Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 13] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
The twins had been alive for two months. Though the war raged between the many people of Hyrule, they knew nothing of it. Their father, who was the king of Hyrule, often went off to fight in the many battles of this war, but they were to young to notice. In fact, Link and Zelda probably never would have needed to know of the war if something terrible hadn't happened shortly before the end of the war.
It was a stormy morning, and a three year old girl had shown up at the castle. She had brown hair and turquoise eyes. The guards, not having the heart to throw her out, took her to the king and queen. She was obviously frightened, but the king questioned her anyway. "What's your name?" he asked.
"Karesa," she answered, her voice shaking.
"Where are your parents, Karesa?" he asked next.
"They're dead, sir, killed in the war," she replied.
The king pitied her as she answered. From the look on her face he could tell she had seen them die. "I'm so sorry," he responded, "why don't you stay here a while?"
She agreed. She met young Link and Zelda later that day. All seemed well. When night fell however, the castle was attacked. As the queen ran towards her children's room she was gravely wounded. It did not stop her, though, she needed to save her children. She ran into the room grabbed Link, and ran out of the castle through a secret passage. Once outside she waited for her husband to come running out with Zelda as he was supposed to, but he didn't. When she heard Zelda's wails stop she was sure her child was dead. Knowing she needed to save Link, she ran to the Kokiri forest, the only place that knew peace. Bleeding and crying she found the Great Deku Tree, told him about Link, asked him to take care of Link, then walked off to die.
Zelda, however, was fine. When Karesa realized the king was to busy fighting to protect his daughter, she grabbed Zelda, quieted her cries, and hid. When at last the guards defeated the attackers, the king found Karesa and his daughter. He was pleased to see his child safe, and took Zelda from Karesa, but demanded, "Where is my son?"
"I don't know, sir," Karesa answered, her eyes wide.
The king was filled with rage at this statement. "Get out!" he yelled, "Leave Hyrule, you are no longer welcome in my kingdom!"
Karesa ran from him, and didn't stop running until she was to tired to move her body farther.


Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.