Sevi's Drawings

If you want people to see your fabulous drawings, go here to post them for all to see. Art of all subjects is welcome, not just Zelda, it can be any kind of art. You can also use this forum to discuss fan art that's already posted on the main page.

Moderators: Genken, DarkGamemaster, Lysia, OniGanon, Kasuto of Kataan, Moderators

SilverXCIV

Re: Drawings by Bluelink Greg

Postby SilverXCIV » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Only updating here because I actually did Zelda related fanart
Formerly known as Bluelink Greg

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Mon May 02, 2011 11:42 pm

It's been a long time, but once again I've drawn a Zelda related piece. You can see a preview of it in my avatar, but here is the full drawing of A Link to the Past Link. I'm not very happy with the way the eyes turned out, I'm going to change that soon.

Lysia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Postby Lysia » Sat May 14, 2011 3:04 am

I really like that Link, Greg! Wow, I just looked back at the art you posted 5 years ago, and you can see such an improvment over time. Well done!
@ShonaAdventures

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Fri May 20, 2011 12:12 am

Lysia wrote:I really like that Link, Greg! Wow, I just looked back at the art you posted 5 years ago, and you can see such an improvment over time. Well done!

Thank you, Lysia. Every time people point out art from five years ago it just reminds me how long I've been here. I mean damn I was 11 just going on 12, and now I'm 17 and about to head into my final year of High School! Forward progress just seems to be inevitable in every way.

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:48 am

Oh boy it's been forever, and I've dropped anime style since I last posted.

Logo for a CGR115 (computer graphics I) course work.
(I had to take a screenshot from DA since the original is a transparent png from illustrator, and the black background made it almost invisible!)

Contour drawing of a rather large plant.

Horrible photo of a drawing of a large toy duck- value shaded.

And finally for shits and giggles, and because this is a Zelda forum let's laugh at a rather poor drawing of the Princess I did back in June.

SilverXCIV

Re: Greg's Drawings

Postby SilverXCIV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 am

This is a character of an LP'er that I watch on a daily basis, and then I drew my ipod with Bohemian Rhapsody paused so I could draw the cover art.

[color=#eeeeee]
EDIT: I just drew Medic as a Christmas present to the same friend.

[/color]
Last edited by SilverXCIV on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:28 am

I've been trying more value shading drawings. I drew this picture of Sniper from TF2 for a friend of mine.

FightingTorque

Postby FightingTorque » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Thoughts as I wander up and down the page...

Sniper looks great, except the spectacle lenses on the second portrait are rather incongruent sizes. His ear's also kinda big, though I suspect it's meant to be like that. I think the location and depth of shadow are nicely realised.

The proportions on Zelda and the duck are spot-on, though on those ones the shading is a bit too "sharp" in places, especially the change in tone across Zelda's face, and around the bottom of the duck. The facial expressions are also very convincing.

The tourism logo is a classic design, vibrant and eye-catching; but I find the focus is drawn too much to the point where the black underscore and the red circle overlap. If you shortened the underscore so they didn't touch, and perhaps also moved the text just a few millimetres to the left, I think it would be perfect.

The cyclops drawings are the best-looking in my opinion, though I wouldn't know how challenging they are compared to a pencil drawing.

Finally, Link's knees: WELL DONE, SERIOUSLY. I hate drawing those things. :P
"Little bug, little bug... I might mistake you for a grain and put you in my cereal..."
Princess Agitha, LOZ: Twilight Princess

NINTIMIDATING
NINVINCIBLE
NINTENDO

J'écris, donc je suis

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:13 pm

The drawings of the cyclops Demo were pretty easy actually. I worked those out in the early morning before a class while I was sitting around with my friends on campus.

Zelda is an odd piece. That was drawn half a year ago during a style transition so I was still using outlines mixed with more realistic shading. I still like it because it kind of marks where I changed and grew as an artist but it's also an awkward transition piece. I should take another shot at it, maybe do a "one year later" retry.

I should also mention the second portrait is Medic from TF2. Yes those glasses are the style they are in the game so that's Valve's character design not mine. I did notice the ear is too big and it hit me after I uploaded it to DA which was really sad because I liked the rest for the most part. The shading still gives a bit too much "baby face" but it's something that I'm going to have to work on more and more to build in depth faces.

I'm pretty sure the duck's shading is part of my art professor getting on me about using darker shading. I wasn't balanced at it by that point, but this is where I started to appreciate value drawing a bit more.

If I would have had a choice I would have changed a lot in the Osaka Tourism logo because the lowercase font really bothered me. It's one part of my brand from that semester that I wish I could have changed. I found new elements like grey bars, and this layout where most of my flyers or advertisements were split into 5 segments three of which contained the pictures and information, the other two being header and footer like areas. I may change it before my portfolio class in Spring 2014 but I'll have to think because I have varients on the logo now so I may switch to one of those as the main one.

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:17 pm

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Oh god, yeah I'm still doing this. Was in the habit of doing daily comics for awhile until my job kicked my ass. I also did some face studies using the Game Grumps. I need to get back into shape with this.

Genken
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Postby Genken » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 am

Keep working on this stuff. I didn't follow much of your original works, but just looking at your face skills from 3 years ago and today is an almost night and day difference.

That's awesome progress to see. I'm afraid I never could figure out how to do people particularly well. By the time I started getting slightly better at art, life happened and it was one of the things I just completely gave up on.

Don't do the same thing. Keep working on this and keep posting.

SilverXCIV

Postby SilverXCIV » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm getting back into drawing with whatever free time i have. It helps way more to not really care about what I'm drawing either; whether it be something rule 34 related, original characters, or even experimental art where I play with different tools. I'm much more about just doing things than finished products and it has helped immensely.

Return to “Post and Discuss Fan Art”