Pulse Check - JUSTICE LEAGUE ASSEMBLE.

Here's the place to discuss anything and everything.

Moderators: Genken, DarkGamemaster, Lysia, OniGanon, Kasuto of Kataan, Moderators

Genken
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Re: Pulse Check - JUSTICE LEAGUE ASSEMBLE.

Postby Genken » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:21 am

It's 2:22 AM on a Wednesday morning and I can't sleep and ended up on this forum and so I'm sprinkling little love bits of forum posts all up in this beast.

tetrafan

Postby tetrafan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:15 am

It's unlikely anyone remembers me from OG vinny other than maybe Genken, but consider this my obligatory pulse. Finished a master's degree in music performance last month and got married two weeks ago, can't complain. Miss this old board, lot of good times and great friends, also love that you guys got me in to FFXI, as I ended up meeting my wife on XIV a couple years ago. Hope everyone is doing well.

error of ruto

Postby error of ruto » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Error here....Present and accounted for. lol
In a realm beyond sight,
The sky shines gold, not blue.
There the Triforce's might
Makes mortal dreams come true.

Zephyr_

Postby Zephyr_ » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:41 pm

Against all sound reasoning, and with a smattering of nostalgia, I am here. Ish.

I am, unbelievably, a stay at home mother. Did I see myself here 10 years ago? Fuck no. But it sucks about as much as I thought it might, so there's that. (I love my kid, but conversations with a 3 year old aren't exactly....fulfilling.)

Archaic Sage

Postby Archaic Sage » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Hello! Still checking in on the odd occasion.

brian_2040

Postby brian_2040 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:22 pm

I check in once every month or so. Nice to see people still occasionally visiting.

Rhyhon

Postby Rhyhon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:40 am

tetrafan wrote:It's unlikely anyone remembers me from OG vinny other than maybe Genken, but consider this my obligatory pulse. Finished a master's degree in music performance last month and got married two weeks ago, can't complain. Miss this old board, lot of good times and great friends, also love that you guys got me in to FFXI, as I ended up meeting my wife on XIV a couple years ago. Hope everyone is doing well.

I remember you, tetrafan.
-mw

Darrel

Postby Darrel » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:51 am

tetrafan wrote:It's unlikely anyone remembers me from OG vinny other than maybe Genken, but consider this my obligatory pulse. Finished a master's degree in music performance last month and got married two weeks ago, can't complain. Miss this old board, lot of good times and great friends, also love that you guys got me in to FFXI, as I ended up meeting my wife on XIV a couple years ago. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tetrafan! It's been forever man! Congratulations on your master's degree and getting married! Dang!
(^ω^)人(^▽^)

brian_2040

Postby brian_2040 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:45 pm

Still here as well. Getting ready to release my comic to the public. Pretty exciting time!

Lionheart

Postby Lionheart » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:43 pm

I should probably post, now that I'm super high on all this nostalgia.

I don't remember when I joined, just that I was in my early teens when it happened. I wanna say '03 but I'm not too sure.

I'm 27 now. I've been a member of this community over half my life (It's kind of mind-boggling to read that, actually). Since then, I've been through a two-year service mission for my church, a few years of college, 3 years (and counting) of being married, and we just recently had our first child (he's SOOO adorable!). I've learned how to build computers, mountain bikes, and guitars, and do a weird mixture of all three for a living. I would've never guessed any of all that happening if you'd asked me ten years ago (I'd probably have figured on being in college still).

But I'm here, hopefully helping to bring more of a pulse back to this forum.

Genken
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Postby Genken » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Hell yeah! Congrats man :)

Of course we remember you, haha. I still have an active XIV account, but I don't really play it. I kind of stopped a few missions into the Ishgard expansion. Is it any good?

FightingTorque

Postby FightingTorque » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:17 pm

Ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum - "the old brag of my heart: I am, I am, I am." (Sylvia Plath)

Well, hi there! :D Already, I'm feeling nostalgic pangs with every username I recognise. Glad to hear (see) your stories, how y'all have grown and got jobs and spouses and kids and all that jazz!

I posted a bunch of my life history here, mostly work-related. Life other than that... well, the less good stuff includes my dad passing away last May, after a long and distressing illness (for all of us). And the woman I love is moving to New Zealand at the end of this year - I almost decided to move with her, but have come to realise that I'd just be riding the coat-tails of her life at the expense of my own. Upsetting, but one must persevere.

On the more positive side, my creative endeavours have been going very well. I finally mustered the courage to compile a set of my poems into a booklet and hawk them around, and I've almost sold the entire run of a hundred copies! I've had a few short stories and poems published in various magazines, and won a couple of literary prizes (one with £100 Actual Money[TM] attached). I've done a few stand-up gigs (whose success you can judge for yourself) and last summer spent my 25th birthday on the summit of Ben Nevis, in the valley of Glencoe, and on the banks of Loch Lomond, which was three "places to see" off the bucket list in one day (and took a ton of photographs so also counts as being creative). And to top it off I have the joyous arrival of my nephew Hamish - he is the coolest goddam baby in the world and I will FIGHT anyone who disagrees (or, rather, he will, probably - boy's now four months old and wearing clothes for 6-9 months, he's like a wee tank).

Much love to you all - hail Kasuto, hail the Vinny, and hail the incredible Useless Button! :mrgreen:
"Little bug, little bug... I might mistake you for a grain and put you in my cereal..."
Princess Agitha, LOZ: Twilight Princess

NINTIMIDATING
NINVINCIBLE
NINTENDO

J'écris, donc je suis

Sage of the Forest

Postby Sage of the Forest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm

I come on here every so often and kep meaning to post in this thread, guess I'm a bit late to the party now though! Not sure how many of you would remember me to be honest, but I was active alot from about 2003 to 2005ish... I think.

Don't really have anything exciting to report. I'm a cartographer at Ordnance Survey (the British mapping agency), been dating a guy who is at uni to become a game designer. Other than that, no marriages, no children, and renting a flat.

I remember being a bit of a douche when I frequented these forums, and to be honest I still can be, but I like to think this place and the friends I made here helped somewhat into making me into a better more social person.

Haven't really stayed in contact with anyone from here, I have Saret Kefa, Heather (The Gemini Sage/Liz) and Faeryn on my facebook if anyone remembers them, but sadly don't really interact with any of them beyond a like here and there.

I miss the good times on here (particularly the AIM convo's and group chats), and learnt from the bad times, and that's the main thing I guess?

Also I definitely remember you Tetrafan :)
"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Return to “General Discussion”