Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 19] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Link rode as fast as he could. The kid was definitely hurt, and needed to be treated at Hyrule Castle as soon as possible. After a long ride, he finally made it. He rode into the courtyards and jumped off still carrying the kid. He stormed through the castle all the way to the great hall.

Zelda and Faria, were there talking about things. They talked and talked until Link had burst through the doors with the young child in his arms. Faria gasped in surprise, but Zelda gasped for a different reason.

“Link, what happened, who is this kid?” asked Faria. Link laid the kid on one of the tables as he caught his breath.

“I don’t have time to explain right now….” He answered, “We gotta fix this kid up, he’s pretty hurt. We better do something now before it’s too late!

“I’ll go get some medicine from the infirmary, he sure doesn’t look like he’s in good shape at all!!!” Faria said. With that Faria ran off to get the medical supplies. Zelda stared in Link’s eyes. Link noticed Zelda’s face of somewhat fear and worry.

“What’s wrong Zelda?” he asked. Zelda paused she answered.

“It’s my prophecy Link, the one in my dream, it’s just like it started…..” she answered. Link then just remembered the prophecy. He couldn’t believe it, it was coming true. They both looked down at the child. He was still unconscious.

“Who, *is* he?” asked Link. Zelda had no answer. They both just looked at him until Faria came running in the great hall followed by Doctor Haniran (the head doctor at Hyrule Castle)

“Alright, we’ve got the stuff” said Faria panting from her run. Link and Doctor Haniran quickly took medicines and bandages and began applying them to the child’s wounds.

“Faria, could you give me the Aloe gel?” asked Doctor Haniran holding out his hand. Faria grabbed the jar and handed it to the doctor.

“Thanks” he replied, “Link, why don’t bandage up his forehead, it looks like he got hit there.” Link took the bandage along with some Henbane Lotion and bandaged up the child’s forehead. After about ten minutes of fixing up, Doctor Haniran and Link finished. Doctor Haniran wiped his forehead.

“Wow! That kid sure as heck got beat up, he should be alright though!” he said. Link gave a small sigh of relief.

“Well at least that’s some good news” he replied. He looked at Zelda, who looked back at him. Doctor Haniran knew the three should be alone, so he began leaving.

“Well I’ll you all to yourselves. If you think he needs a nice bed in the infirmary, just tell me!” he said. With that, Doctor Haniran left the great hall. Faria looked at the kid. Even though he was not in good shape right then, she kind of took a liking to him.

“I hope he’ll be all right like Doctor Haniran said” she whispered. Link noticed the concern.

“He should, but my most important concern is, who is he?” he replied. All three then looked at the kid. They tried to find some clue, but to no avail. Then suddenly, Impa appeared before them. She had a serious look on her face.

“Impa! You’re back!” said Link, “what in the world happened back in Terlon Forest!?”

Impa paused before she answered, it was quite a story. “I know you saw the shadows Link, but Zelda and Faria haven’t” she replied. Link nodded as Impa turned to Zelda and Faria.

“Alright, listen carefully” she began, “Ganondorf and Emralda had attacked a village in Terlon Forest. The young child there on the table fought to save his village, but Ganondorf and Emralda knocked him unconscious. I and the other Sages then came and destroyed Ganondorf and Emralda. Unfortunately though, they were only shadow spirits of the real people. Rauru said they were after the child, but I don’t get why they didn’t go there in person.” Everyone though for a few moments before Faria asked a question.

“Impa, who *is* Emralda?” she asked. Impa looked at Faria and gulped.

“This is pretty shocking so be ready for a surprise” she said. Everyone looked at her in confusion before she answered. “Emralda… is Ganondorf’s… sister.”

Everyone froze in shock. They couldn’t believe what they just heard. Ganondorf having a sister!? It was like nothing they had ever heard of before.

“No way, a *sister*!?” exclaimed Link. Impa nodded.

“Yep, his own flesh and blood.” Everyone still had a face of shock on their faces; it was just incredible that Ganondorf had a sibling. Link then thought of another thing Impa had said.

“Impa, you said it seemed like Ganondorf and Emralda were trying to find the kid, but what would they want with him?” he asked. Impa shook her head.

“I wish I had the answer to that Link, but not even I, or any other of the Sages know why they wanted him.” Everyone then looked at the child. He lay on the table still unconscious, Impa felt sorry for him.

“Poor kid, he took quite a beating and isn’t even dead. He fought incredibly well, he’s like you Link.” she said. Link looked at the kid. He felt some strange feeling within himself, like he almost knew him in a special way.

“He is like me” he whispered. Suddenly a huge bird flew onto one of the window sills in the great hall. Faria was a little surprised, but Link’s eyes lit up as he saw the huge bird. “Kaepora Gaebora!” he exclaimed, and ran over to the huge owl who smiled at Link.

“Good to see you again Link, it’s been a while since I last saw you!” he replied, “I see you’ve grown big and strong, I remember when you were still a child, boy were those some funny adventures!”. Both of them laughed as Zelda walked up to him, she had a face of surprise on her. Link immediately noticed it.

“What’s wrong Zelda?” he asked.

“You” she said to Kaeproa Gaebora, “are you, the Messenger of the Goddesses?” The large owl nodded.

“Yep, that would be me Princess” he answered, “and I’ve come with some news for all of you.”

“Really, what is it!?” exclaimed Faria. Kaepora laughed.

“Settle down little one” he said, “It’s very important, so I’d suggest you listen, it’s about that boy.” Everyone looked to where the owl pointed his wing, right at the injured child. Everyone was once again shocked.

“What is it, Kaepora Gaebora?” asked Link. The owl cleared his throat before beginning his long lecture.

“You see, many years ago, when that child was about only six years old, Ganondorf and Emralda had attacked the village he lived in. They were looking for the Triforce. It was believed that a piece of the Triforce was right there in the village, and someone possessed it. When Ganondorf had got there, the child had stepped in front of him. He said he wouldn’t let him attack the village. Ganondorf had snickered at the boy before he hit him with an energy bolt. He thought he had killed him, but the kid got up with such rage for a little child. He attacked Emralda and Ganondorf with a special power like no other. Right from his sword came an incredible energy beam. It hit Emralda and Ganondorf head on and disintegrated them. Unfortunately though, they found a way to be revived. Everyone then thought that child actually had a piece of the Triforce, but that has been proven false since you Link and Zelda have a piece each, and Ganondorf has the other. The point is, that child is incredibly powerful and will soon become the hero of Hyrule. Link, you and that child have a special relationship.”

“And what might that be, Kaepora?” he asked.

Kaepora was more serious than ever now before he spoke and as he spoke. “Link, you know that your mother had died shortly after she gave birth to you. But, six years later the Goddesses resurrected her from death for a short amount of time.”

“Why did they do that?” asked Zelda.

“Yeah, it doesn’t make sense, why would they resurrect her for just a short period of time like that?” asked Faria.

“That is what I’m getting to” Kaepora Gaebora replied, “They resurrected her so she could give birth to one more child.” Everyone gasped in shock before Kaepora continued. “Yes, they brought her back to life so she could give birth to a child whose destiny would be to save Hyrule from Ganondorf and Emralda. That child is the one who you brought from Terlon Link. That Link; is your little brother.”

Once again everyone gasped in shock. Their jaws dropped right down as they looked at the boy. They were in total shock, but Link was even worse. He couldn’t believe he actually had a little brother, and he was laying on a table right before him. He had never actually taken the time to notice his appearance. He was a very small kid. He was thinner and seemed like he was only four foot nine or somethhing close. He was also very light, when Link was carrying him, he felt like he was less than a hundred pounds! But he didn’t care about his size. He could only stare in shock knowing that was his long lost little brother.

“My, *brother*?” he said very quiet in shock. Kaepora nodded.

“Yep, that’s him, none other than that boy” he said.

Link was still in shock, but asked Kaepora Gaebora an important question. “What, is his name?” he asked.

“Mirren” answered the huge owl, “listen carefully once again, I’ve got another story to tell you. Don’t be surprised if it seems Mirren is acting like a younger child than he is. That’s simply because he knows he’s the younger child, so he’ll always feel very young. But that doesn’t mean he’s immature at all. Mirren’s heart is like an 8 year old child, but his maturity is as good as yours Link.”

“How does he know that Link is his brother if he’s never seen him?” asked Faria.

“I suspected one of you would ask that” replied Kaepora, “You see, I’m one of his good friends, so I’ve told him about you Link. He had always wanted to someday find you and meet you Link, but unfortunately that day never came. He didn’t know where you were Link, not to mention he still needed a little training before he could set out to journey all of Hyrule.

“You mean, he actually knew about me, and he wanted to find me?” asked Link.

“Of course!” answered Kaepora Gaebora, “who wouldn’t want to meet your own brother!? Anyways be ready for him Link, he knows what you look like through me, so he’s going to be really, *really* excited to meet you. Goodbye my friends.”

With that Kaepora Gaebora flew off into the sky. “He was something else, very intelligent” said Impa.

“Yes” replied Zelda, “anyone who’s the Messenger of the Goddesses must be like he was!” Everyone put a smile on their faces as Mirren opened his eyes. He rubbed his head and looked around.

“Where am I?” he said out loud, “what in the world? What place is this? I’m dead aren’t I?” He then looked to his side and saw Zelda. He then realized he wasn’t dead, but was at Hyrule Castle.

“Princess Zelda!” he exclaimed. Zelda smiled.

“Welcome to Hyrule Castle Mirren, it’s nice to meet you” she said.

“Same here” he replied. Faria then walked over to him.

“Hi there, I’m Faria, Zelda’s sister” said Faria, “it’s good to see you too.”

Mirren nodded. “Hi Faria, it’s nice to meet you” he replied. Impa then spoke.

“I’m Impa, it’s nice to finally meet you Mirren. Mirren smiled.

“Thanks!” he replied, “but how do all know my name?”

Zelda pointed behind him. He turned around, and froze in shock; it was his brother. Link smiled as Mirren’s jaw hung right down. “Kaepora Gaebora told us everything about you Mirren” Link said, “You don’t even need to say anything.”

Mirren was still in shock until his eyes finally light up and his face a joyous one. He jumped off the table towards Link as he shouted “Bro!” Link caught his little brother in his arms as Mirren hugged him beyond all belief. Link kneeled down to reach Mirren’s height.

“Oh my God! I can believe it’s you Link! I’m so happy to see ya bro, I can believe it!!!” Mirren said with tears in his eyes and his face in Link’s shoulder as he kept his hug on his older brother. Link smiled.

“Good to see you too, Mirren” Link replied.

Everyone else in the room also smiled. The sight was just beautiful. A little child meeting his own brother for the first time almost brought tears to Zelda’s eyes. She put her arm around Faria’s shoulders and pulled her close. They both smiled at each, the moment really made everyone happy for Link and Mirren.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.