Post Your Own Work

 New Fan Works  Old Fan Works  Zelda Series  Multimedia  Features  Interactive  Site Info
[Reviews - 53] Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time part 4



The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time part 4



Awaken, Hero of time



The legendary blade, The Master Sword, stood on it's own in the small circular room. The one window poured a ray of light into the room illuminating it just enough to let the evil-destroying sword, glint in the sparse light.


Slowly a thin ray of bright light entered the room and began to broaden, the Door of Time, was opening for the first time in millenniums. A young, Kokiri boy of about 10 years stood at the altar and watched in wonder as the door opened. The door stopped resting fully open and the young boy walked up the stone steps. He stood in front of the short passage, his blue eyes, full of determination and wonder. He took a step, paused and took another step. His mind raced with thoughts, he peered into the dark room. He took a few more steps and his boots echoed as he walked down the passage.


The blue light that was the fairy, Navi, flew forwards and gazed at the sword and said "It's that legendary blade..... The Master Sword"


The Kokiri ran forward and drew level with the fairy. He boldly walked forward up the steps and up to the pedestal that held the sword. He gazed around the room, then his eyes focused on the sword, he shivered as thought of Ganondorf, and as he did a cold breeze blew through the room, lifting his blonde hair slightly. He took a deep breath, he knew there was no going back now. He reached up and gripped the hilt of the sword tightly with both hands. He stepped up onto the pedestal. The boy's muscles tensed, using all his strength he pulled the sword upwards. A bright blue light surrounded him and the fairy, then reached up to the ceiling. As it did the boy's vision grew hazy, everything went black.


He fainted



 


"Link…The chosen one … wake up Link"


The boy named Link opened his eyes, and looked around to see, not the Temple of Time, but a room which seemed to reach into infinity. Several platforms stood around him, floating in the air. It seemed that water was pouring of them and round rays of light shot through each one.


He himself was standing on a large platform. Around the edges were symbols, which represented a medallion. There were six in all each different colours with engravings on them. There was a green one, blue, red, orange, purple and lastly a yellow one.


In the middle of these was the symbol of the Triforce, which Link was standing on. Link looked at the yellow medallion to see a man. He had a white beard and wore long robes with detailed patterns interwoven in them.


" I am Rauru, Sage of Light" said the man


The man continued talking for a while about the Triforce and such then when Link said he understood his own destiny to save Hyrule the man said "Link, do not be alarmed but look at yourself"


Link looked down to see that his clothes and body had changed. Now instead of seeing a small boy’s body, he saw a fully-grown Hylian man, he had broad shoulders, a slim waist and powerful, muscular arms and legs. His faced had changed too, although he obviously couldn’t see he had lost all the soft contours of a child’s face and his face was mature, his eyes were a deeper blue and his bright blonde hair was longer. He was very handsome and although he didn’t know it, he would be very attractive to the ladies. His clothes were different too, albeit only slightly, he wore the same style tunic only underneath he wore a pair of white leggings and a tight white shirt.


The man named Rauru continued talking, interrupting the young man’s thoughts. He was finally transported back into the Temple of Time, he made to leave but then sensed something behind him….. He quickly drew the Master Sword, and turned around to face… a young man about the same age as him. He had blonde hair and red eyes, but he couldn’t see the rest of his face as it was covered with a white ripped cloth, which extended down to his waist. He wore a blue bodysuit and a white turban on his head. Link also noticed he bandages wrapped around his fingers and chest, there was a mystery about him and he reminded Link of Impa, Zelda’s nursemaid. Not being able to see his face fully made Link uneasy, and he was sure he had seen the symbol on the man’s chest somewhere before.


" I am Shiek, survivor of the Shiekah" he told Link. He continued talking for a little while.


The evil has infected the temples. You will find the sages in the temples :


One in a deep forest


One on a high mountain,


One under a vast lake,


One within the house of the dead


One inside a goddess of the sand


"As I see you standing there, with the mythical Master sword you really do look like the legendary Hero who is destined to save Hyrule.


He then told Link that he was not equipped to enter the first temple. He told him to head for Kakariko village to get what he needed.


Link walked out of the Temple of Time, the sky was dark, full of purple and blacks. Death Mountain had a bright cloud of fire around it. He walked into the town.


The sight before him was sickening, redeads wandered around the dilapidated town. He ran past them quickly as they let out their moans. He quickly ran down the path that led out of the town. He walked into the building to his left and talked to the Cyclops inside.


After being seriously freaked out by what it had said he ran towards Lon Lon ranch, as he ran away from the castle walls the sky brightened and then darkened as he approached the ranch. He read the sign nearby which used to state about Lon Lon ranch, now it read:


The Great Ingo’s


Ingo Ranch ahead.


Link ran up the slope and into the ranch, the sky was dark now but the ranch didn’t seem to have changed. Link entered the stable and was shocked to see a young woman, the same age as him staring sadly at the ground as she grasped a bucket with both hands. She had bright ginger hair and blue eyes : it was Malon. Link approached her walking quietly. When he was a few feet away from her he spoke


"Excuse me," As Link spoke he noticed his voice was deeper than when he was a child. It was now deep and soft. The woman looked up as Link walked towards her more. She smiled softly but in her eyes there was a sadness and anxiousness.


"Oh, It’s been a while since we’ve had visitors."


"Why?" Link questioned


Malon answered him, ending up in tears over the emotions inside and her worry about her father who had been kicked out of the ranch.


Link walked outside and towards the enclosed area in the middle to see if there was anything he could do. Standing at the entrance to the fenced area was none other than Ingo dressed very smartly. Link approached him and noticed that there were gates up, which were closed. On the passage between the house and stable there were small gates as well.


Link glanced in the field and saw a brown horse standing in the middle, it was Epona. After paying Ingo ten rupees Link stepped into the field and called Epona over to him with Epona’s song. The horse was about sixteen hands high, chestnut in colour with a white mane and tail. Her ears and nose were black as were part of her legs, which finished off white. On her face was a white diamond right between her eyes, which dotted into three white spots. Link climbed up onto her back and rode her around the field, jumping over the fences. He talked to Ingo who challenged him to a race with a wager of 50 rupees. The first round Link beat Ingo with ease Epona was easy to control and the fastest horse in Hyrule. The second round wasn’t as easy but it wasn’t a challenge either.


After winning Epona, the young man headed to Kakariko as Shiek had told him. As he approached the village after going up the steps he noticed the sky had darkened just as it had when he was standing by Hyrule castle and when he went to Lon Lon Ranch. He walked to the entrance to see that there was no ‘clock’ soldier. He walked through the entrance and saw the two young men that always fought with each other standing underneath the tree, fighting. The music that filled the village when he was a child was still playing but it sounded different somehow. It was the same tune but it seemed saddened and slower. He noticed that the frame that had once been the beginning of a building was now complete and was the shooting gallery in which Link had once practised his slingshot skills. He walked past the well and noticed it was empty, but the cucco lady still stood by her pen. Link walked into the graveyard and into Dampe the gravediggers hut. It was cold and musty in here but he read his diary anyway. It said something about a kind of treasure.


He walked outside and up to the first row of graves. Each of them was dedicated to common people such as the ones who lived in Kakariko and Hyrule castle town. At the end of the first row there was no sign of a ‘Dampe’ anywhere. The last name Link had read had been a ‘Sigon’ it mentioned the father and when ‘Sigon’ had been born and died but nothing more. This grave was of no interest to Link, although he did silently pay his respects as he looked down at it. Link walked up to the row on the side and read the first gravestone he saw, it read:


‘Here lies Dampe the grave keeper. Born? Died? May he rest in peace.’


The grave was no different from the others apart from the fact it had small flowers in front of it. He walked round to the back of the grave and pulled it back revealing a small square hole. He jumped down and found the bright ghost of Dampe hover above the ground. After speaking to the ghost he ran after it through the twists and turns of the maze. At the end after he had caught up with Dampe he spoke to him again and a chest appeared. He opened it to find the hookshot. He walked to a small exit at the back of the small, damp part of the grave. A huge slab of stone slammed down behind him, leaving him trapped. A large blue block in front of him was blocking his way. This block had the same symbol on it as the door of time. He wondered … Link took out the blue Ocarina of Time, it had been 7 years since he had played it. The tune of the song of time floated out of it and a blue light surrounded it the block then shrank away with the light revealing a staircase with light at the end of it.


Link climbed up the staircase when he was halfway up the stairs he stopped and listened, a faint noise was coming from the building ahead. He proceeded up the steps listening carefully, then it hit him, this was the windmill. He ran up the few remaining steps and looked down at the spinning platform below then at the pillars across from him. On one of the platforms was a heart piece and taking out the hookshot he fired it towards the wood on the platform. He took a hold and then dragged him across he picked up the heart and jumped down and ran towards the musician.


When he spoke to the man he was less than glad to see Link. He grumbled stating that the hard times was that ‘Ocarina kid’s’ fault. Bringing the Ocarina of Time out the man remembered some evil kid’s song and taught Link the Song of Storms.


After exiting the windmill Link saw no reason in staying in the village any longer. He paid a quick visit to the skulltula family and ran towards the exit of the village. Link ran swiftly down the steps and mounted Epona immediately and sped off towards the first temple in the Kokiri forest.



To be continued…



Enter the security code shown below:
 Sections
The "Post Your Own Work" section is powered by eFiction. To get it for your site, go to www.efiction.org.