Courage in Hylian?

Do you have a question regarding the Hylian language? Need some tutoring that hasn't been posted on my page yet? This is the place for you. Here you can ask questions, or even suggest new words or phrases.

Moderators: Genken, DarkGamemaster, Lysia, OniGanon, Kasuto of Kataan, Moderators

Lilja

Courage in Hylian?

Postby Lilja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:32 am

I've looked through the dictionary and noticed that courage is not in there, unless I am missing it, but power and wisdom are. Not sure if a word has been created for courage or not, but if it has what is it?

I have this idea for a tattoo I would like to have, but I am missing the courage part. Thanks for the help ^_^

Lilja

Lilja

Postby Lilja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:18 am

>.>... and perhaps if there isn't one created yet we can go about and create it here, or in one of the other threads.

I'm not sure if there is a science to go about creating the words, but poedre woeke ---> coegre (cO-ay-grey). It seems to fit the pattern that seems to be with power and wisdom. Just an idea though.

Venus, Queen of Faeries

Postby Venus, Queen of Faeries » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:35 am

Hey, you're from New York. Howdy, neighbor (unless you're super-Upstate, in which case, we're not neighbors. XD)!

Keeping in mind that our version of the Hylian language is very much UNOFFICIAL, the word we've chosen to use is linkre. :3

I don't know which dictionary you looked in, but the one on the website is short of all of the forum members' suggested words. If you want to suggest a word, mosey on over to this thread, and suggest away. If you'd like a copy of our list, which is currently six hundred-odd words, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll get the list to you post-haste.

If you're not interested in our fan-made language at all, and would prefer the official versions, I can still help you out. ^_^

OoT- and WW-era use a cipher of Japanese for the Hylian language (that is, the same language, with different symbols), and TP-era uses a cipher of English. The Japanese words for power, wisdom, and courage are chikara, chie, and yuuki. In OoT, the words would have looked like this:

In Wind Waker, they would have looked like this:

Twilight Princess, as I've said, uses English, so the words remain power, wisdom, and courage. But they would have looked something like this:

(Flip the individual characters horizontally for the Wii version; the one displayed is the GameCube version)

I hope I've helped ya out there. ^_^

(Also, in the future, try not to doublepost sooner than a week -- there's a little "Edit" button in the top-right corner of all your posts -- and be patient for your answers to anything. The forums aren't very active any more, especially not THIS section. I don't know if you've noticed but the last post was almost a YEAR ago. The only reason you missed my post by twenty minutes is because I was trying to be thorough in my answer. ^_^)
Last edited by Venus, Queen of Faeries on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
VQoF

Déginën alban, kriashásinën da•ia taz toere, piántinën da•ia nosu tokan....
Total number of suggested Hylian words: Hënsale pante! (605)

Check out PianoSquall's GAME! Image

Lilja

Postby Lilja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:38 am

Ah, my mistake. There is no C, so then it would be Koegre.

poedre
woeke
koegre

This may just be me seeing things and thinking too much, but the D in poeDre, and the K in woeKe, wouldn't happen to be the D in wisdom, and the would be C(but is K) sound in courage? Would that mean that in courage there would need to be a W for power, or a P?

koewre?
koepre?

Lilja

Postby Lilja » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:46 am

Oh, geez that's a lot. Wasn't expecting that kind of reply if any. Thank you very much ^_^;; Not super-upstate, am upstate, so if not neighbors maybe the same neighbor hood : P

Ah, so there are official ones too? Will have to look through them to see. Will PM you too for that list :D

Sorry about the double post, it was more of me talking to myself building up my ideas ^_^;; I'll keep the edit button in mind for my next posts if i have more to say.

Now I have several options for the design of the tattoo, thank you very much ^__^

Abby21

Re: Courage in Hylian?

Postby Abby21 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:54 am

Hello, everybody!
If your writing skills are far from creative, I'd recommend following this source to find out plenty of excellent essay patterns you can use as a model when developing your skills or writing your essay http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/courage-essay

SamathaWilliamson

Postby SamathaWilliamson » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:10 pm

Look through http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/courage-essay to ensure the meaning of the word "courage". Thanks for the post anyway. Your assistance is much more appreciated here.

BillyChalmers

Postby BillyChalmers » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Howdy! Courage is so called ability to do something difficult or dangerous. It can be certain fearlessness or dauntlessness. To meet an unconventionally brave person is a rarity in our times. Regards, http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/courage-essay

BertieRichards

Postby BertieRichards » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Note that 'courage' is a word that can be found in one of the games, for example. But if you want to have this word in Hylian, how do we type it?

Return to “Hylian Language Institute”