Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 8] Printer
- Text Size +
Link was in his house sitting on his bed. He had earplugs in his ears, but not even that could drown out the sound of Navi the fairy causing chaos in his room.

"And then, of course, she blah, blah, blah..."

Link narrowed his eyes and tried to at least take in a paragraph of his book. Finally, after about an hour of this, he couldn't take it anymore.

"NAVI, SHUT UP!" He bellowed, "JUST SHUT UP! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF THIS!"

Navi stopped talking. She looked at him with confusion.

Well," She said, looking hurt and trying to sound helpful, "You could just put some earplugs in."

"I ... already ... AM ... wearing ... earplugs." He said through gritted teeth, pointing at the earplugs.

"Oh, I didn't see 'em" Navi said quietly.

"Well, big shocker huh? I can't even remember the last time I was able to actually sleep." He sighed. He was right; there were bags under his eyes from lack of sleep.

"B-but we saved Hyrule a month ago." Navi whispered.

"Oh, really?" He sounded mocking. "I had no idea. Even though," he put a look of scorn on his face before continuing, "You started to spread rumors."

"What? I did not." But even as Navi said this she blushed.

"Really? What about this one? 'Yeah, like I was saying, Link was standing helpless against the wall, he was crying like a baby of course, but then I came out and saved his sorry butt.' Well? Does THAT sound familiar? No wonder everyone was calling me things like 'baby' and 'whiner'." He looked mad enough to kill. "Tomorrow we are going to see the Deku Tree. I'm going to demand that I get a new fairy." He looked at Navi. For a second he thought she looked smug.

'Naw,' he thought to himself, 'I'm probably just hallucinating from lack of sleep.' With that Link got up, stretched, and got ready for bed.

Ten minutes later he was crawling into bed. 'Finally,' he thought smiling into his pillows, 'no noise ... hunh?' He sat up and looked at Navi. She was talking to herself. Link put his head in his hands and sobbed! His last thought before he fell into a restless sleep was, 'This fairy will be the death of me! I'm going to die!'

When Link woke up in the morning it was quiet. He looked over at Navi; she was asleep. Link's eyes were bloodshot. He was about to go back to sleep when...

"HEEEYYYY Link! WAKE UP! Ready to go see the Deku Tree? C'mon, get up. Stupid!" THAT got a response. He sat straight up. He was beaming.

"Why do you look so happy?" asked Navi. She looked once again confused.

"Because," his smile grew even bigger, "Today I finally get to get rid of you! Yippee! Whoo-hoo!"

"Okay then," said Navi, looking downcast, "Let's go get this over with."

Link got up and ran out of his house. He carefully looked around to make sure no one was around. It was still pretty early in the morning. Link quickly but quietly ran to where the Deku Tree was.

The Deku Tree looked up when he heard rushing footsteps coming closer.

"Well, well! Link how are you? You look tired. Did you sleep well last night?" The tree asked.

"No, this stupid fairy won't let me sleep." Link looked at Navi.

"So, I assume that you want a new partner? Am I right?"

The Deku Tree looked at Navi and then at Link.

"Yes, yes, yes!" Link was practically jumping up and down. He was beaming! "I'm gonna get a new partner! I'm gonna get a new partner! Ha-hah, ha-hah, haaaa!"

'Wow,' thought Navi, 'he looks really happy ... but...' she smiled but quickly put on a straight face in case Link saw her.

"Okay," said The Great Deku Tree, "But I have one condition."

"Well, what is the condition?"

"The condition is that you can't ever have Navi back. Do you accept?" The tree asked.

"I do," the boy stated flatly.

"Okay. Here is your new partner. His name is Rekhyt." Rekhyt flew over to Link and Navi went to the Deku Tree. Link turned around and left the clearing, Rekhyt close behind.

"Good luck ... brother." Navi whispered.

"Hey, umm, Link?" Rekhyt asked.

"Yes, buddy?" Replied Link who was now walking back home in the open. It was something he hadn't done for three weeks.

"Can I do whatever I want on the way back home? Please?" Link looked at him.

"Of course! I'll wait for you at home, 'kay?"

"Of course!"

Link walked on home and Rekhyt flew away.

It took Rekhyt four hours to come home, but Link was already fast asleep. Rekhyt laughed evilly, "Hee, hee, hee! This is going to be gooooood! Heh, heh!" He looked at the boy, he was smiling. "He must be having a good dream."

As a matter of fact, Link WASN'T dreaming, but yes, he was asleep. Then all of a sudden he did start to dream. He dreamt his house was full of loud fairies. He began to stir in his sleep. Five minutes later he woke up with a start. He rubbed his eyes and looked around blinking. Fairies. Fairies were everywhere. Rekhyt was in the center of his room talking with Navi.

"WHAT IS GOING ON? REKHYT! HOW COULD YOU?" He was stunned.

"HA, HA, HA, HAAA. Fool! If you thought Navi was bad, I'm even worse, fool!" Rekhyt was laughing like a maniac. Link started to sob.

"Waaaah! NOOO! I've been tricked! WAAAAAAAH! I'm gonna die!"


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.