don't know...," Link said finally. Nabooru nodded.

"Very well then. I will try for the alliance. I will talk to my people and then go. If my people are in too much suspicion of this then I will not comply on being on the high council for them, but I will go there as it would be responsibility as the Sage of Spirit. Meanwhile, you should stay here tonight, clean yourself and eat, and then go to the other sages. The only one you may have to inquire is the Sage of Forests, Saria," Nabooru replied. Link looked at her oddly.

"How did you know about Saria? I thought the Kokiri were secret... and she's the Sage of Forests?" Link questioned. It was Nabooru's turn to give Link an odd look.

"Link... You defeated the monster in the forest temple as an adult and awakened her as the Sage of Forests," Nabooru reminded him. Link for the life of him couldn't remember it.

"I guess it's just been so long since it had happened that I don't remember it any more, but I trust you when you say it," Link replied. Nabooru nodded but held her face with concern.

"Go to sleep now boy, follow me and I'll show you a room," she said.

* * *

Link sped off towards the forest. He left Gerudo Valley a day and a half ago and was making perfect time. He was still troubled by the fact that he didn't remember that Saria was the Sage of Forests. If Nabooru said she was though, it must be true, for she was the Sage of Spirit and would know better. What was happening to him? Was this some kind of design of the Goddesses. Was he suppose to forget the Sages> How long would when he would forget about Impa and Nabooru? What about his memories of defeating Ganondorf?

It was near sunset by the time Link entered the forest. Would he dare venture in? He remembered about how Mido attacked him while he was here five years ago. Would it be the same? With those memories he decided to wait to go into Kokiri forest. It didn't take long, but there was time enough for him to eat a little bit and wash his face. Again with night fall cover Link snuck into his old home. It was quiet. All of the little Kokiri had gone to bed, to avoid the fabled monsters. There was a small sense of homesickness in his heart. If only he could come back to meet all his old friends for just a little while with out being pushed out. It was fate though, to live in obscurity. The entrance to the Lost Woods was the same as he remembered. Something about this forest seemed to persevere through time itself, only growing more nostalgic with each passing year. It took him a little while to find his way back to the Forest Temple and sure enough, like Nabooru had promised, Saria was waiting for him. She seemed to radiate before him, it had been a long time since he last saw her.

Saria's eye lit up and she jumped up into his arms, now that he was taller.

"Oh Link! It's been so long!" she said hugging tightly onto him. Link laughed with jubilee.

"It has been hasn't it," he replied. Saria jumped back down.

"You don't even have to say anything," Saria said," Nabooru contacted me in my dreams last night and told me everything. And before you ask, yes I am totally willing to meet with you on this council," she said quiet quickly. Link was shocked at the communication that the sages had.
"I've also contacted the other sages, of course Impa and Zelda already know what's going on, but Darunia and Ruto have also agreed to join the High Council not only as representatives for their kingdoms but also more so as the Sages."
Link again was quiet shocked, but still had one question left.

"Will you be representing the Kokiri as well as the Sage?" he said. Saria looked around.

"Well... I was a little unsure if should, but after talking to the Deku Tree, I believed that I should. The Deku Tree feels that there is something the sages haven't picked up on yet and that the Kokiri will need more then the protection of the forest in the future. He advised me not to tell the Kokiri right now, but in the future I may have too," Saria replied.

"What do you mean that there's something the sages haven't picked up on yet?" Link asked slightly worried. Saria shook her head and Link could sense the Kokiri child-like attitude in her. The care free-worry about it when you need too, attitude. Maybe that is what he should do? Link nodded in response.

"Well whenever the meeting of the High Council is going to happen, just let Impa know a days head of time. I will be there on the dawn of the day of the meeting, but I may need you to escort me in," she said smiling at him. Link nodded.

"It's settled then, the assembling of the sages has been done," he said.
The High Council by Tory Jessica
Author's Note: So this is the last chapter of the 'Teenage Saga'. To be honest I really do hope to end this soon or at least when I write the 'meat' of the story in the adult era that will at least give me more creativity. I keep thinking about the fic 'Shooting Stars' and I really want to start on this, but I feel obliged to finish this, or at least get to a decent part of it.

Link hurried down the stairs of the castle, passing by guards and servants alike. The meeting and organizing of the High Council was finally at hand and Link was going to get to see Saria again. Bolting across the drawbridge and down Royal Lane, he met Saria at the gate. She was standing there conversing with the guard, who opened the gate at Link's arrival.

"Mornin' Captain. You guest is safe and sound," the guard said to Link.

"Thank you much sir," Link replied. Saria looked up at her friend and smiled. It had been a while. Following his gesture, Saria and him headed towards the castle. They talked about things that had passed and how they were each doing. Link didn't mention that he had forgotten about her being the Sage of Forests, something about the whole situation frightened him.

"So what's the news on you and Zelda?" Saria asked, poking his shoulder a bit.

"What are you talking about?" he said shyly. Saria just giggled.

"Okay then, if you're really not that willing to open up, I'll just ask later," she replied. Link shook his and turned his face away, to hide the color building in his face.

Saria was welcomed graciously into the castle, with smiles and pleasant greetings. Link showed her the sleeping quarters she was going to stay at while she was at the castle. Link made sure it was comfortable for her, requesting that several plants and flowers decorate the room. Saria was absolutely delighted with how it turned out. There was a grand four poster bed, with a velvet green comforter and gold fabric pillows. Along the crown molding of the walls, a vine plant of morning glories was entwined on several dried fragrant hung branches. The vine started in a pot on a small end table, crawled up the wall, around the ceiling and hung where it had begun again. The balcony opening had several flower pots, where several beautiful different flowers were growing. They attracted humming birds and butterflies. The vanity had several fake roses on it and chair was carved to resemble a lavishly decorated tree stump with branches for the back support that also had carved pictures of small forest creatures on it. Link also smiled, nothing was too good for his friend.

"There's a wardrobe, right there," Link said pointing to the wardrobe against the same wall as the door," If you want some fresh air, that's a the balcony," he pointed to the closed glass balcony doors parrallel to them," that's where you can 'freshen-up' as Zelda would say," the vanity was against the wall to their right," and your bed." He finished pointing towards the bed against the left wall. Saria turned and hugged.

"Thank you so much Link. It's so nice," she said joyfully. Link nodded. She walked over to the bed and put her bag on it then followed him out of the room.

"I'm finally going to be able to meet all of the sages in person. I wonder what's going to come out of this?" Saria said. Link shrugged, he was hoping all would go well. Link showed Saria to the main royal den, where Zelda and the King waited for them. Zelda stood up and curtsied, while Damadais stood and bowed his head a little bit. Saria smiled and bowed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you your Majesty, your Highness," she said in a regal tone. Link was impressed by her, he never expected Saria to be able to act so formal. Then again, she was a sage, whether he remembered it or not.

After Damadais sat down, everyone else did. He offered Saria some tea or cakes, and she politely refused, she already ate, was her excuse.

"It's a pleasure to meet the Sage of Forests, and for the first time ever, an actual Kokiri being," Zelda said,"I never knew they existed." Link could tell she was lying, because he told her all about the Kokiri, but he figured she was doing because of her father.

Saria nodded.

"Well I'm glad it's me that your meeting first," she replied. The King nodded.

"So, the Kokiri are those who live in the forest and stay as children?" the King asked. Saria nodded.
"Why do you never leave the forest, with the exception of you?"

"The Kokiri are supposed to remain secret. We are the kindred spirits of the forests and that's where we belong. The forest breathes life to us, and in a way I believe we breath life to it. We are born as forest spirits from the Deku tree and take the form of what the Deku Tree wishes. The form we take usually adapts to how the forests are doing. Although I have never known the Kokiri to take any other form then that as children, but I also have not been living long enough to see any other form," she explained. The King tried to understand and just shook his head. There was a knock at the den door and a messenger walked in.

"Sir Link, the guard at the gate needs a verification. A Gerudo woman is here and he believes it's Nabooru but doesn't want to let in an impostor, we need you to approve," the messenger said. Link nodded and stood up.

"If you will all excuse me," he said. Everyone nodded him away. Link followed the messenger out back to the gate and sure enough, it was really Nabooru. She was let in immediately. Link had an urgent question for her.

"Nabooru, did the-" he began but she immediately cut him off.

"The Gerudo do not wished to be recognized in this new council," she said with a distant tone. Link was about to ask her what's wrong, but heard a tantalizing voice.

"It's Link! Oh how nice of you to meet me at the gate," said Ruto's voice. Link smiled with politeness and turned to face the gate. Ruto and Darunia were at the gate, the guard let them in. They both were followed by Goron and Zora escorts alike.

"It's nice to see you again brother," Darunia said, giving Link a large pat on the back, which winded him.

"Uh.. ack, Nice to see you again as well, Darunia,"Link replied after coughing a bit. Link escorted the three sages back to the den where Saria, Zelda, Damadais, and now Impa, waited for them. Everyone took a seat around the den and exchanged hellos and greetings. It looked more like a bunch of friends reuniting, rather then a council of sages, Link thought to himself. It gave him a warm feeling in his heart though. Peace was definitely a nice thing to have.

"Well I don't want to barrage you with questions as soon as you all get here, so I will have servants of mine take you to your respected sleeping areas. They all have been fitted to suit you comfortably," Damadais said,"If there is anything you need at all, please don't hesitate to ask."

There was a round of thank yous and everyone proceeded to their rooms.

* * *

The first meeting of the newly found High Council was at hand, and it turned out to be quiet a celebration. The King ordered a grand banquet and decorated the ball room. During the first meeting there was discussion of what could be done to improve relations with the different races, particularly the Gerudo's. Link was able to find out what was wrong with Nabooru at the time.

* * *

"I can not vouch for the Gerudo's. I am no longer part of the tribe. They said it was either them or the Council. I have to take responsibility as a Sage," Nabooru had said with a sad tone," I am not completely banished from them, but I am no longer the leader, nor am I allowed to be as long as I am on the council." Damadais commented that as long as she wasn't completely exiled from the Gerudo that they could at least help them if they ever needed to.

"People believe the Gerudo are nothing but thieves. Since the war though, I've never heard an account of theft from the Gerudo. I see them as a nation that should be highly respected," he remarked. Nabooru smiled and thanked him for his kind words.

After the meeting had commenced, there was dancing and a feast to welcome the new High Council. Many people saw this as an opportunity to get culture exchanges and learn more of others. It was a grand time of sharing. How long would this last though?
Chapter 11 Ramla's Vision by Tory Jessica
Link stretched his arms above his head, the back of his hands sliding against the wood of his head board. He felt the cold crisp morning air flowing in from his balcony doors, he knew Zelda was outside.

After removing the deep red blankets off his body, sitting up to let the blood begin flowing normally through his body, and standing up stretching once more, he walked towards the balcony and peaked through the slightly opened doors.

She is so beautiful Link thought to himself. Hyrule's golden haired princess stood with arms against the rail, the stars beyond the distant fields framed her pink robed adorned body.

"Come out here and keep me warm," she said quietly,"Or let me keep you warm." She did not turn her head, or move her body. All the same she knew he was there.

Link did as he was told and walked out onto the balcony and wrapped his lean muscular arms around her. Her soft body warmed his bare chest, and her silk robe caressed the lower part of his legs which were bare for he wore pajama shorts.

"Did you sleep well Zel?" Link asked her. He felt her nod and a sweet scent of vanilla came off her. It intoxicated him and his long pointed ears twitched in delight.

"I always sleep well with you," she said after a moment.

"Me too," he replied.

Zelda turned around in his arms and looked up at him. The sun was rising but the hills had it blocked. The morning stars were reflected in her blue crystal eyes. Link could not contain himself and kissed her, she responded warmly. When they finally parted color had risen to Zelda's face, and it just added to the beauty.

"I love you," Link said in a whisper. Zelda laid her head on his bare well developed chest.

"I love you too."

A couple more minutes passed as they held each other in this embrace, but finally Link shivered. Even though he knew he could stand there wearing only pajama shorts for days to come with snow because she was there, his physical body still protested to the elements.

Zelda chuckled.

"You'll catch cold if you stay out here," she said. Link nodded.

"More importantly though, you need to get to your chambers," Link replied.

With that they walked back inside the room, Link shut the balcony doors behind them. Zelda left in silence, glancing at him one more time before she left and smiled at him.

Link felt an overwhelming fountain in his heart.

* * *

Link woke up for the second time that morning. Today there was going to be another High Council meeting and he needed to prepare himself.

For the past five years the High Council met four times a year to discuss what had been happening with each tribe and at each meeting a grand ball was held. It soon grew into a large social event and required a new section of the castle to be built just for the High Council and it's practices.

Tonight nothing special, just another meeting. Most likely the Zorans would discuss about the new trade route to Karkariko village, which had been decided to be built last meeting. Tonight had to be the night then, he had decided last meeting.

Link was going to announce his proposal to Zelda at the meeting. He already had Damadais's blessing, and Zelda of course had agreed.

After dressing in his finest knights jacket and dress pants, he left his room to escort Zelda to the Dining Hall for breakfast.


She was waiting for him as usual in her normal spot, just right outside her chamber door, beside the hall table that was lined with flowers. The hallway was dark, a maid had come through and doused the candle and small torches. However, a window in the distance created a dim guidance. Zelda seem to radiate though, and no amount of darkness could overcome her beauty.

* * *

After breakfast Link and Zelda walked through the courtyard. It had always been their favorite place and it was secure. After walking silently, but smiling all the way, through the courtyard to their favorite circled spot they sat down among the flowers, which began to wilt due to the oncoming winter. They never needed to talk anymore, and when they did it could range from a few small words to a whole conversation. Nothing in all of Hyrule could match their love, and soon they would be getting married. Link couldn't think of anything better.

"It's amazing isn't it, Link?" Zelda said. He nodded, he already knew what she spoke of.

"The peace, it's beautiful," he replied. Zelda suddenly shifted next to him.

"What's wrong Zel?" Link said with concern. Maybe it was just the cold breeze that just blew or maybe the way the clouds suddenly created a shadow, but he was sure he felt a sudden tension in her movement.

"I was just thinking... What if this peace is disturbed? It's always been this way but somewhere in the depths of my mind something tells me I should always be afraid of what might come, like something terrible happened to Hyrule that we can not seem to remember," she said getting quiet as she spoke.

A nerve twitched in his stomach and made him feel a slight sickness. She had stuck a cord in his mind. Even though he hadn't ever thought about it, something she said he had always felt.

He always lived in the castle, for most of his life. Ever since he was ten and had saved the princess from a terrible monster. Maybe it was the monster she was remembering? Monsters were nothing that the soldiers couldn't handle. Especially since they didn't remember seeing one for almost ten years. Before that he remembered he lived in Kokiri forest among the ever living children. He left though, being called from a dream and found himself fighting a monster who had a bounty on his head. He was made a knight for his actions and lived in the castle ever since. However, there was something missing-or something whispered more so. A secret that was lost-his life seemed empty in parts.

"I hope you're wrong Zel. How can we protect our future if we do not look at the past?" Link asked. Zelda shrugged.

"What if it never happened but still happened. An event that existed but never existed?" Zelda said," Would it matter though? It should matter I think, considering it makes me worry so much."

Link wrapped his arms around her and rocked them back and forth. The warmth between their bodies was inviting. It seemed to get chillier by the minute.

"Let's go inside, there's a deathly chill on the air," Zelda said. Link didn't like the choice of her words., but stood up all the same.

The rest of the day continued on with out consequence. Link trained with some of his men. He knew in another year the King would promote him to General. Everything seemed so perfect. He was going to marry the most wonderful woman in the world, peace reigned all over, and his comrades were well trained to keep that peace. A perfect little world.

Link dressed in a Captains uniform for the dance and meeting. He never really enjoyed the dancing, since it was a Ball dance that he last saw his father at. He knew he should've tried to contact him, but Link felt that Aleron had betrayed him. It was a stubborn will that prevented him from easing the tension between them.

Link tried not to think too much about the sad things from the past, though he couldn't really think of many, though he felt there were many. He sat at his desk, and turned his chair to face the balcony window. The sun was between sunset and high noon. He would soon have to leave his room and face the music, literally. There was a knock at his door.

"Come in," Link said. Someone entered his room, Link did not bother to turn around to look at his guest. The person walked past Link in his chair and stood at the balcony window and stared out. It was Jacy.
"How are you doing Jacy?" Link asked politely.

"Good, how about you?" Jacy asked without turning around. Link shrugged.

"I'm fine," Link said, but it was not convincing. Jacy turned around and faced him, Link adverted his eyes.

"Are you okay, Link?" Jacy asked him. Link turned to face his brown hair and eyed cousin.

"Yeah, why do you ask Jay?" Link asked. Jacy shrugged. His small frame seemed to move all at once.

Jacy was Link's cousin on his fathers side, son of Crevan. Link had become very close with his two year younger cousin since he and sister decided to come live at the castle together. Ramla was Jacy's older sister, who was three years older then Link. She was training to be the King's top advisor under Grandfather Mathais. Grandfather Mathais was Link's grandfather on his mother's side. Jacy went with her. It was dangerous for him to try and live out on his own, and some say that he couldn't live without his sister. Anyone who knew Jacy also knew they fear they carried for him. When Jacy was born he was weak and frail, nearly dieing. It was a disease some said. Whatever it was there was nothing anyone could do about it.

The past ten years brought an incredible change on them. Ramla had grown out of her shy nervousness but was still quiet. A new quiet, an observer. Jacy was still very small for his age. Even though he was growing out of his awkward teenage years, he was frail and was never able to exert himself. He did not possess any special powers like his sister did. It never brought him down though, and his confidence grew into an irresistible charm. In his short year living at the castle he had grown to be the favorite of many a Hyrulian female in town. He was also just pleasant to be around, always able to make you happy.

"I don't know, Link. You just seem really somber today. Are you nervous about your marriage announcement?" Jacy still pried. Link just shook his head., but smiled. Jacy had a charm that he could appreciate.

"No, I think it's just the cold," Link said. Jacy nodded and left it at that, he knew when to stop questioning.

"It's about time to head to the ballroom," Jacy finally said after a moments pause.

* * *

The ball was the same as normal. Boring. The whole event always had a formal tension, and Link despised it. Zelda was able to keep him cheery. She constantly flirted with him and Link would respond in the same. They were adults, but there was still a teenage streak in their hearts. Zelda asked him to dance with her, and he couldn't say no.

"So are you excited about tonight?" Zelda asked. Link smiled and nodded, finally a warmth was entering in his stomach.

"Yes, I am very excited. Once the announcement is made I'll be able to finally to marry you," Link replied. Zelda nodded and looked off in the distance.

"And we'll live happily ever after won't we?" Zelda said with an edge to her tone. Link looked at her curiously. Unfortunately now was not the time and place to ask questions. She turned to face him, feeling the concern that washed off him, and smiled.

"Don't worry about it okay," Zelda said,"I'm just paranoid."

Link thought he was finally understanding. If something were to happen, it would be devastating to the kingdom.

The music finally slowed to a halt, those who were dancing stopped and clapped for the band. The King stood up and motioned for an audience.

"Thank you everyone again for attending our 20th Ball of The High Council. It has brought many of us together and I hope we all continue growing closer. Our friendships have grown into a formidable strength, that I believe no one can break," Damadais said.

Link didn't feel right with the tone of his voice. Something seemed on edge with him as well. Was there something that Father and Daughter shared that he had not known about? Link shook his head, it's just a speech.

There was a motion made for the High Council to meet.

Link and Zelda made their way to the council room. There was a large round table in the middle. At the northern side the table was shaped into a throne. Damadais sat at the throne. To the left his Advisor sat and to his right Zelda would sit. Zelda and Link were made to sit separately due to formality. Beside Zelda the general of the Hyrulian army sat. Ramla sat beside Grandfather Mathais. Saria sat next to Ramla. Beside Saria sat a goron soldier, all though with the Gorons you couldn't tell the soldiers for they all looked like peaceful beings. Next to the soldier was Darunia the sage of fire and next to him was another soldier. This formal seating of a sage with soldiers was seen with all the sages. Ruto and her guards sat next to Darunia's seating. Starting with the King and going to the left and ending with Ruto's last guard made up half of the table. On the right of the king, Zelda, the general then Impa and her guards(who were Hyrulian soldiers), then Link, and then Nabooru and one gerudo. The Gerudo still refused Nabooru leadership, but over the past five years relations had finally bettered for the Gerudo and the rest of the races. There was still some threatening discrimination among the common people, but the Gerudo has said they would slowly try. What helped much was the introduction of the rich spicy culture that was of the Gerudo. No one truly wanted to compromise among the commons but things were very tolerant. It did not seem like a large threat would arise.

"Welcome my friends," Damadais said. There was a round of thank yous and hellos.

"My advisor has a list of our priorities, I would like to allow him to speak now."

Link zoned out at this moment. The advisor went on to talk about the trade route, which had grown successful. Ruto confirmed that her father was very happy, and her as a sage was also happy to see the cultural sharing that was going on. There was an announcement made by her that a hyrulian woman and zoran man were plan to be married. Damadais clapped at this, giving a message to send a congratulations to the happy couple. Ruto nodded. Darunia also sent his congratulations as well, and also commented on the events that were occurring with the new trade route. Karkariko villagers and the gorons had always done well, but thanks to this new trade route, the Zorans and Gorons were now able to connect on a more friendlier level. Damadais commented on the peace and everyone gave a here here to the events. Link knew it would be his turn soon to announce the marriage proposal to everyone and came back into focus.

"Apart from the trade route there are no other issues at hand, I would like to now give the table to Captain Link," Grandfather Mathais said. Link began to stand up but Ramla spoke up.

"There is an issue I wish to discuss before Link takes the table," Ramla said. Link looked at her in surprise.

"I do not mean to be rude, Link. Please forgive me, but this is urgent," Ramla pleaded. Her red hair was like silk at her shoulders, and it shined like fire. What Link was really looking at was her eyes though, they showed concern.

"There's no apologies needed Ramla, I believe you when you say it's urgent, my announcement can wait," Link said and sat down. Ramla nodded and her smile showed that she was relieved.

"I am very sorry again not only to Link, but to the rest of the council. This is urgent though, and to you Grand Advisor, I am also sorry," Ramla began motioning with her arms. Her voice had grown powerful in the years.

"I have had a vision," Ramla said," A terrible ominous vision."

Zelda raised her hand. Ramla nodded at Zelda, and Zelda rose.

"I too have had a vision as well, Ramla," Zelda said,"but I hope it is not the same one."

Something in Ramla's eyes told Zelda that it was the same. Ramla began.

"I had a dream of a large white orb, in the darkness. This darkness was suffocating and I could feel it all around me. I tried to run towards the orb, but it was as if I was not moving at all, all though I exerted myself as much as I could. Then out of no where I saw the fabled Triforce, shining bright over the white orb. I could not tell how large either were, for I could not tell if i was far away or right next to it. Behind me I heard a woman laughing, and when I looked to see who it was all I saw were two giant yellow cat like eyes. A deep fear set into my heart and I felt like I was collapse from shock. I woke up in my vision still, upon a soft grassy hill. The sun was showing above me and I felt at peace. I stood up and walked around this landscape, for it did not look like any part of Hyrule I had ever seen in my life. I heard a curious noise. It sounded like the jingling of keys, but in a far distance. Next thing I knew I was overlooking a rocky terrain, atop plateau. There were armies in the distance. One side had gorons, zorans, gerudo, hylains, and even the fabled sheikah. The other consisted a black mass of shadows and I could smell death even from as far as I was. A horn blew and the two armies rushed towards each other. I woke up in a cold sweat, fear rushing through my veins," Ramla finished, her voice was quiet but everyone had heard what she had said. Link tried to swallow but found his mouth and throat dry.

Zelda nodded.

"Your vision is the same as mine," Zelda said. The sages looked from one to the other.

"What do we do though?" Link said, speaking up. Several people shook their heads.

"I don't know," Ruto commented. Saria rose, standing on her chair.

"I think the sages need to gather at the temple and discuss this further," she said. Darunia nodded.

The sages, including Zelda agreed to meet at the Temple of Time in a week's time to discuss things further. No announcement of their meeting was to be made.

* * *

Link walked outside of the council chamber. People were still dancing and Link knew they wouldn't be leaving any time soon. Which meant he would not be leaving anytime soon. With Zelda at his arm, he walked out into the crowd and made their way to an empty table off to the side. Link stared off into the distance and Zelda didn't bother him. He wondered why Zel hadn't told him about the visions. He knew now it was the source of her recent discomfort and he had always told her she could talk to him about anything. He felt slightly betrayed but put it off. This wasn't the time to feel hurt over something so trivial. He would wait after the Sages meeting and see if anything else comes up.

"Link I'll be right back, okay," Zelda said. Link nodded and she left. What made him feel even more upset though, was the fact that he had to put off his wedding announcement. He knew that the threat of danger was important, so he held his tongue. The announcement would be made in due time. All he had to do was wait.

Link looked around him, watching everyone dance. It was peaceful, but underneath there now was a dangerous tension. He knew not to distrust Zelda's visions, much less Ramla's. All the sages were concerned so he knew he must be too. If something were to happen, he knew the sages would call upon him. They had been telling him in the last ten years that he was the hero of time. He knew that his time would come to show his strength. He hoped still though, that nothing would disturb his peaceful world, that whatever evil out there would leave it unmolested.

"Excuse me sir, I'm sorry to interrupt your thoughts, but I was hoping for an audience," said a silky voice.

Link looked up and stared into the yellow eyes of a black haired, pale skinned woman. As soon as eye contact hit he was intoxicated with the scent of cinnamon. The woman was voluptuous. Her waist was very small, which gave her an hour glass shape. She had a large bosom that was accented by her strapless black dress. The top of the dress started like the top of a heart, and ended just like the shape right above her pelvis. An inch or two below her breast, a strap pull the front of the dress and bow tied in the back. The rest of the dress flowed like water, and had a leg length slit on one side. The edges had lace sewn directly on the fabric, and the dress sparkled with onyx gems all over it.

The woman smiled seductively, and Link's eyes traced her deep dark purple colored lips. The true color of her lips could not be seen underneath the make up. She held a hand out to him.

"Would you like to dance?" she asked. Link could not refuse her.

They moved out onto the floor. The woman took the lead, flowing like silk over polished stone on the dance floor.

"You are a kind captain to dance with commoners," she said.

"You don't look like a commoner to me," Link replied, falling into a trance. The woman smiled showing a small opening to brilliant white teeth. The woman drew closer to him. Everything around Link seemed to grow dark and cold, but part of him did not care. Cinnamon filled the air, he could almost taste it.

"My name is Gabrielle," the woman said.

"I am Link," he replied staring into her topaz eyes.

"Oh I know who you are," she said and they swirled around once to the music.

"The legendary hero of time," she commented. Link held one of her hands above her head and twirled her. She went out, their hands still joined and she turned back into his arms. He felt no other presence around him.

"Who are you?" he asked as she continued to move them through what he though might be the crowd.

"Dragmire," she said. A chill swept through Link's spine. Something about that name put fear into his heart. Link shook his head and the darkness around him lifted, he could see everyone around him. Dancers, the band, zorans, gorons, hylians. He looked back at Gabrielle.

"Yes, you know that name, but don't know it do you. Something that never happened, yet still happened. An event that never existed, but still existed," Gabrielle said gripping her hand on Link's. Link grimaced. The woman's strength was incredible. Suddenly he felt a loss of strength.

"Link! Link! Get away from her!" said Zelda's voice miles away. Link began to fall, his head gently laid on the woman's shoulder. Cinnamon scent smothered him and made his throat dry.

"His vengeance is at hand," the woman said.
A Man In Gerudo Clothes by Tory Jessica
AN: I really have forgotten where exactly I wanted to end this. I remember beginning this story before WW and TP. Ugh, but I am a perfectionist and want to end it. So I'm just writing as I go, and hope it turns out okay.


Link shifted around, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep.

I don't want to wake up, he thought to himself.

Whatever he was laying on was cold, damp, and hard. He felt a fog around him. He turned over on his right side and placed his arm under his head.

Why can't I just go back to sleep.

However, he grew increasingly uncomfortable as consciousness seeped into his mind. His eyes shot open. A recollection of the last moments of his memory flooded through the broken dam of his waning sleep.

A woman with yellow eyes, named Gabrielle. A ball, a meeting, Zelda.

"Zelda," he said out loud. With that he sat up, holding himself with one hand on stone ground. There was a deep thick fog surrounding him, he could only see a few feet in front of him. He could tell he was outside for the light that lit up the fog was natural and he noticed moss grew on the stones.

He wasn't sure if he should shout out, or keep quiet. Waiting he listened for anything- his ears straining. All he could hear was the whisper of water that the fog made. Sitting here all day wouldn't help him any though. He stood up, still looking around. The fog made everything around him look the same. Despair washed over him, but he had to move. He walked forward, and the sound of his footsteps on the sound seem to echo out naturally, as if the stone, him, and the fog were all that existed.

* * *

Zelda mustered up all the power she had and charged at Gabrielle. In a split second she had the woman pinned on a broken table. They had crashed into it as she made the woman fly through the air with her.

"Where is he!" Zelda screamed. Her aura was golden and time around them had stopped. Grabrielle laughed, the sound filled Zelda's ears with pain. She was forced to let her go and cupped her ears to block the evil chuckling out.

Zelda held fast onto the time freeze though. The whole ballroom was black and white, peoples faces were in frozen shock and wonder. The woman floated above Zelda and the echoing laughter had stopped.

"Your little prince is now in the sacred realm, soon Ganon's vengeance will end his pitiful life. You thought you and Link could live happily, well you are sadly mistaken," Gabrielle said," Now remember my name, I am Gabrielle Dragmire! Descendant of the new King of Hyrule, I am the princess of darkness."

With that the crazed woman laughed and disappeared in a swirl of darkness.
Color returned to the halls of the ball room, and people were making gasping sounds around the room. Zelda stood up and walked past all of them, up to her father who had just entered the room, who was followed by the councilmen.

"We need to get to the Temple of Time now," she said.

* * *

Link finally sat down, his strength had completely left him. How long had he been walking? He didn't know. Where was he, he didn't know. Staring up he just saw fog. Dense, sickening, suffocating, fog.

Lost, alone, grief, despair.

"Is anyone there?!" Link shouted. Again as if shouting across a field, his voice flew over the stony foggy scape. He put his head in the palms of his hands.

"Where am I?" he whispered.

"You are in the sacred realm,"said a deep, familiar and unfamiliar voice.

The ends of his hair rose all over his body and his heart sank into his stomach. Link couldn't tell how much time had passed before he finally decided to turn around, to face the source of the voice.

A man clad in Gerudo style armor and cloth, with a long black cape, bright orange-red hair, dark bronze skin, and forbidding yellow eyes, stood six feet away. The man was closer then Link anticipated.

"Long time no see, Hero of Time," the man said. Link stood up, and faced his side to the man. Something about him kept Link on edge.

"You don't have to be afraid of me, Link. I have no motive any longer to hurt you," the Gerudo clothed man said. Link still stood in a defensive position. The man tilted his head to one side in curiosity.

"Fine, do what you want," the man said, and turned around and walked away. He quickly disappeared into the fog. Link felt panic seep into his veins.

"W-wait!" Link shouted and began to jog after the man.

"Please, just wa- Omf!" Link ran into the man's chest, for the moment he saw him through the fog it was too late. The stone ground was not an inviting landing site for his rear end. Link shook his head and looked up. The man held out a hand to him, Link took it and was raised up quickly to his feet. The man had lifted him effortlessly. Without letting go of Link's hand the man forced him to shake it. At first Link was flimsy, but then returned the shake. A smile so gentle and sincere swept over the man's face, that Link felt instantly at ease.

"I'm not going to hurt you," the man repeated. Link nodded and the man let go of his hand. The moment grew increasingly tense and awkward.

"Did they make you mute?" the man asked. Link blinked and shook his head.

"No, no.. I just...I'm uh," Link began.

"Surprised?" the man replied trying to finish Link's sentence. Link shook his head and the man tilted his head curiously.

"I.... I just... I feel like I know you, but I can't ...remember you for the life of me,"Link finally said. The mans face grew annoyed and Link took a step back. This man had a way of putting fear into your heart with just the way he looked at you.

"Can't remember?! What!" the man said raising his voice. A deep red and purple aura surrounded his body. Link took a few more steps back. This time much quicker and readied himself. He could feel the power of courage surge through his body. He glowed gold and green. The man raised a large fist into the air- Link brought his hands close to his body gathering energy into an orb.

"Arrrgghhhh!" screamed the man and his fist came flying down in a cloud of purple and black energy and hit the stone ground. Link was flown back ten feet but landed softly. Broken rock, clumps of rich soil, and moss flew around Link's head but did not hit him. Link could hear the man breathing heavily. Link let down his shield and stood up.

The man was kneeled, fist in a small crater where rich soil could be found, now black and burnt.

"You said you weren't going to hurt me," Link said defiantly. The man shook his head.

"I didn't, did I?" the man retorted. With a deep breath to regain his composure, the man stood up strait again with his eyes clothes.

"She took your memories, all of them. She is my curse, she's trying to erase my existence," the man said, but more to himself.

"What exactly is going on?" Link asked. The man opened his eyes, and Link felt a cord in his heart snap. The man's eyes spoke of such a deep loss that Link wished to never understand for himself.

"Nothing is going on," the man replied," Not anymore."

Again the man turned around and walked away again.

"Wait please, don't leave," Link called out again. The man turned around, and Link made sure not to run into him. The man held out his hand and Link shook it for a second time.

"My name is Ganondorf,"the man said. Link smiled.

"I'm Link. Captain of Regiment Six, under General Shad of Hyrule," Link replied. Ganondorf nodded.

"Prettied you up didn't they," Ganondorf remarked. It was now Link's turn to tilt his head curiously.

"Never mind boy, never mind," Ganondorf finally said. Link looked around.

"So... what exactly do we do now?" Link said. Ganondorf shrugged.

"We could walk, everything will stay the same. Yes let's do that, we'll walk and you can tell me about your life and how you got here," Ganondorf said. Link nodded, mostly because he didn't know what else to do.

Link and Ganondorf walked continuously strait, their surroundings never changing. Link told Ganondorf how he became a captain of Hyrule at age ten after saving Zelda from a vicious monster. Ganondorf snickered at this, but Link ignored it. Then how he met his father, and lived in the castle for ten years, until one night a woman came and whispered her name in his ear at the ball and then he woke up in this place.

"What did she say her name was?" Ganondorf asked.

"Gabrielle, Gabrielle Dragmire," Link replied. Ganondorf nodded but did not further comment.

"So how did you end up here?" Link asked. Ganondorf shook his head. Link tried to look up and see what his face read but couldn't. The man was almost two head lengths taller then he was.

"I once ruled over a large group of people, in a desolate dry land far far... far away from your Hyrule. I tried finding a way to relieve my people of their torture. The hot blistering sun, the choking sand, banishment from everyone else. We had to become thieves. My people were once glorious. Our ways were different and by the time I was born, discrimination and racism brought my people's morale to an all time low, but we are stubborn and did not see it fit to change our ways. I am royalty and so I was to be King. Somewhere along between childhood and adult hood, I grew mad.... I see that now, but nothing I can do can undue my mistakes. I killed many people, but I don't regret killing them mind you, I regret the ridiculous greed that grew inside me to gain power. Soon I didn't just want to return my people to former glory but I wanted everything, power over everyone. I think at one point, after gaining an item of power, my own people banished me. Someone... the only one... I think I truly ever loved outcast me from her heart... I was a monster.. then I was defeated... So it should have been. I ended up here," Ganondorf finished.

Link felt a new sense of respect for the man. Even though he must of committed atrocious crimes, to see that he now regretted and wanted to repent, Link could see that he was a good man.

"Is there anyway you can get out?" Link asked,"...a way that we can get out of here?"

Ganondorf shook his head.

"Not that I know of," Ganondorf said sadly.

"What made you stop being mad?" Link asked. Ganondorf chuckled.

"My hatred for those who defeated me, my greed, left me. It somehow seeped out of the sacred realm and into another being. I feel empty now," Ganondorf said.

"And how is it I am suppose to know you?" Link asked. Ganondorf stopped walking.

"Ganondorf?"

The man shook his head.

"Please, don't ask me that. You don't remember me and I'd like to keep it that way. I want you to know me for who I am without hatred or cruelty," the man responded. Link nodded.

"Okay..."

* * *

Zelda walked up to the door of time and placed her hand on it. Something inside radiated power into her hand.

"He's in there," Zelda said. A small girl with green hair walked beside her.

"Yes, I can feel it. The power of courage," Saria confirmed.

"I just hope he is okay, up against Ganondorf," Darunia commented behind them. Zelda shook her head.

"Link will be fine. There's nothing this Ganondorf can do to him," Zelda responded. She turned around and paced a few steps back from the door.

"So how are we going to do this?" Zelda asked.

Zelda turned around and Ruto and Darunia placing two stones on the pedestal, Saria walked towards it as well and place another one.

"Zelda on the ocarina you must play the song of time," Impa said. Zelda nodded and did as she was told. Standing in front of the pedestal she played the song of time, a song that was passed down to her through her father. Once she was done she stared at the door of time. Nothing had happened.

"Did it not work?" Nabooru asked.

Suddenly the door glowed with a brilliant golden light and opened.

* * *

Link and Ganondorf sat down on the stone floor.

"So, how long have you been here?" Link asked. The man looked up into the fog, thoughtful.

"I don't know anymore... a long time," he said.

"This place has a way of distorting time doesn't it?" Link asked. Ganondorf nodded.

"It sure does kid," he responded.

Link felt an itch. At least thats the only way he could explain it. Something kept telling him to get up and move in one direction. He could barely stand it.

"I've got to move," Link said finally and stood up. Ganondorf looked up at him.

"What's the matter with you?" Ganondorf asked. Link began to walk away.

"Wait for me!" Ganondorf said. Link didn't pay any attention to him, in fact he began walking faster, jogging, then finally running. Ganondorf ran after him.

"Where are you going!" he shouted. That is when they both saw it. A clearing in the fog, a bright shining light, and there stood the master sword.

Once Link finally reached it he skidded to a halt. The dense fog around them finally began to lift. Instinct took over and Link put one hand on the pommel of the sword and the other on the handle and lifted. Ganondorf had finally reached him and put a hand against his back, leaning over breathing heavily. There was a flash of bright blue light that blinded both of them as the sword completely came out of the stone.

"Link! Link!" said a woman's voice.

Link opened his eyes to find him self in a large stone room. Next thing he knew he was being tackled by a pink dressed blond haired being. Coming to his senses he saw Zelda's blue eyes staring into his.

"Link! Oh god Link I'm so glad you're okay!" she said and then began kissing him. Link returned what he could but still felt dazed and had to concentrate on holding onto the sword.

"Get off of me!" he heard Ganondorf shout. Link pulled Zelda away and he saw that Saria and Darunia were concentrating their powers on Ganondorf, making the man collapse.

"Stop it! Stop it! You're hurting him!" Link shouted and pulled away from Zelda. Darunia and Saria were forced to stop their assault, otherwise Link would have fell victim to their spells.

"What do you think you're doing!" Darunia shouted.

"It's the King of Darkness! Ganondorf," Ruto said from the entrance of the Master Sword room.

"So- uhn... they all remember who I am?" Ganondorf said trying to get up from the floor.

"And who could forget who you are? You fiend," Impa spat.

"I forgot who he was," Zelda remarked.

"And I did too," Link said,"And as far as I know you all have no right to hurt him. He's done nothing so far to hurt us and whatever he's done in the past he's regretted."

Ganondorf stood up and began walking towards the entrance of the Master Sword room. Ruto would not let him pass.

"Ruto let him go," Link demanded.

"No, whether you remember him or not, we all do. We remember what you did Ganondorf Dragmire! We remember how you took the triforce of power and used it to warp our beautiful land into ruin. You trapped Saria in the Forest Temple and then kidnaped Zelda to try to take her triforce of wisdom away. No we will not forget your crimes," Ruto complained. Ganondorf began to growl, but Link saw him look past Ruto into the other room, where Nabooru stood from a distance. He could see Ganondorf shake his head and then walked away from Ruto, situating himself by leaning up against a wall.

Link couldn't believe what he had just heard, not of Ganondorf. This man seemed truly good to him. All of the sages with the exception of Zelda, knew him.

"Is it true? Is it true what Ruto says?" Link asked Ganondorf. Ganondorf didn't respond, he just continued to look at the floor.

"It is true Link. Whatever he told you in the sacred realm was a lie. He used to be King of the Gerudo, before he decided to banish himself by murdering and molesting innocent people. How do you think Gabrielle came to be?" Nabooru said darkly as she walked into the Master Sword room," She is his spawn. Ramla's visions were correct. An evil with yellow eyes has come to destroy our Hyrule and I'm sure he was just waiting for an opportunity to get out. He wants his revenge and Gabrielle is just another one of his little puppets."

Link shook his head, he still didn't want to believe it.

"Revenge on what and who?" Link demanded.

"You have really lost all your memory from the events that happened, didn't you?" Saria asked.

Link looked desperately at her.

"What is there to remember? I came from Kokiri forest because I had a dream of going to the castle. I left and found Zelda almost being eaten by a monster. I saved her and have been living at the castle since," he protested.

"He doesn't have any recollection of what happened, because that dame that claims to be my daughter took his memories away from him and Zelda apparently as well," Ganondorf finally said.

"And I'm sure that was just a part of your plan to hurt them all that much more in the end," Darunia said crossin his thick rock like arms.

Ganondorf shook his head.

"I don't remember what it feels like to hate him or anyone. I made a mistake... I went mad... and while I was locked away in that God Forsaken place, my negative hatred and feelings seeped away from me. They went into Gabrielle. I had a dream, she spoke to me... she said she would get revenge for me. At that moment I didn't care. That's when I realized, the Triforce of Power was no longer on my hand. It had left me along with my hate," Ganondorf said from his leaning position. Everyone's eyes were on the Gerudo man.

"So that means, your not as dangerous as you used to be," Saria commented. Link caught Ganondorf rolling his eyes.

"How about this... Let him stay with me," Link said finally. He felt he had to defend this man, he knew he was good.

"Until he's proven that he's completely regretful for whatever he did then he'll be under my custody. I demand it as a captain of Hyrule," Link said.

"And I back Link up as being Princess of Hyrule," Zelda said.

Ganondorf looked up at Link and Zelda with a bewildered expression.

"Can't exactly go against a mandate of a princess,"Impa said.
This story archived at http://www.kasuto.net/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=2112