Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 44] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter Two
Saving the Princess Once Again

Riding on Storm and leading Whisper he entered the Kokiri forest. All of the children looked at awkwardly not knowing what to make of the horses. One Kokiri actually went up to Link and asked,” What are those?"
Link chuckled. "These are horses Lulu," he said to the girl.
"What are horses?" she asked.
"Horses are these. They are animals that people ride on to get to somewhere. This one is Storm and the other one is Whisper," Link said informing the girl.
"Wow they're pretty!" she said patting Whisper's neck. Link smiled.
"What are you doing Lulu! You're not supposed to talk to him! Not until he talks to me," said a mean voice. Link turned his head it was Mido. He rolled his eyes.
"What are doing Mido," Link asked annoyed. Mido stepped in front of Link and Storm and got a little nervous. There was nobody or anything that was taller then he, besides Link.
Mido gulped,” I um a...need to talk to you...right now..." Link rolled his eyes again, hopped off his horse, and followed Mido into his house.
"Guess what happened these past four days!" Mido sat putting his hands on a table. Link shrugged.
"The Deku Tree Sprout sprouted and I found out EVERYTHING about you! " Mido continued.
"Saria had been having weird dreams lately and she went to the Deku Tree Sprout just yesterday. She wouldn't let me come with her but I followed anyways knowing it had something to do with YOU. It always has been about you. Deku Tree Sprout said something about you coming back and Saria's dreams were true. Now all Saria does is stay in the forest in the Sacred Meadow. I found out something else too! You're not a Kokiri at all and Navi left you because you didn't need her anymore. You're a stranger to this village you always have and always will be! Now you have 10 ten days to get your stuff and go! If you're not gone by then I'm going to tell everybody what you really are!"
Link looked at Mido with so much loathing he could barely contain himself. First when Link was introduced into the Kokiri forest when he's eight, Mido does nothing but bully him, especially when he didn't get a fairy after living there for a while. Now he's telling him to leave his home, the home that he lived in for as long as he remembered. He was now being pushed out.
"Mido why the hell do you hate me so much!" Link shouted at him.
"Because you're not one of us! You look funny, act weird, lost the fairy you were never even suppose to have, showed off to everyone all the time, and made me look like a fool!" Mido shouted back.
"I never made you look like a fool, if you didn't always bully people around then maybe people wouldn't hate you so much! You're just mad because when I came along everyone realized what an ASS you were!"
Link could see Mido tearing up. He couldn't believe his eyes! Was Mido actually going to cry!
“Just shut up will you! You stupid hylian!" With this Mido lunged at Link. They rolled all over the floor Link trying to keep Mido back without hurting him.
"Just go away! Go away so I can have my friends back! I hate you, I hate you, I hate you," shouted Mido trying punch him and crying.
"Mido stop it! I don't want to hurt you. Get off me!" Link said pushing Mido off of him. Mido stood up and cornered Link.
"Mido stop it!" said a girl's voice from behind Mido. Mido twirled around to a slap in the face. He fell on the floor dazed.
"Saria?" Link and Mido both said at the same time.
"Come on Link let's get out of here," said Saria grabbing onto Link's hand. Link and Saria left Mido's house and got onto Link's horses. Saria got on Whisper and Link on Storm. They went into the Lost Woods and made their way into the Sacred Forest Meadow.
"I'm sorry about what happened Link. Mido is right though I don't think you can stay. You were always meant to leave the forest anyways," Saria said as they sat on the grass. Link was hurt.
"I guess nobody wants me here anymore," Link said sadly.
"No no no, that's not what I meant Link! I'm just saying you're not a Kokiri; you could live a much better life outside of the forest. I'm not saying you can't ever return to the forest, I would really like that. Being a Sage and all it'll be nice having company," Saria finished.
"A sage? How did you know that, that happens in the future Saria," Link replied.
"Well, when you left the Deku Tree Sprout sprouted and I started having weird dreams. I saw the future, or the future that happened, that you stopped. Rauru came to me in my dreams telling me I needed to go to the Deku Tree to awaken myself. At first I was just thinking maybe they were just dreams, but when I talked to the Deku Tree Sprout I was surprised when my powers were awoken. I felt like a new person, and so like myself in more then one-way. I found out about Navi and how you were Hylian. Unfortunately Mido overheard. Don't hate Mido for what he's doing ok. If he didn't feel so betrayed by the Kokiri he probably wouldn't have tried to push you out like that," Saria concluded.
"Betrayed how?"
"When you came here, Mido didn't like you because I became your friend and I was too busy trying to show you how to be a Kokiri instead of spending time with Mido," Saria blushed a little bit.
"What is it?"
"Mido got so mad because the day you came into the forest was the same day that Mido asked me to be his girlfriend. I didn't know what to say. Back then Mido was nice to everyone, but I really didn't feel like having a boyfriend. I didn't feel like I was destined to be with anyone. When you came and I spent time with you, Mido took me saying no more harshly then he probably should've taken it. He thought that I liked you and not him. So he got really mad and started bullying everyone around, especially you. Then no one liked him anymore," Saria finished. Link nodded finally understanding and feeling a little sorry for Mido. Link looked at his feet.

"I guess I really do need to go," Link said realizing his fate. Saria nodded and her eyes watered. She ran and hugged him.

"I'm really sorry Link. If I could change things then I would, but I can't," Saria said crying. Link shook his head.

"Don't worry about it Saria," he said. He nodded at her and hopped on his horse Storm.
"I'll come and visit ok," Link said as he road off.

"I have no idea where I'm going to go now. I'm homeless now," he said as he wondered around Hyrule field. He sighed," Maybe I'll go visit Princess Zelda, see how she is."
Then he thought for a moment.
"If Saria had dreams about the future maybe Zelda did too? Maybe she can tell me what to do!"
Link rode off to Hyrule castle so excited he didn't even notice the worried towns folk around the market place. When he reached the gates he was surprised at what he saw.
A guard lay wounded next to a blasted gate. He rode his horse up to the guard and got off helping the man sit up.
"Help the princess, she's in trouble," the guard coughed up blood onto his armor.
"What happened?” Link asked frantically.
"Some weird huge monster came; it asked to see the princess. I refused to let something of its kind in. It was angry and spit out a blast of energy that blew away the gate. A gate piece flew and it's hit my side," the guard replied coughing up more blood. Link looked at the guard’s side and sure enough there was a shredded piece of metal sticking out from his side right underneath the rib cage.
"Oh my goddesses! Don't worry I'll..." Link paused as he looked back at the guard’s face. He was dead. Link put his head down in respect of the noble guard. He crossed the guard’s arms and Link pointed his finger to his head then to his left side of his chest then to the right then to his forehead again. (Triforce symbol) Link tied up Storm and Whisper on the doorknob so they wouldn't go anywhere. He took out his sword and ran to the castle.

"Let me GO! Stop it get off me!" a girl with blonde hair and a white dress shouted.
"Mwhhahahaa! I don't think so princess! I'm waiting for someone," the monster said slyly to the princess. The monster was huge 10 feet tall with strong arms and stout legs. It had a long face with rows of sharp teeth. Saliva spilled from its mouth. His face came close to the princess's and he licked her cheek.
"Oh you are so sweet princess! I can't wait until I can devour you," the monster said evilly.

"Zelda!" shouted Impa followed by Link.
"Ah so the boy is here finally, mwhhahahaa," the monster said as he raised the princess in the air," I just wanted some party guests to share this moment of my lunch today."
"Let her go you beast!" Link shouted.
"Sure I'll let her go! Right into my mouth," the monster said. Zelda screamed. Just as the monster was going to let the princess fall into his mouth a flash of bright light blinded the monster as Impa threw a deku nut into the monsters eyes. The monster dropped the princess onto the ground shouting about being blind. As Impa caught the girl Link came up and stabbed the monster in the stomach.
"Ahhhrrrgg! How dare you!" the monster yelled and punched Link making him fly.
"Ahhh! Oomph!" Link hit a wall and fell to the ground. He stood dazed. The monster grabbed him by the arm and threw him into the air and let Link fall again. When he fell to the ground Link landed on his leg funny and he heard a SNAP!
"Ahhh!" Link screamed in pain as his leg broke.
"Mwhhahahaa! Now I'll eat you for my lunch!" The monster said as he picked Link up by his broken leg. Link shouted and cried in pain. As the monster hung Link above his mouth Link threw up because of the pain in his leg. The monster held Link aside and coughed.
"Ahrg! Nasty little Hylian!" the monster said spitting out vomit. Link swung his sword and cut off the monsters hand. The monster screamed in pain and lunged for the helpless Link on the ground. As the monster bent down to bite him, Link thrust his sword into the monsters head, killing it instantly. The monster fell on top of Link, only leaving his head from being covered.
Darkness took over Link.

There were flames surrounding Link and burning his leg.
"Someone help me please," Link cried trying to move. For some reason though some dark figure pushed Link down restraining him. Then a bright figure came and circled his body. All the flames disappeared and Link didn't hurt anymore.

Link opened his eyes. In front of him were many different people. A bald headed man, a white haired man, Zelda, and Impa.
"What's uh...going on." Link said, as he looked at all the people. Impa pulled Link up helping him sit up and put pillows behind him.
The white haired man spoke first.
"Link, I want to thank you so much for saving my daughter. If it wasn't for you then my darling Zelda would have been eaten by that wretched monster," he said. Link figured out that this was the King of Hyrule.
"It was nothing sir, err your highness... err your majesty...um..." Link said not sure what to call him. The bald head man smiled.
"I'm so glad that your ok, sir. I guess I still have that healing touch," the man said proud of his work on Link's leg. The man was finishing wrapping Link's leg in a tight bandage holding his broken leg in place.
"You're not going to be able to walk on it for a month so you better stay down and rest," he finished. Link nodded. He looked at Zelda.
"Hi princess," he said. Zelda looked like she couldn't contain herself.
"Ahhh! Link! Oh I knew you'd come and save me! Oh you're so brave Link! Thank you thank you!" she said as she lunged at him, squeezing the life nearly out of him. Impa laughed.
"Yes we are all thankful that you came Link," she said looking at the two.
"Yah.. Uh..ack...you-your welcome," he said between breaths. Zelda let him go.
"Daddy we should knight him! He's so brave and so much stronger then the guards around here," Zelda said looking up at her father. The King nodded.
"Of course! That's a splendid idea! Once Link's leg heals up we will present him with a knights sword and shield," the king said excited,
"Wow I'm going to become knighted that’s awesome!" Link replied happily.
"Daddy you're not going to make Link go home are you?" asked Zelda.
"Not while his leg is broken I'm not," said the king,” I will have inform your parents though. Where do you live Link?"
Link was silent for a few moments.
"What's wrong Link?" the king asked.
"I don't live anywhere...I don't have parents... my mother and father died in the war a long time ago. After that I lived in the forest. They don't want me there anymore though," Link said looking down sadly.
"Oh I'm so sorry Link," the King said apologetically. Impa looked over at the King.
"Why doesn't he just stay here sir? He's being knighted; if he stays here he could train the other soldiers. I'm sure he could teach them something, and I think Zelda won't be so bored with another child around," Impa suggested.
"Me! Live in the castle?" Link said surprised at Impa suggestion.
"Of course it's the least I could do for the man who saved my daughters life! Your horses can stay here too, we have a huge stable and lots of land they can play on," the King said smiling.
"Wow! Link you're going to live here! It's going to be great you'll love it! We play everyday! I know you'll love the food. Maybe you can teach me how to use a sword. This is so cool! Thank you thank you daddy," Zelda said all excited.
The King smiled happy to please both of them.
"Well we need to go and let Link rest now," the bald head man said out of no where," By the way my names Elirix. I'm the local doctor; I specialize in fairy, herb, and modern day healing. I'll be right down the hall if you need anything. I'm staying here until your leg is all fixed. Now remember no walking on it, but you will have to do leg exercises so your joints don't get stiff and weak."
The doctor handed Link a paper demonstrating various leg lifts and knee bends that he needed to do in two weeks.
"Thank you sir, it was very kind of you. You did a great job, I have no pain at all," Link said.
"Thats because of the fairy, however a dull throbbing will come in 48 hours," Elirix informed. Link nodded. A dull throbbing was a lot better then the pain he had before.
"My-my though you sure have great reflexes, even in your sleep," the doctor said.
"Yah, I had to hold you down," Impa said. Link blushed.
"Sorry I didn't mean to be such a trouble," he said embarrassed.
"Oh no trouble at all!" the doctor said,” Well I do have to be going. I have an appointment with someone in town, I'll be back as soon as I can."
The doctor left.
"Oh and Link, you'll be happy to know that the monster you killed actually had a bounty on his head for killing gerudos and gorons," Impa said handing Link a giant bag full of 5000 rupees.
"Wow!" was Link could say.
"Apparently he heard about your adventures of killing the dinosaur king, so he came here to lure you," Impa informed. Link nodded and started counting the rupees.
"Well I have to go tend to some business with the King of Bluraria. Such a nice man, and very intelligent. Says he needs to discuss matters of trading with Lon Lon Ranch," the King said and left.
"So Link, are you hungry?" Impa asked.
"Boy am I ever," he admitted forgetting his manners," oops...uh I mean, yes ma'am..." Impa laughed.
"Well then I'll be right back with dinner, Zelda are you going to dine in the dinning room? I doubt you are, you want to stay with Link don't you?" Impa asked. Zelda nodded. Impa left the room.
"Goddesses, I thought they'd never leave!" Zelda exclaimed.
"Why'd you want them to leave?" Link asked.
"I need to talk to you that's why."
"I think I know why"
Zelda nodded.
"Yes, you do know why." Zelda sighed," I remembered everything that has happened from the future. I received it in my dreams... it was like living a nightmare all over again. I almost couldn't believe myself but I know now, when you came to save me, that all of that really did happen. I'm glad I sent you back in time though, I can actually get to know you now," Zelda finished with a giggle.
"Why are you laughing?" Link said smiling.
"There's another reason why I wanted them to go, tee hee," she said her face slightly turning red.
"...What’s... that," Link said worried but curious.
"I want to show you my gratitude for saving me," Zelda replied,” Close your eyes ok"
Link closed his eyes. He felt something soft on his cheek, it felt like lips. It wasn't a short quick, almost can't feel it kiss, it was actually a sweet kiss with meaning behind it. Link blushed as he opened his eyes.
"Th-th..." Link coughed, “Thank you." Zelda blushed and nodded. Then she moved her eyes side to side and up and down.
"What is it," Link said, “Looks like you want something." The princess giggled.
"I know that that was my way of showing my thanks, but uh," Zelda paused giggling again," I want one to." Link grinned and before Zelda had time to react, he kissed her cheek too.
"Ah, hee hee! Yay!" she exclaimed hugging him both their faces red.
"Zelda what are doing to the boy, choking him?" Impa said coming into the room with food.
Zelda quickly pulled away from Link.
"I um uh, I-I, I was just saying thank you," Zelda said getting quieter. Impa smiled and placed two covered plates on the bed. She turned over a table like surface over from the side of the bed so Link could have something to put his food on. She then put the two plates on the table thing and uncovered them. Once Link smelt and saw the food he was in complete heaven. Roast chicken, home made mash potatoes, lima beans, salad with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and on the side some delicious soup with boiled eggs in it.
"Food!" he exclaimed, “This is great! Wow thank you Impa!" Impa nodded.
"If you finish I can bring you seconds or desert," she said.
Link immediately dug into his food not noticing Impa leave. On record time he finished his food and his apple cider.
"Thats not fair, you're going to get dessert tonight," Zelda complained looking at her unfinished plate.
"If you can't eat it all, I'll finish it," he said more so asking for her food rather then offering. She put her contents of food on his plate and finished it also.
"Do you even have room for dessert?" Zelda asked.
"Yep! What is for dessert?" he curiously asked with his stomach.
"Well there is apple pie, blueberry pie, jello, frozen chocolate dipped banana (really good by the way), and chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla ice-cream," she said thinking through the various desserts. Link's mouth watered at the thought of them all.
"I'll have some of each!" he said.
"What!" Zelda exclaimed, “You’re not going to be able to eat all that!"
"I bet you a kiss I can," Link said slyly. Zelda blushed but couldn't resist.
"Fine but if I win then you have to teach me how to fight," Zelda said firmly. Link nodded. It was a deal.
When Impa came in and saw both their plates were done she asked what they wanted.
Link wanted one of everything and Zelda just wanted a scoop of each ice cream. Impa wondered how Link was going to eat all that dessert but got some anyways.
"All right then," Zelda said. Link nodded and gave her a sly grin.
"Remember our deal," he said. She nodded. First he started with the ice cream, each ice cream had three scoops of each kind. He finished those with a horrible headache. Zelda had already finished her ice cream.
"Looks I won," she said getting ahead of herself.
"Hey I just got a brain freeze! I'm not done yet," with that Link ate his banana, ate his blue berry pie and apple pie. Then finished the jello last.
"All done!" he said proud of himself. Zelda pouted.
"Humph, no fair! I wanted to learn how to fight," she said upset.
"You know I'm going to anyways. Now about what I said," Link smiled at her. She giggled.
"Fine," she said coming close to him closing her eyes. Just as she got close enough to kiss his cheek Link turned his face just in time so that she'd kiss his lips. She acted like she didn't know what happened and lingered for a moment and then pulled away her face redder then it had been before. Link gave her a big grin.
"I said kiss, but I never said what kind of kiss," he said smugly. She looked to the side and smiled.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.