Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 53] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time



The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time


The Last Stone


The bright sun shone down from overhead, a small figure clad in green climbed the mountain, dodging the huge lumps of falling rock. He reached a far wall and looked up. He brought his head back down and closed his eyes. A wolf howl echoed through the land as the sun sank and the moon rose up into the sky. Scaling the massive wall the figure reached the top as he did so a large shadow of a bird moved as the owl stretched its wings. A bright red light came from a passage as the boy approached a blistering heat surged form the passage. A stone wall that seemed to have been made caught the boy’s eye as the moonlight shone on it…


Link neared the stone wall and wondered, he took out a bomb and placed it next to the wall, hoping that something might happen. He had seen other walls like this down the mountain and had heard the noise of a gold Skultula coming from within one of them so they must be hollow. A large crash pulled Link out of his daydream. In front of him was a large black hole. He walked cautiously towards it and ran through with his sword drawn…


He entered the great fairy’s fountain and gazed around in wonder, the walls seemed not to be walls, but sheets of colourful water blue and purple falling gently to the floor. The soft music floated around the room and combined with the effects of the "walls" it created a harmonic balance. Link felt perfectly at peace in the great fairy’s fountain. He look towards the front of the fountain and saw why it was called a fountain. In front of him was a path of white tiles which led up to a bath like fountain a small step had the Triforce painted on it in gold and two tall pillars topped with flames burnt on either side of it. He walked slowly up to it, his boots not even making a sound. He stood on the Triforce and looked up the top of the fountain stretched up into infinity. Bringing his head back down he noticed that at the back of the fountain was a band of purple and blue that represented a rainbow. He took out the ocarina and raising it to his lips played Zelda’s Lullaby. A small woman jumped out of the fountain growing larger as she circled. She was beautiful, a true fairy. Her hair was long and red- slightly tainted pink. Her body was covered with nothing more than vines, which seemed to form a kind of bathing suit. The only other thing she wore was dark brown knee-high boots. Her fingernails were painted the same colour as her hair as were her lips. She had a kind and gentle voice. As Link stood before her he gazed at her, slightly overwhelmed by her. She taught him a new sword technique and allowed him to use magic. She then disappeared back down into the pool with a laugh. Link walked out of the fountain and the sun hit him full in the face. He looked up at the owl, which flapped around and Link took hold of his talons.


The owl carried him down to Kakariko village on top of Impa’s house. He rolled his shoulders, travelling by means of holding on to an owl’s talons was not exactly practical or comfortable. Link jumped down onto the wicker ledge above the cucco lady’s chicken pen. He walked through a small door and found himself in a cage with a cow. He collected the heart container, turned around and left. Link jumped down into the pen and slowly walked out of Kakariko village as he contemplated what to do next. He finally decided to go and see Zelda again and tell her he had got the second stone, slipping past the guards he sought out Zelda in the usual spot of the courtyard. When Zelda had finished talking to Link he still had only a vague idea of where to go. Navi helpfully flew out of his tunic.


"I wonder if Saria knows where the last spiritual stone is"


Link thoughtfully looked up at Navi. When Link had been escorted out of the castle by Impa, Navi reminded Link.


"Saria may know where the last spiritual stone is," Navi hinted


" But I don’t want to walk all the way across Hyrule field to the forest then find out I have to go far away" Link complained


"Then use Saria’s song, you know she’s always there for you"


" Navi, sometimes I don’t know what I’d do without you"


After using Saria’s song and finding out where they had to go next, Link and Navi travelled to Zora’s river when they found non other than that pesky owl Kaepora Gaebora. As Link approached him he spoke talking about how he had grown a little. After the usual talk the owl took to the skies again. Bursting his way through the boulders that stood at the gate to Zora’s river, Link walked to see a fairly fat, bald man sitting on the floor and throwing something out of a brown sack into his mouth.


Link then found out the man was selling "magic" beans. After buying a couple of pieces he jumped over the river with the help of a nearby chicken. After travelling through the twist and turns of the river Link came to his goal.


Two pieces of land were joined to the walls either side of the conclave and they hung in mid-air. Behind these criss-crossing strips there was a huge flowing waterfall. He walked to the top piece of land and saw a kind of plague on the ground. He read it, it turned out this was a "sleepless" waterfall, also known as slumber falls. When the king slept so did the waterfall. Link knew what to do.


"Oh, this is sooo easy" he commented.


Bringing his Ocarina to his lips he softly played the tune Zelda’s lullaby. The waterfall slowed and revealed a passageway. Link jumped over the gap and entered Zora’s domain.


Link had to admit this place was beautiful. A large waterfall gushed into a large pool. There were large pieces of rock jutting out of the water. One flat piece acted as a platform. The rest of the domain was made out rock.


Link followed the path and found himself walking up a set of steps into a room, with a large Zora sitting on a ledge. The sign said that this was King Zora. Link walked onto a platform and talked to the king. It turned out that his daughter, princess Ruto, had gone missing. It was said that Ruto was a "wild tomboy".


" Not another one" Link said aloud


" What?" the king asked


"Oh… nothing," Link replied innocently


Link walked down a narrow passage where he could hear a loud gushing noise. He slid down the wall, sighed, and sat in the water that covered the floor.


"What was that ‘ not another one’ business about?" asked Navi


" The two princesses’ in Hyrule are said to be tomboys, you would think at least one of them would be regal," he replied.


He got up and found that the gushing sound was the large waterfall he had seen earlier. A tall, slim Zora stood nearby. Link got a good look at him. He, like the other Zora’s was tall and slim. He (or she) was pale, almost white but had a blue tint to his skin, on the large tail that grew from his head were hexagonal scales that were turquoise and blue. His skin was wet and made him shimmer. He had fins growing of his arms and thighs and his eyes were small and black. What sex he/she was though Link couldn’t tell as there was nothing to go by. This was just as well anyway since they didn’t wear any clothes at all. Link approached him and as he did so the Zora asked him, if he wanted to play the diving game, Link gave his consent and dived off the waterfall. There was a sharp stinging pain as Link hit the water but he quickly got over it as he scooped up a rupee. He had a fairly long amount of time so he came up for air and dived down to collect another rupee. Link continued this sequence until he had collected all the rupees. The Zora who was watching called out to him when he had finished. Link quickly ran up to him and got a silver scale. He then dived off the waterfall and down into a hole he had seen before. He was instantly taken to Lake Hylia, one of the main watering points in Hyrule. Many people came hear in the summer months to play seen as there were no pools anywhere else and nearly nobody could get into Zora’s domain.


As Link floated in the water he took a good look around. Tall walls surrounded the lake and there were a few waterfalls to his right, which originated from the Gerudo valley. In the centre of the lake was a round island with a fairly large and dead tree standing on it. He could also vaguely make out a small kind of gravestone and a platform with a picture of the Triforce and some other pattern on it. A series of two small but sturdy rope bridges connected to it. These came up to the land next to a large cream coloured building with a purple roof, which was the lakeside laboratory. Tall funnels and platforms came out of this. On the land behind him were two patches of earth with a scarecrow in them.. And then there was the fishing pond. After diving and getting a bottle with a message in it, Link planted a magic bean, did a spot of fishing and returned to Zora’s domain. Taking the message in a bottle with him Link returned to Zora’s Domain and ran up to King Zora’s throne room.


After reading the message King Zora insisted that Link should go and rescue Ruto. He slowly moved aside and Link ran through the passage to the right and entered Zora’s fountain. Navi scanned the area though it wasn’t very large. Just in front of him was the huge fish, Jabu Jabu. He snatched up a fish in the nearby pool and entered the fish by route of the mouth. After finding the princess Ruto and defeating Barnicade, Link received the last spiritual stone off Ruto. Link was puzzled by the fact that Ruto wanted to marry him.


"Hey Link, we should go to the castle and see Princess Zelda" Navi stated


" Yeah, Ok there’s something I’ve got to do first though"


After learning Farore’s wind off the Great Fairy, Link headed across Hyrule field to the castle.


When Link neared the castle he noticed that the sky had darkened and the drawbridge hadn’t been lowered for day. He stood at where the drawbridge should lower and to his amazement it did. A stunning white horse with a grey mane and tail ran past him. It’s riders to his dismay were Zelda and Impa. Zelda turned around threw something in the moat and turned back around facing the front of the horse. No sooner than she had disappeared than another rider and horse appeared. But this was Ganondorf. He stared down at Link menacingly.


"Hey you there, Kid"


Link stared into the Gerudo’s eyes stubbornly as he patronised him.


" That white horse that just ran by, which way did it go? You must have seen"


When Link didn’t answer he said " Do you think you can protect them from me?"


Link drew the Kokiri’s sword and took the shield from his back to buy Impa and Zelda some time to get away.


"You want apiece of me? Very funny" Ganon laughed. He brought up his left hand. It was then that Link noticed, aside from the fact that he was a sorcerer and male, that Ganondorf was different from other Gerudo’s by the fact he had green skin. A huge white light formed in Ganon’s hand, it then shrank and turned yellow and then purple. He brought his hand back and hurled the energy at Link, knocking him back a couple of feet.


" Do you know who I am?" Questioned Ganon


"I am the great Ganondorf and soon the ruler of this miserable land," He said before Link could reply.


With that he took off and headed out of sight and into the darkness. Link watched as he ran off then slowly climbed to his feet groaning at the pain in his stomach. The sky stayed dark but Link was more concerned about the object that Zelda had thrown in the moat. He dived in the water and quickly retrieved the blue object. As soon as he had brought it up to the surface a memory came to him.


Zelda was standing in front of the altar in the Temple of Time clutching something against her chest. She said something but turned around and brought the Ocarina to her lips and played the Song of Time. The memory of this tune was just as real as if it had just been played. Link brought the same Ocarina up to his lips and played the song perfectly.


After he had learned the song he ran into the town got Din’s Fire off the great fairy and ran in to the temple of Time. He glanced around the huge building there were small windows up high but they filtered bright sunlight through. He walked forward and stood on the red carpet before the altar. An inscription on the altar read "He who holds three spiritual stones stand here with the Ocarina of time and play the song of Time" Link took at the blue Ocarina and played the song of time…


 


 


 


 



Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.