Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 44] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter Four
Destiny

Link opened his eyes to a brightly lit room. It wasn't the same one he was sleeping in before. This room was all white and smelt like cleaner. He looked up to see a bright ceiling light pointed at his face. He groaned, trying to move around. His whole body felt so soar and he couldn't remember why or what he did to get it that way. There was a faint voice in the background. No there were two faint voices. They were talking to each other. However Link couldn't distinguish who they were, or what they were talking either. His vision, although there was a bright light, was very blurry. He felt something soft and warm touch his face. It was someones hand. Next thing he heard was a soft singing voice. It made him drowsy and he closed his eyes again.

"He was trying to wake up, seems like he couldn't," Zelda said once Link fell back asleep.
"Well he needs his rest. Seems like that boy likes to stay injured, ha ha. I'm just kidding of course. What he did was very courages. The knights and guard said they want to do something to honor him," Elirix said as he tend to Link's wounds.
"How do they want to do that?" Damadais said walking away from the window in the room. Elirix shrugged.
"They don't even know, they just want to be able to do something for him. Since he fought so bravely. All your knights and guards are starting to train more now. They see this boy as a role model," Elirix replied. Damadais nodded and then sighed, while shaking his head.
"We already owe him more then we can give him," Damadais said walking over to a chair and sitting next to Link's bed.
"Daddy you know he won't want anything. That's just who Link is, he doesn't like people being hurt. He's always putting himself in danger for the good of others," Zelda said,"Thats what makes him so great of a Hylian."
"I agree with Zelda, I have never seen such valor and courage in anyone ever before," Impa replied from the window.
"Looks like we're going to have to postpone his knighting," Damadais said.
There was a knock at the door.
"Come in," Damadais said.
The door slowly opened. Ramla and Crevan walked in.
"Crevan, Ramla, what brings you here," Damadais asked.
After he had said that, a tall well-built man with blonde hair and brown eyes walked in. His hair grew long on his back in a low ponytail, tied with a red band. Even though he was well built his posture told you he hadn't done much for a few years, and he beard stubble on his face.
"Aleron? When did you get here?" Damadais asked.
"Ramla spoke to me last night, she said I needed to come. There's suppose to be someone I need to meet," Aleron said. His voice was low and soft, with a hint of sorrow.
Damadais turned to Link.
"Yes we all think that this boy might be your son," Damadais said," He looks exactly like you and has Kaida's eyes. His courage and valor out do any man's here. They're all traits of your family." Aleron walked up to Link's side and sat down.
"He can't be. Kaida and my son died a long time. I don't appreciate games that torment me like this Damadais," Aleron said in an emotionaless tone.
"Aleron what was the name that you were going to give your son," Crevan asked.
"What does it matter," Aleron replied.
"Uncle his name is Link. I know that's the name you and Aunt Kaida were going to give your son. You told me it was in honour of Kaida's father. He's the great mage and advisor to the king. You can't say that a boy who looks like you and Kaida has the same name you were going to name, who has great courage clearly following you, is just a coincidence?!" Ramla said getting frantic. She walked up to him and placed her hand on his heart.
"Listen to her. She's telling you that it's him. Listen to Kaida's voice Uncle, her spirit is within him," Ramla said.
"Shut up! I won't beleive it! Even if it were true look at this boy! He's going to die in just a few hours! I won't put my hopes up for someone who's going to break my heart in the end," Aleron said getting up and pacing the room.
"Excuse me you doubt my treatmeant! He's not going to die! In just another hour, YOUR father in law is going to be bringing a great fairy to heal him," Elirix said offended. Just as that was said the door opened again followed by a great blinding light of pink and white.

* * *

"Link...Link wake up," said a woman's voice. Link groaned as he moved around eyes closed.
"Go away I'm tired," Link complained. There was a small gentle laugh.
"Come on now. Open up your eyes," said the voice. Link groaned again and opened his eyes. In front of him were two people. A girl with green hair in pigtails and an older woman with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Who are you people," Link said.
"Oh don't worry about it," said the girl with green hair," You just need to know that we think you're doing great!"
The woman with blonde hair put her hand on Link's head.
"Yes you are doing great. You've accomplished more then anyone could ever dream of even doing," the woman said. Link slightly gasped getting a sudden feeling that he knew these two people. His eyes teared up.
"M-mom..," Link said begining to choke up. The woman smiled and picked her son up. She began to cry too.
"Yes Link... Our family is slowly coming back together," she said.
"What do you mean?" Link asked hugging the woman back. Link's mother looked her son.
"Well you have cousins to get to know. Two grandfathers and grandmothers to recieve wisdom from. An uncle and aunt to be there for you," Kaida said.
"What about my father. Creven mentioned someone named Aleron?" Link asked. Kaida smiled.
"Yes your father too. I have to warn you a small bit though. In the begining he'll seem sort of cold and maybe even a little rude," Kaida laughed at the last part," Once you get to know him you'll see him for the man he really is."
Link looked up at the girl in the green pigtails.
"Your the goddess of courage Farore!" Link said surprised.
"E-Yup that's me," the girl said giggling a little bit," I guess you can call me the goddess of inocence too, hee hee hee."
"Well you're going to have to go now Link," Kaida said. Link nodded.
"Will I ever see you again mom?" Link said crying. Kaida nodded.
"Yes dear, one day. Maybe near or far but one day you will see me again," she said as her voice and imaged faded.

* * *

"Link, oh little hero of the faires! Awaken!" said a sing-song highpitched voice. Link opened his eyes. He saw a very revealing woman with long red hair and freaky make up in front of him.
"Ahh!" he yelled and fell on to the floor and stood up realising it was just a great fairy.
"Hee hee ha ha ha, still jumpy as ever. Well I've done my work here, buh-bye! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" said the fairy laughing manically. The fairy disapearred in a bright pink light.
Link yawned.
"I'm hungry," Link said without thinking. Aleron stood up and then kneeled to meet eye to eye with Link.
"Hello," said Link smiling. The mans eyes began to tear up. Aleron put his hand on Link's face and his other on Link's shoulder.
"It can't be," Aleron said quietly. Aleron looked up surprised seeing Kaida's ghostly image behind Link, nodding to him. No one else but Aleron saw this. He looked back at Link's face.

Link began to grow uncomfortable with some guys hand on his face.

"Link, this is Aleron, my brother. We believe he is your father..." Crevan said trying to clear up the confusion. Link smiled realising this.
"Uh hi...," was Link could muster up, not knowing what to say. Without warning Aleron wrapped his arms around him and began crying.





Link, thanks to the Great Fairy that healed him was on his feet and as playful as ever. He was happily getting to know all of his new family members that he never knew he had. Funny thing was, he used to see Ramla and Jacy in town markey alot while on his quest through time. It never occured to him that these people were his cousins. He got to know his grandfather too. His grandfather was a cheerful old man, but stern when it came to cleaning. He was very neat and didn't like messes. His uncle and aunt were really nice. They let him read and look through the photo albums and study up on old history of his family.
He even found out his full name that was suppose to be given to him.
Link Andrew Mathaius. He didn't like how it over all sounded, mainly because Link Mathaius just sounded funny, and Andrew ,in Link's opinion, was just a dumb name. His middle name came from his grandfather on his mothers side. His grandfather was also the Top Advisor to the king. His father, who Link still hadn't gotten to know very well, was or used to be Second in Command of all Hyrule.
Crevan and Sarah were retired knights. Ramla was training to be next advisor to the king, since she had growing physic skills. Jacy wanted to be a knight but because of a condition in his body, he was very weak.
Link had no idea that he such a royal and rich blood line.

Link had gotten a little worried and studied his blood line and was reasurred when he found out that he was in no way related to Zelda.
Even though Link was cured Damadais set aside the knighting. Link began to wonder if was ever going to be knighted. He didn't really care. He was to happy. He finally felt like he belonged somewhere. Happy to be among people that wanted him around, and alot of people at that. If just his family members were enough, the whole Hyrulian army were ready to do anything at his one command.

After a while it began to overwhelm him. He wasn't used to such attention, and all at once for that matter. He needed to go somewhere for a little while. Just for a few hours to spend alone. It was decided then. He was going to head out to Lake Hylia and go fishing for a few hours by himself.

He ran up to his room escaping all the soilders that tried to start conversations with him.
He grabbed an extra set of clothes just in case he got dirty or wet. He grabbed some cookies and a bottle of juice.
"Ill take these as snacks," he said to himself. Link sighed. He hadn't gone fishing in a long time, and wondered if it would be to just make his own fishing rod. Link packed his stuff in a brown sack that his grandfather gave him and slung it over his back. He grabbed a piece of paper and a quill and wrote:
Hi Everyone
Don't worry if you can't find me for a few hours. I just went out to get some fresh. Don't come looking for me, I'll be fine on my own.
From Link
P.S. Sorry, for not warning you Zelda....

Link thought about that last line. He hadn't spent much time with Zelda at all. He wonder if she was upset at him for not paying attention to her. Then again whenever Link asked, she said that she was just happy that he was happy. He left the note on his bed.
He walked over to his book case and pulled out a book. Oddly enough, the book didn't want to come out, instead there was loud knock noise and book case slowly creaked opened. He went behind the bookcase which closed.

While in the dark stair well, Link grabbed a torch, to see. He walked for a while. He was used to it though, he found this secret passage way when playing hide and go seek with Ramla, Jacy, and Zelda. Ramla found them as she exercised her mental powers, which seem to be progressing since she met Link. Sarah said this because she was always very nervous and shy, which also had an effect on her powers. Since she met Link she became less nervous and felt more confident in her self, because he was so open and easy to talk to.

He finally reached the end of the stairwell and slowly opened the door, revealing sunlight. Link looked around and saw no one was there. He exited the secret stone door closing it behind him. He jump into the mote and swam to the grid. He kicked it in and held his breath. He went under and swam through a tunnel of water before finally reaching the outskirts of town. Link gasped for air as his blonde haired head emerged. He went up on dry ground and opened his sack.
"Wow, that's awesome," Link said seeing all his things dry. His grandfather said he had enchanted the sack so it would never burn, get wet, or be torn, unless by the owner.

For about an hour he crossed on foot across Hyrule Field. He went up the ladder to get over the stone wall into Hryule Lake. He breathed in the fresh air. It had been awhile since he was able to get out. Link looked at the fishing house and smiled. After readjusting his bag he walked to the fishing house and put his hand on the door knob.
Click...Click....
"Come on, let me in," Link complained.
"Go away," said the fisherman from inside.
"Come on! This isn't fair. I want to go fishing, aaarg," Link growled. He kicked the door stubbing his toe.
"Are friga frak ickga errrr," he said holding his toe. There were foot steps on concrete and click at the door.
"Why do you people bother me! Leave me alone! It's all because of you that the fish are all gone, and the water's gone. All because of you people," said the fisherman pearing his head out the door.
"What do you mean all the waters gone," Link said in amazment.
"What do you mean all the waters gone," mocked the fisherman," Don't tell me you haven't heard! People had been coming and going and the water just kept getting lower and lower, then the fish left before the water was all gone! Now I have no job and business! Just go away!" With that the fisherman slammed the door.
Link sighed.
"Arg, I'm never going to get a break am I," Link complained to himeself. He sighed again and knocked on the door knowing what he had to do. The fisherman opened the door again with a bright smile.
"Well hello there sir! Have you come to buy Jokin's Joke's by thee self the Jokster, hahahaha!" said the fisherman with a delirious tone. Link turned his head in a confused and disbelieving way.
"Uh...sure...," Link said. The fisherman opened up the door all the way and Link walked in. The inside of the fishing place looked normal. The water was there and everything. The fisherman shut the door. For a moment it seemed as if the sound of the door had sent out a wave that slightly distorted everything until meeting again at one point. Link shook his head. He was just just a little angry about the fact that he couldn't fish, yes, that was probably all. Link turned to wear the fisherman stood, but found him no where in sight. He heard constant giggling coming from behind the counter. Link looked over the counter and saw the fisherman holding his stomache whilst constantly giggling.
"What is wrong with you man?!" Link said franticly. The fisherman stood up all of a sudden with a scared expression.
"Get out get out get out, the darkness is coming! She's coming! The darkness no!" he said grabbing hold of Link shaking him and then throwing him on the ground. At that moment Link felt a strong pain in his head. He grabbed a hold of it and screamed as visions flooded his mind.
He saw Saria, the forest medallion, phantom ganon being vanquished the realm between two demonsions. The memory circled in his mind in a whirl of grean, gold, and black. He felt something pull at his head, grabbing his memory and tugging it, making his brain explode with pain.
"Let go! Let go!," Link shouted tears rolling down his face. He could hear the screams of the ghost sisters, ring in his mind, growing fainter and fainter. Then he saw Saria again. She was standing before him her hands on her chest, crying a little bit. Her hand waved, and she faded away. The minuet of the forest played for a moment before finally disapearing. Link opened his eyes, seeing all black as the pain in his head disappeared. The fisherman screamed.
"Help me! Please! Help me Link!" he shouted. Link looked up and his vision returned. Some dark ominious figure had grabbed a hold of the fisherman and was violently tossing him back and forth. Link gasped.
He wasn't sure what had happened, but he felt he had lost something again, just like that night before. He felt like he had lost a friend... Was this dark entity doing this to him. The darkness threw the fisherman down and looked at him. Two yellow slits stared at him. The darkness swooped down and grab a hold of Link. Some part of the shadow like an arm reached into his chest grabbing his heart and squeezed. Link gasped. His arms and legs and head all began to pound with pain. No this darkness was not the one who was messing with his mind giving him a feeling of loss. This darkness was after the power of courage! Link grew angry and the grip on his heart began to loosen. The darkness shrieked and let go of him. Link was glowing and he was filled with anger and frustration.
"I am sick and tired of being hounded by people, through with dealing with evil. I can't have a break can I! All I wanted to do was go fishing! Can I do that!? No, because I have to deal with shit like you. Why don't you just leave me alone already. Leave Hyrule and never show your ugly spirit here AGAIN!" Link shouted as a gold and green light radiated of his body. The darkness growled and then disappeared. Link stopped glowing and fell to his knees weak. He began to cry a little.

"This isn't fair! Why can't I just.. have a break already. Why can't I just live a normal life?!" Link pounded the ground in anger. He sighed with exaustion.
"I'm just going to go home..." Link said and exited the fishing building. He looked up into the sun sadly.
I'll never live a normal life, Link thought, it's just my destiny to be the gaurdian of Hyrule. Along with Zelda.
Link thought this from his heart. He knew it to be true all along ever since he was born. It was different to him now though. His destiny now seemed to be more of a burden as each day went by with new challenges and threats to Hyrule's way of life. It was his duty since his day of birth to protect order. Why did it hurt so much?

* * *

Link entered the castle and was welcome by Zelda's arm's wrapping around him.
"I got your note this mourning. You weren't gone as long as I thought you were going to be. That's ok though," she said. Link nodded.
"Crevan and his family left today, I was surprised that today you decided to go fishing," she said.
"What, they left! I didn't even get a chance to say good bye," Link replied.
"Don't worry about it. They'll be back in a month or so. Did you hear you're father is being reknighted?" Zelda asked. Link shook his head.
"Yep, apparently on the same day as you! Isn't it exciting?" Zelda replied happily.
"Yah, pretty neat," Link said trying to sound happy.
"I bet you can't wait to meet your other relatives," she said striking up conversation.
"Other relatives! You'd think'd I'd have enough already!" Link said in disbelief.
"Yah, you're dad wasn't an only child and neither was you mom! Haven't you looked throughly through your photo albums. On your dad's side you have two aunts and one uncle, on your moms side you have another three uncles and one more aunt, just about all them got married except your aunt on your mothers side. One of you aunts on your dads side didn't have children. The other one only had one child, but all the brothers on your moms side got married and had no less then three children. Some had more! You have SO! many cousins. Some are grown older then us and have wives or husbands now. I think two of your cousins have some children..." Zelda continued.
"How much do you know about me! You're obsessed!" Link said his eyes open wide with astonishment.
Zelda blushed.
"I uh, just wanted to see how extensive your family was....," she said embarassed. Link sighed.
"Are you ok Link?" Zelda asked concerned.
"Don't you ever ask your self... why am I here? Why am I burdened with such a destiny. Why can't I be normal, just run around and act like a normal kid. Why are we here Zelda?...To stop evil from conquering over Hyrule? What of when we die? What's going to happen to our children? Will they be burderned with a non-normal life? I couldn't possibly do that to somebody. No one should have to suffer like us Zelda. We shouldn't have to suffer either. Why can't Hyrule just be a normal place! Peaceful and non-junked-up with crap!?" Link asked. Zelda looked at him with comforting eyes.
"I do wonder what's going to happen and why we have to do what we do. I'm glad I'm not the only one out of the two of us who realise what are destiny is," Zelda said putting her hand on his shoulder," We have alot on us right now, but I know together we can do it."
Link looked up at her. He saw that look in her eyes. That same look ,about half a year ago 7 years into the future that would never come, he saw in her eyes. A look of despair, yet with the lightness of a strong heart, willing to do anythng. Zelda looked away with a slight blush in her face.
"What's wrong Zelda?" Link asked. Zelda giggled.
"Link... What did you mean by... What's going to happen to our children?" she replied. Link flustered up.
"I...uh well... I just... I guess... Maybe I didn't mean ours... but then I again I think I did.. I just didn't imagine myself with...anyone else... so I guess it was...um... a natural instinct..? Eh heh heh...heh...?" Link said hesitating, smiling, with one hand on the back of his head scratching it.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.