Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 30] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
After those few days that seemed to drag on, and yet fly by so quickly, the amount of time Zelda had to think quickly depleted to minutes from hours. Her courtly life was back in full swing, and her moments of silence were restricted once more.

“What sort of meeting was Rauru talking about, Impa?” Zelda asked s they made preparations to go to the Chamber of Sages (Temple of Light).

“An informant one... He mentioned something about a disturbance of sorts.” She replied flatly.
“I see...” Zelda nodded inwardly, but was taken aback by Impa’s calmness.

“Ancient Sages of Hyrule,” Rauru began once everyone was present and accounted for. “Ganondorf, as you well remember, was sealed away in the Evil Realm. ...I have felt for the longest time, a disturbance in our power than contains him...”

There were littered gasps and murmurs following Rauru’s words. Impa was silent. Zelda assumed Impa was already privy to the information, so she wouldn’t take already known
information as much of a shock.
“I believe that if that disturbance continues growing as it has,... Ganondorf will eventually escape...”

Shouts resonated now, especially from Nabooru, but she was drowned out by Darunia’s bellowing.

“Silence, please. Do not be alarmed, he could not be contained forever, we knew this from the start.”

Murmurs ceased.

“Now... if I cannot find a way to seal him permanently within the time of fourteen days, and I expect you all to think things through as well, then... the Hero of Time must help us again. He will be at the next meeting, you will bring him, Saria.”

Zelda took a half-step forwards, her mouth open to speak, but Saria took the opportunity first.

“Please, Rauru, think this through! Hasn’t Link gone through enough the first time around?”

The murmurs began again. Rauru allowed their mini-discussion to carry-on until a few minutes passed and he silenced all with a raise of his hand.

“Yes, yes... very well, then. Saria, once this meeting is adjourned you must go tell Link of this issue.”
“Y-... yes.” Saria nodded, looking at her feet.
“Rauru, if I may interject?” Impa stepped up.

Rauru nodded.

“Yes.” She cleared her throat. “Now, I have certain leads on information.” Her face was smug. Eyes closed, and one hand on her hip as she smirked. “My resources tell me about... a missing piece of the triforce.” Her crimson eyes opened, glancing to the center of the chamber, the triforce mark.
Everyone’s mouths dropped slightly, especially Zelda’s, but Rauru seemed un-phased by this unexpected revelation. All those that were confused looked at Rauru, who had his eyes closed as he pondered.

“...Yes... it is true...” Rauru stated.

“How?! I hold the triforce of wisdom, Link has courage and Ganon has power... what other triforce piece is there? And who would have it!?” Zelda tried to reason, but Impa shook her head.

“We know not who would hold it,” She explained. “But, the triforce was originally a quadraforce, a piece in the center... a dark piece...”

Rauru nodded and continued the explanation. “There was no record of this fourth piece, so only the ones with ancient knowledge would know of this.”

The conversation continued on a loop until Rauru decided to draw the meeting to a temporary close. All of them had to wait until the next meeting to find out if Link would agree or not, and Saria was placed with the burden as messenger.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.