Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 56] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

The morning sun rose and the bright glistening light shined against my face. I wondered if I should even get up, but I knew that my mother would have barged into my room and drag me out of bed herself. I didn't want that to happen so I sat up my bed and stretched my arms, feeling my heart race from only that action.

"This is going to be another boring day for sure," I said as I got out of bed. For a while, I just stared at the floor. Doing nothing and just losing all thought until...

"Zelda, are you ready? The bus will be here in 10 minutes!" my mother yelled.

I snapped out of my trance and looked at my clock. "Shit, its 7:35! I'm going to miss the bus!" I shouted as I ran into my closet and put on my school clothes. A formal skirt and a pink T-shirt (all I had for clothing were pink clothes).

I ran down the stairs, nearly falling down on them.

"Bye mom, see you after school!" I shouted.

"Zelda wait!" but I was already out of the door when she yelled my name.
I ran to the bus stop, that's 5 blocks away, as fast as I could but just my luck. I tripped on a rock a few blocks over, landing on the hard pavement and the bus already left me. All I did was watch it drive away farther and farther from me. I couldn't even get one word out of my mouth without it being screamed to the heavens.

I looked down and wondered if I should walk to school or if I should ask my mom to drive me there herself. She would be pissed off if she knew I missed the bus, so I got up, brushed the dirt of my legs and started walking. Then I felt this slight sting on my right leg. I looked down and to my luck again; I was bleeding from falling on the concrete. ‘Of all days, why did it have to be today that I chose to wear a skirt?'

Usually I am a very lucky girl, bad luck once every week. Nothing but good things happened to me every day since my father passed away (which wasn't very lucky). Yet, ever since I woke up I had bad luck every time I turn around. Then I realized, "Today is going to be different...I just know it." I limped to school from there and tried to ignore the sting from my leg.



Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.