Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 18] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
A cool breeze ran through the window, rippling the luminescent pink, curtains. Link sat on a bed in the middle of the room, covered in the same pink cloth as the curtains. His eyes were focused on one thing. The diary. The collection of thoughts in that book meant everything to him. It was his only concern. The words seemed to echo in his head, they punctured the wall that kept his distant memories from him. Tears flowed freely down his face, as he read about the war, her worries about him, he was her only thought. She kept asking the book, expecting no answer, when would he return, if ever? Would she see him again? Link knew, all too much, that the answer was no.

Dear diary,

What could possibly take him so long? It’s been little over a year now, he must have been around the world already. Oh, I do miss that boy. He was fun to be near. Although, I’m sure he has been through a lot, he does deserve a vacation. I do hope I see him soon.


He flipped a few pages.

Dear diary,

My father is worried. Several disturbing happenings have been going on. For instance, the return of the stalchildren. Several travelers have already been killed by them. Wolfos have been prowling Karikoko at night, and Poes have been haunting the Castle Town. Even more, my thoughts drift to Link. It is nearing the anniversary of the day we met. I hope he is back on time.


Link knew that there was nothing he could’ve done. But he couldn’t help feeling responsible.
Why? He keeps asking himself, why did this happen to me?
The Goddesses wanted him here, at this time, obviously, but why?
Why. That one simple word that haunted him for a hundred years.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.