Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 18] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Link turned another page, only to find that it had been ripped out, as well as most pages after it. Well, there goes his history lesson. Disappointed, his thoughts ran over memories of Zelda, and Hyrule, the magnificent Hyrulian Plains, the pristine waters of Lake Hylia, the towering Death Mountain, and the burning desert of Gerudo Valley.
There was a knocking on Link's door. He jumped up, suddenly jolted from his distant past and into the present.
"Hello?" The person said. There was a bit of uncertainty in the voice, as if they expected no answer. Link straggled to the door, and opened it just enough to peer out. He saw Zel's scowling face, she obviously did not want to be here.
"Yes?" Link raised an eyebrow.
"The king wants to see you." she spat.
"What's the matter?"
Zel's arms flew up.
"Oh, I don't know, maybe it's the fact that you completely decimated three crop fields!"
"What?" Link was confused, how did he do that?
"Listen. That old library was huge," Zel explained, " a bunch of crops were planted right over it. When you woke up the monster down there, it destroyed the library. Now, what do you think happened to the crops on top of it?"
Link opened the door fully now, enraged.
"Now hold on!" he exclaimed, "You're the one who killed it!"
"You woke it up!" Zel yelled right back, "If you hadn't waltzed on in there, I wouldn't have had to kill it!"
"Just, never mind that." Link was eager to end the conversation. He blew past her, and headed in the direction of the throne room.
He walked through the double doors leading into the throne room. The floor was covered in glittering red and white tiles, as was the wall. On an upraised section of the floor at the back of the room, on an ornate upholstered chair, sat the king. He was well built, bald, and littered with scars. One eye was glazed over and his attire reminded Link vaguely of Ganondorf's.
He kneeled in front of the king.
"You wanted me sir?"
"Yes, I did." the king motioned for him to rise, and he did so. "I am aware of what happened in the library-" Link cringed, "but I recognize you are not at fault." he relaxed.
"I have also heard that you are on a quest?"
"Yes sir," Link answered, "I quest to learn of the cataclysm that occurred one hundred years ago."
The king nodded.
"There is an island far out at sea, Gerudo Isle they call it. The pirates steal from us, and other cities near the Ruins.”
The Ruins, is what most people called the ruins of Old Hyrule. It’s almost blatantly obvious.
“All of our historical documents have been pilfered by those thieves. What you are seeking may be there.”
“Thank you sir.”
Link bowed, turned, and started to walk out of the room.
“Good luck.” the king said, as Link pushed the double doors open.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.