Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 15] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Saria heard the howl and looked back to the Gerudo risking his life to save a bunch of children he never met before. She ushered more Kokiri to the hollowed Deku Tree. They had cleared the body of their old guardian of monsters to create an emergency area of safety. All but Mido went in. He stood ready to fight off any attackers. Saria used her Sage powers to close the entrance to the Deku Tree. She looked to the Deku Sprout, who winked. He would keep it a secret as to what she was.
"Mido wait here! I have to help that boy." she said running off.
"Saria wait!" he shouted at her. But she didn't hear him.
She ran back to the village. She looked up to see Beat wasn't at the spot he was standing before. She sprinted out of the forest and onto Hyrule Field. She climbed into a cart to be confronted by a blonde, rough looking boy. He looked the same as the mask she was told to retrieve.
"Umm, hello." he said shock clear in his voice.
"Hi, umm, Mr. Grimsley told me to get his sword and a mask that looks like your face!" she explained quickly.
The boy then pulled his face off. He revealed his true self and now looked completely different. He was now taller, with darker hair. He handed her the mask and gave her a sword belt. "Is Beat in trouble?" he asked quietly.
"Yes, and I know you want to help but you can't!" she cried. "I'm sorry but only Beat can help now!"

Beat was the one who needed help. He was being pulled through the forest at high speed. He was in the tight grip of a serpent like creature with arms. He couldn't use his spell for risk of burning down the woods. He had stabbed his knife in the creatures body as it first jumped at him, but it didn't seem to notice.
It didn't even touch the ground as it dodged through the trees. It suddenly released him in a clearing. He fell on his face in front of a young man.
"Him? This is the holder of Rage? He looks weak!" laughed the boy. He had short red hair, that was messy. He stood about as tall as Beat, maybe taller. Beat began to rise but was kicked down by the boy.
"What are you doing!" shouted Beat.
"You will not rise until I permit you. You're lucky I put you down before my pet did." he said smugly.
"I meant why are you attacking the Kokiri?" Beat spat out. Under his left glove he saw the black triangle glow again.
"Oh, that." yawned the red haired boy. He covered his mouth with his left hand. The same triangle glowed on his hand, but his was brighter on the right triangle on top. "I'm obeying orders from the Skull King. If you're wondering what's on my hand it's my piece, The Antriforce of Fear. I'm Jacob, and I think now you can rise."
"Antriforce? What's that?" asked Beat rising to his feet.
"It's that thing on your left hand. You have Rage."
"Why's everybody saying that! 'Holder of Rage' it is confusing!"
"Not really, it's the same as the Triforce. Just that the Antriforce was made to destroy the Triforce." laughed Jacob.
Beat gritted his teeth, he got ready to jump at Jacob.
"You've me made bored, so now I'll have to kill you. Forvalgia, dispose of him please." sighed Jacob. He snapped his fingers and the serpent pounced.
Beat found himself being carried into the air and saw the creature, Forvalgia was a dragon. It had a mane of leaves, and green scales. It flew high above the air and roared once more.

Saria looked up and saw the monster high in the air. She also saw it's victim in it's claws. She screamed as it threw the Gerudo far out into the forest below.

Richard and his company heard the roar and looked up to see the dragon. He pulled Gwen and Penny, hiding their eyes from the monster. Peter stood stock still staring on in horror as it flung his friend down to the floor far below. Richard pulled the girls into the closest cart. He motioned to Peter to get in and take the reigns.
"Get them out of here! I'll stay here with Starcatcher and Grim's Charge. Keep them safe. Use my sword if you need to, protect them at all costs, just don't get yourself killed."
"Ok." he nodded. He whipped his horse to get moving. He steered down the path away from the forest.

Navi was flying with Melody to Saria's side. They caught up with her as she entered the Lost Woods. They all ran towards the area he had landed. They all ran until Saria suddenly stopped.
"He's alive!" she shouted. "He played my song on a leaf-whistle and told me he can see the Deku Tree from where he landed. We should head to the Deku Tree's Meadow. I know what to do with this mask now too."

Beat ceased playing the song. "I hope I was smart in entrusting my violin to that sprout." he muttered. He then began to run towards the tallest tree in sight. As he ran he saw a small hut hidden by some trees. He decided to investigate now. He found several targets with dents and arrows embedded in them. He continued walking until he came across a rack of handmade bows and slingshots. He decided to ignore those and head for the hut.
"Hello?" he whispered sticking his head inside.
No response.
"I'm coming in!" he stated walking in. He looked around. A roughly made bed, a small unlit fire, a carpenter table, a few quivers full of arrows. He also noticed a small cabinet that's doors were shaking. He decided to open it.
"Hello there my young friend!" he greeted looking at the young Kokiri boy.
"Wh..who are you? Why did you come here?" he stammered.
"I'm Beat Grimsley." he smiled.
"You're going to hurt me!" shouted the boy.
"No I'm not, trust me." Beat soothed.
"No!" screamed the boy.
"I've got an idea, wait here!" he laughed closing the cabinet. He ran to the window, and plucked a leaf off a nearby tree. He then opened the cabinet again, finding the boy where he left him.
"Just leave me alone!" begged the boy.
"Nope." replied Beat. He placed the leaf to his lips and played the Song of Healing. He felt the magic course through him again, and watched a mask fall from the boys face. It depicted the boys terrified face.
"Woah!" gasped the boy.
"You're free from the fear you had. Now tell me who you are."
"I'm Archer. I ran from the rest of children because I was scared. I don't know how, but one day I was just terrified of everything. I came here to live in solitude, and I got relaxed by practicing with the bow or slingshot."
"Well I think I may know the guy responsible for your fear. But for now come with me. And bring some bows, I'll grab every quiver I can bring."
"How many bows?" asked Archer.
"Ummm, three should do." Beat replied.
They gathered the tools and ran outside. Archer led Beat to a clearing, there they found the Deku Tree, along with Saria and her two fairy friends.

"Beat!" exclaimed Navi, flying to him. She flew up and hugged his forehead. "You're ok!"
"His tunics not." stated Melody noting all the rips in it.
"Oh, right I forgot." laughed Beat. He removed his tunic to reveal several cut and bruises all over to his back.
"Are you okay?" Saria asked looking at the marks on his back.
"I'm fine, please tell me you brought my things." he begged.
"Here's your sword and mask." she reassured handing him his things.
"Mido here?" he asked looking around.
"By the sprout." replied Navi.
"Mido!" called Beat.
"What is it?" Mido said running towards Beat.
"Nothing special." Beat replied. He then put the mask to Mido's face.
Mido screamed in pain and fell to the ground. He then stood back up as Will.
"What the hell!" shouted Mido. He jumped at his voice. He then noticed his height difference and other changes.
"Relax, just let the spirit of the mask take over for now. Mido the spirit is of an old friend of mine. His name is Will, and he'll use you as a surrogate body for him until everything calms down." explained Beat.
"For Farore's sake, Grimsley! He's just a kid I put little force and he goes under." shouted Will.
"This is too much to handle." Archer sighed grabbing his head.
"They know I'm not dead. That guy controlling the dragon, he's got something on his hand, he called it an Antriforce. He said I had one too." Beat stated. "They'll either attack here or somewhere else that's important to you."
"The Temple!" shouted Saria.
"Shit!" muttered Will.
"Well, we need get there fast. Preferably one way that doesn't go through the woods."
"The Minuet of Forest!" Saria exclaimed. "Quick get your violin!"
"Ok." Beat then ran to reclaim it from the tree sprout. He then lifted his foot and brought it down into the sprout, plunging it into the ground.
"What did you do that for?" Navi shouted.
"To protect it. If the enemy came and found him exposed they'd kill him. I'd rather hurt him to protect him then let him get killed." Beat reasoned.
"Ok, Beat take Will, I'll take your friend here. Just play the song I play!" Saria ordered.
She then played a song that made you relive the memories of your childhood. Then Saria and Archer vanished. Beat quickly played the same song, and found himself being engulfed in green light. He then found both Will and himself standing in the grove where he met Saria inside his dream.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.