Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 44] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter Three
Zelda's Tears

Link lay in his bed reading a book. It was called, Legend of the Tale.
It was about a war, not the Hyrule war but a sort of write off from it. It was about three people. Two guys and a girl. The first guy was named Rare, the second guy was named Louis but everyone called him Silent, and the girls name was Maiya. Rare and Silent were two captains set stationed at two houses. Ordered by their king they were suppose to torture the people living in these houses to show the other kingdom how cruel they had been to them. Rare had gone mad for a while and actually enjoyed torturing these people. One house consisted of an old lady and her 34 yr old son. The other house included a full family. A father, a mother, and 10 yr old son, and a three old girl. Then Maiya came to live with her aunt. Rare looked upon Maiya and was confused. He began to cry at night, feeling horrible about what he done to the people he tortured. One day when Maiya was out walking Rare went with her and tried to take her for himself. When she refused from under his grasp and spit in his face, Rare raised his arm, to deal punishment to anyone who resisted the kingdom. For some reason Rare could not hit her. He looked into her eyes and put his hand down, and she kicked him off. She ran back to her house. After some time Rare softened up and finally admitted to Silent that he didn't want to be a captain of war, he just wanted to settle down and have a family. As always Silent just nodded and agreed. Soon Maiya began to fall for soft hearted Rare. Together they set up a revolt against both kingdoms to end the war. They succeeded and became King and Queen of a new land and lived happily ever after.

"Wow that was a great book," Link said to himself, wiping away his tears. Zelda came into the room.
"Did you like the story?" Zelda asked. Link nodded and handed the book back to her.
"Yes it's one of my favorites," she replied putting the book back in the shelf," Did you enjoy breakfast?"
Link nodded. That morning Link had a fruit salad, (it was what Zelda wanted so he got the same). The fruits were the freshest he had ever had and tasted heavenly.
"Well we don't much to do yet since your leg's been broken," Zelda said twiddling her thumbs," so we can play a board game, or a card game?" Link thought.
"Hmmm well I don't know, what do you want to do?" he asked. Zelda looked around and shrugged. They both sighed.
"You know what I think I'm going to sleep, it'll make time go by faster," Link said. Zelda nodded and sat in a chair next to his bed and pulled up a blanket.
"I'll sleep here too," she said.
They both drifted off into slumber.

Link was sitting at Lake Hylia dipping his feet into the water. Oddly he couldn't feel it. He heard some noises and something bumped his side.

"Who's there," he groaned as he woke up. He saw Zelda lying next to him cuddled up underneath his head. He blushed and put arm around her shoulders. He had seen people love each other and knew what it meant, but to actually think he was feeling it himself. It amazed him. His heart began to race pondering if he did love Zelda. Did she love him? What if she did? Would they still be friends? Or would they be something more? His thoughts trailed off as he fell back asleep.

Over the past few days all Link did was sleep, especially after Elirix gave him some sleep potion made from herbs. He said it would increase his heal rate, even though Link probably didn't need.
"You have a wonderful heal rate, my dear boy! Even after a few days it seems as your leg is actually mending the bones together already! Your leg is going to be very strong after this. I can also safely say that you can do your exercises now," Elirix said one day when he came to do a checkup on Link. Link smiled.
"Great that means I can get out of bed sooner!" Link said happily. The doctor nodded.

Later that day Link received a visitor.
"Malon! Wow it's great to see you again," Link said happily. Malon nodded.
"Yep it's nice to see you again too fairy boy," Malon replied," My dad's making another delivery so I came to visit you."
"How did you know I was here?" Link asked. Malon laughed.
"You mean you don't know fairy boy? Everyone is talking about you! Saying your the princess's knight in shining armor come to rescue her," Malon giggled some more," I don't think they know it's just you fairy boy."
"What do you mean they don't know it's just me?" Link said puzzled.
"Well everyone in town is trying to make descriptions of you! It's so funny," Malon paused thinking about a woman who described him.
"Oh I heard he is so handsome, tall with beautiful eyes. They say he has such wonderful hair and great muscle tone!," the woman described dreamily.
Malon laughed," Apparently your knighting ceremony is suppose to be a huge event! Everyone in town is going to come, and they're going to host a party also! Everyone is going to want to meet the Princess's Hero."
Link laughed too his face slightly red.
"Wow the king is doing all that for me?"
"Oh it wasn't the King's ultimate decision. Your in such high demand that everyone sent in requests to come to your knighting ceremony," Malon giggled again," Some people even talk about you marrying Zelda when she's old enough and you two become King and Queen of all Hyrule!"
"Me!? Is King?! I couldn't do anything like that!" Link exclaimed. Just then Zelda came in.
"Zelda!," Malon said.
"Malon!," Zelda replied. They both ran up and gave each other a hug.
"Wow it's so nice to be able to see you again! How's Epona?" Zelda asked.
"Oh shes great! Very pretty," Malon replied.
"So are you going to come to the ceremony?"
"Yes I can't wait to see fairy boy in royal knights armor."
"I know he's going to look so good in it!"
"So how's your dad."
"King of Hyrule ,you know always busy. What about you and Galek?"
Malon blushed," Oh we're getting along great! He got me some flowers and my dad said that he might even be staying at the ranch for a week or so, so he can learn to ride the horses better."
"Oh wow, I'm so happy! You and Galek are so cute together!"

The girls continued on babbling while Link just watched them. He smiled at the two, he was glad they were happy.
"So Link what are going to do after you're knighted?" Malon asked.
"I'm not sure of what I'm going to do," Link replied.
"He's going to be living in Hyrule castle with me I know that," Zelda said proudly.
"Really?! Wow, that's awesome fairy boy!" Malon exclaimed. Link nodded.
"Yep, it's pretty cool," Link replied.
They all laughed and played games until Malon had to leave, which who promised to visit more.

The first two weeks of healing were really nice, until one night. Link shook his head as he slept.

He walked into the windmill and saw himself standing in front of the windmill man. He saw himself put the ocarina up to his mouth and play the song of storms which sounded distorted. Soon his vision got blurry and the scene melted away. He tried remembering what happened but it was like walking up the stairs and thinking there is one last step but there isn't and you get that plunging sinking feeling as you step down. It just wasn't there. He searched through the nooks of his mind trying to find what he was searching for. He didn't remember anything anymore.

Link woke up in a cold sweat. He looked up at the ceiling and saw a blue image of himself , fade away with the wind that wasn't there.
"Wh-what's happening," he asked himself breathing deeply. He shook his head again. He lay his head down to the side looking out his window. The moon shone through providing a pale light. That night he didn't sleep again. When the sun rose and Zelda came in she was wondering why he was awake.
"What's wrong Link you seem troubled... You're never awake at this hour?" she asked concerned. He just shook his head. She looked at him worried.
"Ok then... Um I'm going to get breakfast," she said and got up left.
"What is wrong? I feel like there is something missing from inside of me...What did I loose?" Link asked himself when Zelda left.

Finally the day came when Link could finally start walking. He healed a week early but the doctor made him stay in bed an extra week just in case. This also made his exercises more vigorous to keep up his strength. However finally Link was so happy to finally get out of bed and walk himself.
"All right Link are you ready?" Elirix asked him with Zelda at his side. Link nodded.
"Alright then grab onto my arm. When you get out of bed it's going to be like trying to walk all over again," the doctor warned him. Link took note of that and carefully put his legs on the ground. It felt so odd. His legs were acting like liquid. He couldn't stand up very well, thank goodness for the doctor holding him up.
"Now as I hold you try putting lots of pressure on your legs so they can get used to carrying your upper body weight," the doctor instructed. Link did as he told and it made his legs fill even more odd. It was like they had been asleep for a year. The blood rushed to his legs making him tingle all over and he got an odd feeling of liquid and stiffness at the same time in his legs. However walking came back to him and he was able to walk almost on his own.
"Here you can use this until you can walk all the way on your own," Zelda said handing him a cane.
"It's a present from me, it has a sword in it," Zelda said proudly. Link nodded and took out the sword while leaning on his bed.
"Wow this is really cool Zel," Link said. He put the sword back in its place and used it to walk on.
"You can bring it to the ceremony tomorrow," she said.
"Oh yah I almost forgot about that," Link smiled. He began to get nervous.
"What am I going to wear? I don't have any extra clothes," Link asked. Zelda smiled.
"Don't worry about that Link I got something else for you," she presenting him a box. Link opened it to reveal a stunning new outfit. It was white with nice dress shoes. He picked up the shirt examining it. It was a white long sleeve shirt that buttoned down the front. On the right side was a Triforce embedded into it, with the bird symbol below it. He could see his name engraved on it in gold silk thread.
"Wow this is great!" Link said happily.
"Yep it matches your cane too," Zelda said. Link looked at his cane more closely. It was really shiny. At the top was a clear globe with a Triforce symbol inside of it. The cane part was white with gold vines running down the side.
"Do you like them?" Zelda asked.
"Yes they're awesome! Thank you so much Zel!" Link said with excitement and hugging onto the princess at the same time.
"Well that's good. I wasn't sure if you liked white and gold. I'm glad you like it so much," she said hugging him back.
"Well remember to try and walk on your own more and more each day ok. Don't get dependent on it ok?" Elirix said. Link nodded.

"Well let’s go outside ok?" Zelda asked. Link was more then happy to. They went back out into the courtyard where they first met.
"So Link, what are going to do, after you get knighted?" Zelda said trying to start a conversation.
"I don't know... I know that I have to teach my legs to walk on their own," Link said thinking.
Zelda sighed out in relaxation.
"It's really nice out here isn't Link?" she asked. Link nodded and sat down a bit exhausted.
"What's wrong?"
Link breathed out heavily.
"Well...All I've done for a month was lay in bed... it's really exhausting walking around so much," he said between deep breaths.
"Oh I'm sorry," Zelda apologized. Link shook his head.
"Don't worry about it. I'm glad to get out," Link replied. Zelda smiled. She sat next to him and laid her head on his shoulder.
"It's so peaceful... almost sickening…tee hee.. I can't wait until you can run again.. There are so many different things we can do. We could cause all sorts of trouble you know," Zelda said. Link sighed.
"Just sitting here with you is kind of nice too you know," Link replied.
"Ah! Hee hee you're boring... Then again.. it is nice. I guess."
Link shook his head and laid on the ground, letting the sun warm up his body. Zelda lay next to him and she took off her head piece letting her shoulder length hair fall out.

"Zelda do you like bringing a princess," Link said trying to start conversation. Zelda shrugged.
"I don't know. I guess it's nice being able to get what ever I want, but then again, I hate having to act. I mean what kind of example am I setting for other people if I act like someone else? Shouldn't I be showing people that you don't have to act to be royal. I mean I'm a princess because of bloodline, not because of how I eat and walk," she replied. Link looked at her.
"You know I never thought of it that way."
Zelda nodded.
"Yah, most people fail to see the truth behind things," Zelda sat up and sighed," I do wonder what it's like to be a normal person. You know go to a school full of kids. Come home and sit at a small table and eat with my mom and dad. You know we use to do that. We use to eat all together."
"Who? You and your dad?" Link asked.
"Yah, but also my mom too. She died when I was five. After that I wasn't sure what to do. My mom always took me outside and my dad would laugh telling her that she should be teaching me how to be a real princess. He didn't really mind though, he knew I had teachers to do that," Zelda said happily but tearing up," Ha ha, I remember one time, a particular sour etiquette teacher of mine was always mean to me, behind my parents back. So one day I told mommy what she always did to me if I didn't eat my food right during a lesson. She'd take the spoon or fork I was suppose to use and hit my fingers. Not hard she wasn't allowed to leave a mark, but it still hurt. So one night, the night I was suppose to show how good I had become at dinner etiquette my mommy told me not to worry and eat with my hands if I wanted to. My teacher sat in between me and my mom. So I did what my mom told me to do and she did it also. My teacher didn't know what to do. My dad thought it was funny though, because we don't usually have so much fun eating because people are always over. My teacher almost cried when my dad joined in too, then all of our party guests did the same. She yelled at me and dad fired her. It was so funny! 'Interfering with our foreign relations' is what he said to my teacher. It was great. However since my mom died, I don't like eating dinner with my dad a lot. I have to act like a princess, I think he doesn't like me acting silly at the table because it reminds him of mom. He doesn't get mad at me for little things like using the wrong utensil, but I have to act so prissy sometimes. He makes up for it though. He's really nice to me. I half expected him to turn cold and mean. That’s what I wanted to do when mom died. I was so mad. I was mad at the doctor for healing her, and I was mad at my dad for no reason at all. I was even mad at my mom for leaving me. My dad held me one night and told me that mommy didn't really leave us. That all she was doing was dancing with the goddesses and watching me from above. I felt so bad because I had been so mad at everyone even her. I cried in my dads arms until I fell asleep. Ever since then I promised mom that I wouldn't be mean again. I was so happy when I found out that my dad wasn't mad at me for being mad at him or something alike." Zelda turned her head away from Link so he couldn't see her crying. What she didn't know was that he began crying for her too.
Link sat up and held onto her.
"I'm really sorry," was all he could say. She turned and saw the tears in his eyes as he smiled at her sweetly.
"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get you upset!" she said frantically. He shook his head.
"I'm not upset, I'm just crying with you so you don't have to do it alone," he said and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. Zelda let out a little whimper, not because she was scared, but because she thought what he said was really sweet.

From a window above the courtyard where Link and Zelda sat, the King looked at them both, hearing what they had said. He wiped away a tear from his eye.
"He's really a nice boy isn't he sire," said Impa from behind him. The King nodded.
"Yes he is," he replied," I'm really glad that Zelda found someone that she can confide too so easily. I sometimes think that maybe she would have been better off in a normal life."
Impa shrugged.
"She might have, but I don't think I'd trust anyone to be the princess but her," Impa said. The King nodded.
"You're right, even at such a young age, shes so smart. Just like her mom," he replied. He sighed and left the room. Impa looked out the window watching how they both cried together while resting their heads on each others shoulders.. Zelda was suppose to come in for lessons right now.
"They can wait," Impa decided.

When dinner came around Impa went out into the courtyard. She found them lying there asleep in the late afternoon sunlight. She kneeled down and shook them gently.
"I want to sleep in, leave me alone. Why do I have to always get up early," Zelda said half asleep. Link just groaned.
"Come on you two get up," Impa said realizing that this was going to be harder then she thought. Link shook his head a little but didn't wake up. Zelda grabbed Link's hat and put it over her head like a pillow. Impa stood up and walked back a few feet. She grabbed a deku nut and threw it a foot in front of them. They both sat up as it burst.
"Ahhh! We're under attack," Zelda shouted not realizing what happened.
"Saria I'm going to kill you if you do that one more....oh," he said looking up at Impa. Impa laughed.
"Who Saria, Link," Zelda asked turning towards with a suspicious face. Link smiled almost laughing.
"You mean you don't remember. She's the forest sage. A kokiri, one of those who don't grow up," Link said. Zelda looked at the ground embarrassed.
"Oh."
Impa shook her head.
"All right you two, you need to get ready for dinner. We have some guests over, and they're just dieing to meet you Link," Impa said.
"Uh...ok.. Do I have to act all special or anything?" Link asked. Impa shook her head.
"No you don't to worry. They don't even know the proper order of the forks and spoons, and they really don't care. I think you'll like them," Impa replied.

Link and Zelda went back into the castle, going to their separate rooms. Link found on his a new outfit. It was black pant and a black short sleeve shirt with gold trim on the raised collar and the end of the leg pants. It also came with a set of plain black dress shoes.
"If this keeps up I'm going to have more shoes than Zelda probably has," he said jokingly looking at the new outfit. Beside it was a note.
Dear Link,
Just thought maybe you'd like this. I was thinking maybe you wear it dinner tonight.
Signed
Damadais Robert Michael Hyrule
The 3rd
(A.K.A The King, Ha ha...)
P.S. Look under the shirt at belt... and don't worry about thanking me.

Link lifted the shirt that overlapped the top of the pants. On it had a black belt with a circle of gold with the Triforce inside. Around the circle he saw his name written three times.
"Nice," was all Link could say. He put on his new outfit and looked in the mirror. He surprisingly fit well in his new clothes.
"And I look good," he said jokingly.
"Yes you do," said a voice from behind him. He twirled around but fell due to his weak leg.
Zelda laughed.
"You're clumsy you know that," she said helping him up and handing him his cane.
"Your fault," he joked. Zelda smiled.
"So are you going to be a gentlemen and escort me to dinner," she said in a princess tone.
"Um... How do I do that?" he said seriously. Zelda wrapped her arm around his and positioned his arm so it bent the right way in front of him.
"This is how," she said," Now all we do is walk done to dinner." Link nodded and put his head up high in the air.
"Let us go madam," he said in a snobby tone. They both laughed and walked into the formal dining room and saw at appointed seats. Zelda sat next to her father on the right side of the table and Link beside her. To his left side, the kings top adviser sat.
Link looked down the table and saw three blond haired girls, two blonde headed boys, and a woman holding a baby.
Link whispered to Zelda,” Those kids aren't all hers are they." Zelda giggled quietly.
"No, just the baby she's holding, the other five kids are cousins of mine, and duchesses and young dukes, and also the oldest of the girls is countess. They don't live here, it's just their time to visit. I don't like them at all. They're the stereotypical royal snobs," Zelda replied. Link nodded. He looked across the table and saw one of the girls looking at him and he got nervous. She winked at him and waved. Zelda turned and saw and shot the girl a nasty look. The girl stuck out her tongue and returned her normal posture.
"Don't mind her she flirts with every guy she sees," Zelda whispered to Link. Link nodded and decided to ignore the children.
He looked up at the King, who he knew now to be King Damadais. He smiled at him and the King nodded his head and smiled back.
"So daddy, when are our guests coming?" Zelda asked.
"They will be here soon, they are a bit delayed. Apparently a massive storm blew in on them. They got here safely enough, though I think they might have brought the storm with them," Damadais replied. Zelda nodded.
"It is the raining season," she said back.

The dining room door opened and entered four people. A man with light brown hair, a woman with red hair, and two children. One had red hair, the girl, and the boy, had light brown hair.
"Oh goodness Damadais, I'm so sorry for being late," the man said.
"No worries Crevan. Come Crevan, Sarah, Ramla, and Jacy. Join us please, it would be my pleasure," the king replied.
The four sat down and said their hellos.
"So I'm guessing this is Link," Crevan the light brown haired man said. Link looked up hearing his name.
"Yes he is. Link stand up and introduce yourself," the king asked. Link stood up.
"Uh hi... everyone," Link said nervously clearing his throat. Crevan stood up and so did the rest of his family.
"Hello Link it's a pleasure to meet you. If I could I would shake your hand, but you know we have a little problem with the table," Crevan laughed. Link nodded and smiled.
"This is Sarah, my wife. The red headed one is Ramla my daughter and this young man is my son Jacy," Crevan introduced his family," and I am Crevan."
"Hello Link. I like your outfit, looks very nice on you," Sarah said and sat down.
"Do you really know how to sword fight Link?" the boy, Jacy, said excited. Link smiled and nodded.
"Yes I do," he replied.
"Thats awesome!" the boy said and sat down. Link looked at the girl. She gave a forced smiled.
"Hello Link... I'm uh... Ramla, nice to meet you," she quickly sat down. Link nodded and sat down after Crevan did.
"You know what's odd Link?" Crevan asked him.
"No what?" Link asked.
"You look so familiar. Like somebody I use to know. I can't quiet put my finger on it though," Crevan said. Link tilted his head.
"Your right hun... Oh I know who he looks like Aleron," Sarah replied. Damadais looked over at Link.
"I never seemed to noticed but you do look like him Link," the king replied.
"Who's Aleron?" Link asked.
"He was my brother. He was second in command under Damadais of the armies in the war 10 years ago. Now he lives in some place Retriamad. His wife and child died in the war," Crevan replied," You don't have his eyes though. His eyes are brown, not blue." Sarah looked at him oddly.
"Link, who is your mother," Sarah asked him. Link looked at the ground.
"I never knew my mom. She took me to the forest when I was a baby, and I lived there until I met Zelda," Link replied sadly.

There was an awkward silence between all three of them. Ramla broke the silence in her shaky nervous voice.
"Y-your his s-son, aren't you," she said quietly.
"What?' Link looked at the nervous girl.
"He just might be, he has Kaida's eyes Crevan," Sarah said looking at her husband.
Link's heart began to beat fast. What were they talking about.
Son? Kaida's eyes? Could these people have possibly known his parents?

Suddenly a guard came rushing through the door and fell bleeding from his eyes and mouth.
"Your majesty... Some type of spirit is attacking the guards. They're dieing left and right," the guard said and laid on the floor dead. The three blonde headed girls screamed an annoying high-pitched squeal.
"Send out the knights at once and fetch the mage," Damadais said in a booming voice," Everyone to the great hall." He turned towards Zelda.
"You and Link...," the king paused," Link, come back!" He shouted but it was too late.
Link ran out of the dining room and out the castle door across the draw bridge. It was dark and raining.
Lightning and thunder clashed in the black skies.
He saw it. A black figure seemed to be sucking out the soul of a fallen guard. It turned towards Link.
Link pulled the sword from his cane.
"Heh Heh Heh," the spirit laughed. The voice echoed all over the field. Link screamed and covered his ears.
"Ahhh Stop it!" he yelled. Bloody tears flowed from Link's eyes. The spirit slowly moved towards Link and enveloped him. The spirit twisted its form while Link was inside it. Link couldn't even scream. The pain that overwhelmed him yet for some reason he could faint, he wouldn't fall unconscious, he wouldn't die. It felt like every single bone in his body was crushed into dust except for his head. His arms his legs his hips his chest, everything crushed inside him. His mouth opened on it's own and a blue and white light came out. The more the light made the spirit glow the more Link seemed to loose touch of reality.
He could hear a girl's scream. He saw Zelda running over to him and the spirit.
Then darkness took him.
He swirled around in darkness not knowing where he was going.
Where am I, he said in his mind Where's everyone? Is everyone dead? Did that thing kill me... No... It can't kill me! I have to live.

Somewhere in the darkness he found a green and gold light. He floated towards it. He felt renewed. A power from within him was growing. It kept growing in the darkness.
I feel the Triforce of courage in my soul. It's mine..
The darkness grabbed at Link again trying to steal his light.
No... What are doing... Stop it! Let go! You can't have it! It's my Triforce! It's mine to protect, it's mine to keep!
"Let go of me!!" Link shouted as he opened his eyes.

Zelda stopped in her tracks. Link was glowing green and gold.
"Ahrg!!!" the spirit screamed. It flew back and looked at the glowing figure that formed over Link.
"Be gone demon spirit," Link said with an echoing voice from with in his light. The green and gold light sped towards the dark spirit and collided.
There was a flash.
"This is the power courage. Let it be known," Link said. The light disappeared along with the dark spirit. Link fell onto the muddy ground unconscious.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.