Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 160] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

This is a first person tale of links final battle with Gannon, which is coming up in my next story.

 

I drew my sword and stepped through the door. Inside stood Ganondorf king of evil, he turned towards me and laughed.

            “ You fool link, even after all the warnings you have been given you still face me” Ganondorf let out a bellow of laughter and drew his sword.

            “Bring it on Gannon, you can never win!” I screamed, rushing him with my sword. I swung upwards and Gannon blocked it instantly, pushing down until our blades met the floor. He kicked me in the side and I was sent flying towards a pillar, I felt at least one bone break as I hit the pillar but I rose anyway. Gannon picked up his sword again and rushed me, I spun at the last second and his blade drove into the wall I had been against seconds before.

            Gannon removed his blade from the wall and turned on me again “you are a mere boy, you cannot beat me… I have survived hell, I have survived the demon wars and I have survived all the years of constant attack while I waited for your return. Do you understand link, loosing was never an option for me, only chance gave you the advantage in our last battle…this time I WILL STAND VICTORIOUS!!!!” Gannon charged again and I dodged his attack, rolling around him and grabbing my sword. Gannon was already upon me, driving me back with vicious slashes, making me defend constantly. I wished I had my shield.

            I closed my eyes and summoned up the final drops of magic inside me to teleport away from Gannon and when my eyes opened I was standing in the one place I wanted to be, the royal armoury. I ran to the wall and took a shield, knowing I had seconds before Gannon arrived. A flash of light came from behind me and I turned to see Gannon once more. He chuckled again, “ link no matter where you run I will find you, the entire of the triforce is inside me.” I raised my shield and tried to think of something unnerving to say but nothing came.

            Gannon came at me once again and this time I was ready, I drove his strike away with my sword and smashed the shield against his face. Gannon fell backwards, rolling onto his feet at the last second. Blood was leaking from his nose. With a roar of anger Gannon ran at me and swiped viciously downwards. I blocked his slash and drove forward with a stab, Gannon rolled to the side and slashed at my face. I back flipped to avoid it and backed off. We slowly circled the room, our gazes never leaving each other’s faces. Gannon ran towards me and leaped high, aiming a slash at my head.

            Then I struck, spinning in and around the slash and driving my sword into his shoulder. He let out a scream of pain and I twisted the blade, smiling to myself as I increased his agony. Suddenly I was thrown back and Ganondorf was rising, he reached round and pulled the sword free from his back, then he drove the blade into the ground and kicked it from the side. The sword split into fragments and spun into the corner.

            Gannon raised his arms into the air and darkness swirled around him, the wounds healed in nanoseconds and Gannon rose into the air, thick plate armour materialising on his body and a great spiked helmet appeared on his head. He dropped down again and charged at me. I turned and ran to the wall, grabbing a spear and turning on him. He slashed at my face and it scraped against my skin as I blocked. I raised my shield to protect my face and stabbed forwards at Gannon.

            Gannon jumped back and kicked my shield away. I charged at him, stabbing and slashing at him but I never hit him. He dodged and weaved between my attacks effortlessly, seeming almost like a liquid. Suddenly he came forward with a lightning fast stab, driving his sword deep into my chest. I screamed and punched him away as he laughed at my pain. I fell to my knees and Gannon walked up to me, removing his sword from my chest and raising it above his head. He stabbed it down towards my face but I grabbed the sides of the blade and held it away from my face. Gannon pushed and I could see the blade sliding ever closer to my face.

            I couldn’t hold on any longer, I rolled to the right and let go of his sword. It lodged in the ground and I kicked at it as he had kicked my sword, shattering the blade. He jumped back but held up his hand and a six-foot broadsword appeared in his hand, I turned and took a similar sword from the wall, struggling to lift it with my wounds. Ganondorf raised his hand once again and the world shifted. I was transported with him and I was shocked to see I was in Death Mountain. Gannon looked at me across the platform, we were both standing on a narrow island of rock, surrounded by lava.

            “This is where it ends boy, you cant escape, either you fall into the lava or I kill you” he stepped forward and slashed towards my face. I blocked with my new sword but I was off balance and missed the chance to attack. Gannon waited for me to regain my balance. “ I don’t want you dying early, this is going to be our greatest ever battle, I am going to ENJOY this!” he charged again and this time I jumped to the left then stood on his blade.

            I swung for his neck and sliced the air inches away from him. I flipped off and landed on a separate island, unable to fight well with my wounds. Gannon sighed “ I was looking forward to an epic battle, I’ll make you a deal… if you fight properly I’ll heal you, how does that sound?” he raised his hand and I felt my blood returning and my skin knitting back together. I raised the sword again and jumped back into the fight.

            “All right, let’s finish this once and for all Gannon!” we charged towards each other and swung at each other. With a clang and a cascade of sparks, the blades bounced off each other and I swirled around to face him once more. I drew power in and focused it all on my sword, waiting for Gannon to strike. He ran forward and I released the spin attack, releasing a swirl of energy and knocking Gannon off his feet. Gannon’s sword landed in the lava and I charged him again, I slashed down and just before it hit Gannon blocked it with a newly made sword. I drove my knee up into his ribs and smashed him in the face with the hilt of my sword.

Gannon slowly toppled and I felt victory but suddenly the world swirled and we were back in the armoury. Gannon rose from the ground once more and threw his sword to the side, summoning a massive mace and swinging it towards me. I dropped the broad sword and rolled away, grabbing a set of throwing knives and a short sword from a rack. I threw a knife at Gannon’s face and he blocked it at the last second. Then I wondered something; did I regain my spent magic power when he healed me?

            I focused on being behind him and teleported, bringing my sword down on his helmet. With a clang it split in two and fell to the floor. Gannon then vanished and I felt the wind from the oncoming blow and dropped to my knees, the blow sailed over my head and I spun my sword around between my torso and arm and drove it backwards. My blow missed and Gannon laughed once again, kicking me in the back and sending me sprawling.

 

what do you guys think so far? please comment/review because i want to see what you guys think should happen 



Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.