Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 34] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
"Pssst! Ivy wake up." whispered Link shaking her.
"What?" she yawned realizing she was still wrapped in Beat's arms.
"Penny told us whoever is entered in the tournament that is asleep at eight would be receiving a rude awakening." explained Peter.
"We know it involves a rock, so we thought we'd help you." added Link.
She looked to Beat and saw his eye was slightly opened. He smiled and moved his arm off of her.
"I guess I'll watch." she shrugged crawling away from her love.
The group all watched as Penny walked up with a heavy rock. She hefted it up and threw it at Beat's stomach. His eyes snapped open and he balanced himself on his hands and kicked the rock to get it to hit Peter in the head. It bounced too and hit Link also.
"Tadaa! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get ready. I've got to get new bandages and repaint my symbols." yawned Beat. "Call me for breakfast."

Zelda yawned as she crawled out of her bed. She was excited to see how the first round will end. She looked over to her guest sleeping on a sofa. Malon looked peaceful sleeping. She turned her head to reveal her face. She had a warm smile that perked the princess up.
"When she gets Beat she'll be happier than a Zora in water." laughed Zelda.

Link and Richard went to the fighting grounds to see who else was ready. They were greeted by the two knights.
"Hey you two." waved Percy.
"Hey." replied Link. Richard only nodded.
"Richard you need a weapon right?" asked Leo.
"No, I borrowed one from prison here. Least they could do after arresting me." laughed Richard.
"Hey! You four are friends of Grimsley, right?" shouted a girl holding a staff.
"Yeah, we're acquainted." shouted Link back.
The girl walked over to the group and sighed. "You should warn him. I've heard that the TerraSliders that entered are focusing on beating him. My brother Allen is just upset he lost, but he isn't getting everyone he knows after him. Just tell him to watch out around the TerraSliders."
"Thanks, I think I'll go tell him now." nodded Link running off.
Link ran back to camp to find Ivy sharpening her blades. She looked at him and smiled, then turned back to her work. Link walked up to a cart and began to draw back the canvas.
"I wouldn't go in there. Gwen and Penelope are changing. Beat is probably in the other cart with Skull Kid and Peter. Archer went off to find you and Richard." explained Ivy without turning to him.
"Thanks." nodded Link and went to the other cart.
When he opened it he saw Penny and Gwen without their shirts. He blushed and turned quickly to avoid them seeing him. Penny had saw him and screamed. Link ran off towards Ivy.
"You said they were in this one!" shouted Link pointing to the cart with Epona and Grim's Charge hitched to it.
"Oh, dear. My mistake. Sorry." apologized Ivy turning red.
"What happened?" asked Beat poking his head around the flap.
"He peeped at us!" laughed Gwen walking out fully clothed. "Penny is crying now."
"Wonderful." muttered Peter as he walked up to his sister's cart.
"Haha, you little pervert." laughed Beat.
"Fine I won't warn you jackass." growled Link.
"What, that Ace has his little friends prepping to beat me at all costs? Old news. I overheard them when I was walking through town." shrugged Beat. "All set Ivy?"
"I'm ready to head off." she answered putting her blade onto her shoes. "I'll meet you there."
"Right, Link go ahead I'm getting Peter." nodded Beat.
"Seeya." said Link walking back to the fighting grounds.

Archer walked up to Leo and Richard. He found out Link went back to camp.
"Ah crap." muttered Archer.
"But here comes Ivy." pointed out Richard.
"Hey Archer." greeted Ivy coming to a stop.
"Why hello there." greeted Leo bowing.
"Leo back off, she is dangerous and taken." warned Richard.
"Yeah, she is. But she's also pretty nice." replied Archer.
"Thank you Archer. We should get ready, the competition's about to start." stated Ivy walking away.

When the tournament was kicked into gear, Beat mainly focused on the lineup. He saw Link versus Alice Shade, Richard versus her brother Allen, Ace was against Peter, Mido versus Vakanos, Archer versus one of Ace's cronies, Ivy versus some Zora, Finn versus Percival, and he was facing Leonardo.

"I'm versus Ace, I've got a chance. Beat broke his blades right?" muttered Peter.
"You stand no chance." laughed Penny.
"Shut up, Richard is fighting." shushed Gwen.
Richard was doing quite well against Allen. Richard didn't use the rapier against his foe. He dodged most swipes from his opponents staff. He was hit on his legs a few times, but not enough to make him drop. Richard stayed defensive for most of the fight. He waited for a perfect moment, and it came. Allen swung down and Richard caught it. 
"I'm gonna borrow this." Richard stated yanking it free of his foes grasp.
Richard spun the staff above his head and brought it down onto Allen's foot.
"Yeow!" he screamed jumping up.
Richard then jabbed his opponent's staff into his gut. Allen doubled over in pain and tried to breathe. Richard then smacked Allen on he behind with the staff, snapping the staff where it had been broken the night before.
"Alright alright! I give, just stop beating me with my staff."
"It was a pleasure fighting you." stated Richard offering his hand.
"It was fun." laughed Allen taking Richard's hand. He shook hands and they walked off to join the crowd.
"Now that was good sportsmanship. Next up we have the sister to Allen, Alice Shade versus Link." announced Ricky.

Richard joined Beat at the waiting area, and laughed.
"Wasn't that fun." he sighed.
"It was impressive. I'll give you that. But you used what I did to win."
"And I thank you for the help."

Link walked up and found he was fighting the girl who warned him about the group aiming to take out Beat.
"So, you're Alice. I look forward to a good fight." he smiled offering his hand.
"Save it skirt-boy." she growled.
"Well!" scoffed Link.
"Begin!" 

Link had to jump back immediately to avoid getting his head caved in. He had to block the staff with his shield to keep himself safe. Alice attacked too quickly to dodge, so Link had to try and stop her.
Alice swung her staff against the shield again, making it vibrate. Link then jumped back and drew his sword. Alice smirked, he wouldn't hit her.
Link started blocking with his shield again, but the moment he had an opportunity he took it. He swung his sword to deflect a blow from the staff and cut it down the middle.
"Shit!" shrieked Alice.
Link rolled behind her and held his sword against her neck. "Ready to speak civilly?" hissed Link.
"Good fight." mumbled the girl.

Beat watched more fights, and found many boring. He yawned and leaned back to relax. When he stretched his arms he nudged somebody.
"My mistake. Pardon me." he apologized looking up into the eyes of a TerraSlider.
"You're going to lose in this tournament." growled the man. "Ace will beat your friend, I'll beat the runt, and I doubt you will beat a knight."
"Aren't you supposed to be licking Ace's boots clean?" shouted Finn.
"Why you little,"
"Finish the sentence, and I'll finish you!" growled Link. "Mess with either of these two, and I will gut you."
"Ha, you need help to stand up?"
"No, none of the fights are that interesting. I mean Mido versus Vakanos? It's obvious, Mido may have speed and agility, but Vakanos has the upper-hand." yawned Beat. "Besides, your fight's next."

Archer stood ready. He had concealed a bow and a quiver of arrows, and a slingshot in his hands. He had his hookshot looped through his belt. His opponent was taller than him and wore his blades on his gloves.
"I'm gonna wipe the floor with you." growled the man.
"Funny, the last guy I fought said something like that and ended up running away from me." laughed Archer.
"Alright, ready? Fight!"
The TerraSlider lunged at Archer, but he rolled under his attacker. Archer pulled out an arrow and stabbed his foe with the head. He dashed out of the way as the man started trying to stomp on the young boy. Archer drew his hookshot and latched onto a wall. He kept the chain from retracting and looped the handle onto a sign mounted on a wall. He hit retract on it and got it taunt.
"You think I'll fall for a stunt like that?" laughed the man jumping over the chain.
"No, but I hoped you would." sighed Archer running away. He drew his concealed bow and fired arrows at his foe, none hit, but they did make him trip over the chain. As he rose Archer fired a handful of Deku Seeds at his foes head.

"Oof." groaned Beat as he watched the TerraSlider get a face full of nuts.
"Hmm, very clever." added Ivy as she walked past. " I'll be back shortly, just need to beat my opponent."
"I'll count the seconds till you return." teased Beat.

Ivy defeated her opponent quickly. Beat assumed about three minutes and twenty-three seconds. The judge stated it was the fastest fight so far. Until Jackson Fright fought. 
Jackson fought a Goron, and after landing one punch the Goron surrendered.
Beat sat up and studied this Fright guy. Something about him made Beat uneasy. He seemed too familiar.
"Your friend's fighting Ace next." reminded Ivy nudging his shoulder.
"Hmm? Oh right Peter." yawned Beat hiding his uneasiness.

Peter stood before Ace. His silver hair shining. 
"Kick his ass Big Brother!" cheered Penelope.
"Ha, your sister thinks you stand a chance." smirked Ace. He straightened his blades that he wore on his boots.
"I do too." replied Peter drawing his rapier.
"Fight." announced Ricky.

Peter had to duck under a flying kick. It cut a few strands of hair from his head. He scrambled to get away from another kick, successfully dodging the blow. He slashed at his foes leg and left a deep cut on the side of Ace's leg.
"You worm!" roared Ace. He grabbed the blade from his right boot and slashed at Peter's head.
"Peter!" shouted Beat.
Peter held his blade steady, preventing his opponents blade from reaching him. Peter laughed at his success. Big mistake.
Ace smiled and suddenly turned all his energy to a new point and overpowered Peter.
Ace stepped back and swung his leg around him and slashed Peter across his chest. Peter fell to the ground with blood splattering across the ground. Ace smiled and turned to walk away.

The crowd gasped in horror as Peter fell to the ground. Beat felt his blood boil. He jumped off the bench and tackled Ace.
"You bastard! How can you do that to him? He's just a kid!" roared Beat holding Ace down.
"It's your fault." laughed Ace. "You caused this by taking Ivy."
Beat drew his arm back and punched his enemy in the face. Ace's nose began to bleed, coating his face in blood. Beat drew his arm back again to be grabbed by Richard and Link.
He shook them off and ran to Peter. He clung to Peter with tears in his eyes. He was then comforted by a warm hand on his arm. He looked at Peter and saw his friend smile.
"Looks like I lost." whispered Peter.
"I'll get him back. I'll crush him!"
"No, just beat him. Don't stoop to his level." commanded Peter weakly shaking his head.
"We'll take care of him sir." stated the medics taking Peter away on a stretcher.
Beat was led away by some guards and thrown into a cell. He regretted nothing. He heard fights continuing on for the tournament. He received visits from his friends at the end of each fight explaining what happened. He was relieved to hear Peter was okay. He sat in his cell listening to the thirty-first fight grind to a halt.
"Looks like Leo will be moving on without having to fight." sighed Beat banging his head against the wall.
"Sorry to disappoint you, but I forfeit. You won." laughed Leo behind Beat.
Beat turned to see Ivy, Leo, Malon, and Princess Zelda.
"Aren't I a criminal?" yawned Beat.
"Well, given the information that you were protecting a friend you only need to sit here till your fight starts tomorrow." explained Zelda.
"And I thought it showed you care greatly to keep your friends from getting hurt. So I forfeit. Besides, I knew you'd win." laughed Leo.
"I'm planning on staying here with you." stated Ivy with a wink.
"I was going to do that!" exclaimed Malon.
"I'd love the company. Leo, is it possible for me to get my violin?"
"I can get it for you." nodded Leo heading outside.

As Zelda walked past Malon she whispered in her ear. "If you want to win him, you'll have to get him comfortable around you."
Malon nodded and sat in a chair in front of the cell.
Ivy sat with her back against the wall next to the cell's bars. Beat sat next to her through the bars in the same fashion.
"You left your blades?" asked Beat.
"I doubt I'd be allowed to stay if I brought them." laughed Ivy.
"You're lucky the King permitted you to have visitors Grimsley." stated the guard bitterly.
"I believe you requested this Beat." announced Leo as he entered the holding area. He handed Beat the violin through the bars.
"Hey you can't do that!" shouted the guard running up.
"The Princess permitted this. Any complaints will be brought to me." stated Leo staring down at the guard.
"Yes sir." growled the guard walking away.
"Leo, thanks. For this and the fight." thanked Beat.
"Don't worry about it. Richard didn't want to become a knight anyway." laughed Leo as he walked towards the exit. "You two let him sleep when he needs it."
"Right Sir Leo." nodded Malon.
"No promises." growled Ivy playfully.
"Din help me." muttered Beat playing a few notes from a song he was taught by Will.

Link sat at the cart with Gwen and Skull Kid. Richard was off helping the head carpenter get some work done. Archer was with Penny as she waited for Peter to be released from the medical tent.
"It's so boring without everyone here!" moaned Gwen hanging her head off the back of one of the carts.
"Hey, is this were Grimsley was camped?" hollered a boy's voice.
Link rose and drew his sword. He stepped forward and shouted "It is. What do you need?" 
"A warm fire, some people to befriend and a race to save." replied a girls voice.
"Alice don't say it like that." whined the boy voice again, now closer to the camp.
"Shut up Allen." ordered the girl again.
"It's those two Shade siblings." hollered Gwen, still dangling her head.
Sure enough Gwen was right. The two staff wielding siblings walked into the glow of the fire. The sister standing taller than her brother, walked up to Link.
"Hey there Skirt-Boy." she smirked.
"Alice, quit insulting him." requested Allen.
"I think it was pretty funny." laughed Gwen.
"I want to know why you're here." ordered Navi flying in Alice's face.
"We're here to help with those wishes of yours." replied Allen. He then walked up to Gwen and helped her sit up. "A lady should never strain their neck like that."
"Why thank you." she giggled.
"Skull Kid, do we have any soup left?" yawned Richard walking into camp.
"We've got some bread." replied Tael, floating out of the cart the food was stored in.
"You need some supplies? We've got enough food to keep up two people for a week. I'm not sure how much that will help." added Allen.
"Oh? It will help immensely." laughed Skull Kid.

Beat played the songs of his childhood: Romero's Requiem, Sonata of Spirits, The Treasure's Tune, and the song his mother sang, The Song of Cinders. He smiled at the memories of his friends teaching him these songs. Romero teaching his own song he made. Nabooru teaching him the song that could perk anyone listening up. It was the only happy memory of his time with the Gerudo. Then he recalled Will teaching him a song taught to him by his father. They played and sang it whenever they found a treasure. He then ended with a song Nabooru claimed was taught to her by his mother. He played it softly, as he longed for his mothers embrace. Not Emilia, his adopted mother, his real mother Samantha Grimsley. He then silently cried. A tear trailed down his cheek as he played the final notes.
Ivy and Malon enjoyed the songs played. They clapped when he finished his final song. He smiled at them as he wiped a tear from his eye.
"Thank you ladies." he sighed.
Malon didn't seem to notice the tears, because she smiled and said "That was amazing Beat!"
Ivy realized his distress and grabbed his hand. "Are you ok? What's wrong?"
"Hmm? Oh. Hehe, I guess I just miss my mother." laughed Beat wiping his eyes again.
"It's ok, let it out." comforted Ivy patting his back.
"Beat, why didn't you say so?" gasped Malon.
"It just happened. I played my mothers song and it made me think of her." sighed Beat. "I'm gonna sleep now. I'm sorry to ask this, but could you leave me alone?"
"Sure." nodded Malon, rising up.
"I'll head out along with her." added Ivy.
They both walked off, leaving him to dream. But he was visited by a new person. She was taller than Nabooru, and had pure red hair. She wore a gold hairband to create a large ponytail. She had two locks of hair that went to either side of her, and had Hylian ears. Her skin was the same tone as his. She had two gold bracelets, and she gave off a warm powerful essence.
"Hello Young Beat." she greeted.
"Hello, milady. I hope you won't mind me asking..." 
"Who I am? I'm a friend. You should know me pretty well." laughed the woman.
"I should? Wait: red hair, gold bracelets, powerful essence, and I sense a dark rage inside you. Are you, Din? Goddess of Power?"
"You forgot 'enchantress of fire". Yes I am Din. And I've got a few things to explain to the two of you."
"Two?" replied Beat confusedly.
"I'm here too." laughed Ganondorf.
Beat found himself sitting with Ganondorf and Din at a round table.
"Your body will remain asleep, but anything you do here will affect your body. If you eat here you won't need to eat there. Now, let's start with my powers you two have." stated Din placing her feet on the table.
"Wait, I'm confused." Ganondorf sighed shaking his head.
"I know the Triforce was created by you and the other goddesses. But the Antriforce was made to destroy it!" exclaimed Beat.
"Yes, to be destroyed by the faults of it's creators. I am the one responsible for the curse placed on you Grimsley." explained the goddess.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.